Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Coffee and Racism

Here in Australia, when we have a coffee with just hot water + coffee, we call it black. When we add milk to our coffee, we call it white. In America however, I've heard that they don't say that, they call it espresso and latte, respectively. Is this because there is much more racial tension? What's your opinion on the matter?

:.|:;

#2 Before February 2015

Echo!

Re: Coffee and Racism

I don't see the issue, I call coffee black and white, why not? The coffee is pretty much black and then it's white, you're only saying what you visually see.

#3 Before February 2015

arteem

Latte and white coffee are different things. White coffee is just water+coffee+milk, it's a mix. Latte isn't a mix, it's made with layers (coffee -> milk -> coffee. Not mixed).

Black coffee is water+coffee, espresso is a 'concentrated beverage brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans'.

Last edited by arteem (May 9 2013 5:50:33 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

It's not supposed to be about race, it's a cup of coffee for Pete's sake.

#5 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

You're forgetting this is America. Understandably so, even though my generation had nothing to do with the racial conflict of the 70s and previously, people here are still bitter about segregation and slavery before it. I have found, however, that the new generation of African Americans have taken it to a whole new level, where apparently it is ok to say anything about white kids their own age, but the moment a white kid says something, they get beat up.

Its understandable knowing all that white people but their ancestors through, but lets be real, my family wasn't even IN america during that time ._.

I think there should be no labels, and everyone should just be happy

#6 Before February 2015

Chimi

I call it black if it has no cream or sugar. Other wise it is just 'coffee with cream' or 'coffee with sugar' or even 'coffee with cream and sugar'.

Espressos and Lattes are different, I think. I am not a huge coffee fanatic; I like my good ol' cup of my own blend.

edit:
Julian Smith.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyr48GACzc[/youtube]

Last edited by Chimi (May 9 2013 1:45:44 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I hate Coffee.

ALL HAIL TEA!

#8 Before February 2015

Calicara

Race is a lie. Skin color is based on geography.

Coffee is coffee no matter what's in it, no reason to call it anything else, just enjoy it for what it is.

#9 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Chimi wrote:

I call it black if it has no cream or sugar. Other wise it is just 'coffee with cream' or 'coffee with sugar' or even 'coffee with cream and sugar'.

Espressos and Lattes are different, I think. I am not a huge coffee fanatic; I like my good ol' cup of my own blend.

edit:
Julian Smith.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyr48GACzc[/youtube]

I love that song! I wonder why I didn't think of it earlier.

#10 Before February 2015

Deetz

Just so you know, here in America, plenty of people drink black and white coffee, my Parents included.

#11 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Black and white are just colors, why should it be racism? I don't think there's any problems like that with white and dark chocolate.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#12 Before February 2015

Calicara

There is no such thing as black and white, like I said before your skin color is only based on your geography. If you live in an area with tropical weather and lots of sun you are more likely to have a darker skin tone, if you live in an area that's fairly cold or doesn't have a lot of sun you will have a lighter skin tone.

Race is only something adults teach children to separate people into sub groups to make others feel better/worse about themselves. We are all the same though, Homo sapiens, I don't know why people make such a big deal over skin tone, I never have.

#13 Before February 2015

tak4n

Here in New Zealand people with darker skin tone tend to make jokes about their own skin colour. There are so many races and different people here in New Zealand so no one even cares. No one will even notice you being racist as they will just think you are kidding. (Unless you make it obvious by making a riot or so.) It is amazing how friendly the people here are where is in other countries, people relate simple things such as coffee to skin colour. I agree more with Failgirl101, people are people. People go against racism when the real reason racism still exists is because these people keep reminding others about it. 'Nuff said.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#14 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

I think it is a bit of a bit jump to assume this has to do with racism. After all, there are a ton of things we call differently just because our language and phrases are not unified.

1oGNJTH.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

It turns out that:
1. I don't know much about coffee.
2. Some of the people here are some of the 7 million that have watched Julian Smith's video //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#16 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Failgirl101 wrote:

There is no such thing as black and white, like I said before your skin color is only based on your geography. If you live in an area with tropical weather and lots of sun you are more likely to have a darker skin tone, if you live in an area that's fairly cold or doesn't have a lot of sun you will have a lighter skin tone.

Race is only something adults teach children to separate people into sub groups to make others feel better/worse about themselves. We are all the same though, Homo sapiens, I don't know why people make such a big deal over skin tone, I never have.

No, we are not literally the same, we are split up into different races under the title of one species. Each race has a very different evolutionary path.

Race goes beyond skin colour, it can extend to many areas.

Besides all that, the human races should be looked at as unique, interesting and equal.

#17 Before February 2015

Calicara

People evolve differently in different ares of the world to adapt to their environment, but really we are just all Homo sapiens. You can separate people based on skin tone if you like, but skin tone really has nothing to do with how you are or whether you are inferior/superior.

Sure, we can separate people based on race in order to make us feel closer to our kin, but our way of life is mostly based on geographical distribution.

#18 Before February 2015

SeymourG

I hate America's view on racism. You call Anything, and I mean anything black, and you'll be called a racist.

#19 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Failgirl101 wrote:

People evolve differently in different ares of the world to adapt to their environment, but really we are just all Homo sapiens. You can separate people based on skin tone if you like, but skin tone really has nothing to do with how you are or whether you are inferior/superior.

Sure, we can separate people based on race in order to make us feel closer to our kin, but our way of life is mostly based on geographical distribution.

Stop thinking of it as skin colour, it is different races. It's like having different breeds of dogs or cats.

No one should be separated, but view each as race as unique and interesting rather than as the exact same thing. We are all born equal.

#20 2021-09-15 13:32:58

Onjit
Website

this thread is now closed

goodbye

Onjit1631622778791500

Board footer