Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

Authenticity

Have you ever been nervous to do something and when someone tries to calm you down they say just be yourself?

You're already being yoursef! Under the exact circumstances and stuff that happened in your life, you would be act that way in that situation. So keep on doing whatever you';re doing, because it's you!

The second topic is when people see someone they like and want to be like them. Some people think that's being fake. But it's actually being yourself! because that's you even if you have low self esteem.

Tha only way to not be yourself is to have a mental impediment you were not born with. that's ythe only way.

Come find me in game!

#2 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: Authenticity

I disagree.

Take my sister for example.

While shes still in middle school, she definitely has two distinct personalities.

One, when shes with friends, shes the kind of girls I hate. The blonde, stereotypical, sassy, stuck up ones, and I want to cut off all her hair and cover her face with mud.

But when shes home, shes funny, wonderful, happy, etc.

So why this change? Because shes not being herself when shes out in public.

Shes comfortable with me, with my family, so she lets her true weird nature show. But at school, she constantly has to maintain her "popular" status, which I think is ridiculous, but thats another story.

I dont think shes being herself, unless herself is a total B

#3 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

she's the kind of person who is easily/not easily but still was pressured into acting like other people.
that's a kind of person so she's being herself

Come find me in game!

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

If she's not comfortable about it/she knows it's just an act, then she's not being herself.

#5 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

^this.

If she was being herslef, she'd be that sweet girl she always is. If you have two distinctive personalities, one is false.

#6 Before February 2015

thecoolguy

From a technical standpoint, lovelemons is right, and you are not able to be anyone other than yourself.
People grow into who they are, and if that is acting like other people or trying to fit in, they are still theirselves.

#7 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

But what about when someone gets mental desiese?

Or what about an addiction? that alters the brain's chemistry

Come find me in game!

#8 Before February 2015

skullz17

If you think of personality as a set of reactions - how you react to different situations (since everyone reacts differently), then people acting differently around their friends etc is just their reaction to that particular situation, therefore they are still being themselves.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

FDOOU1423679009282423

Board footer