Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nondray

Move The Spawn Point, Still Appear There When Level Is Reset?

Noticed this a couple of times but I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct or if this has been raised before, so don't shout me down :L.

If you're in a room where the spawn point has been placed, say, inside a box that someone has created and you start off there and then move away from it; if the creator then moves the spawn point outside of the box to anywhere else on the map and resets the level using the chat command so that everybody returns to their spawn point, you get teleported to the original place on the map where you were (in this case inside the box) even though there is no longer a spawn point there.

Other people who have joined after the spawn point has been moved get teleported to the new place (where they started off). It's just people who joined before it moves that go to their original place regardless of the placing of the spawn point.
Sorry, it's difficult to explain but I hope you get the basic jist of it. I'm not sure if saving the world after moving the spawn point would affect it but I think it may have to do with the co-ordinates not changing with the placement of the spawn point if you are already in the world.

I'll shut up now. Feel free to question me further if you need to, I'm more than happy to help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.
And if anyone else has noticed this as well and can explain better than myself then please do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

#2 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Re: Move The Spawn Point, Still Appear There When Level Is Reset?

Err... Did you saved the world before restarting?

If not the problem is in this: When you restart the world came back to the last saved world (I think).

BTW: Do Someone see my pie?

#3 Before February 2015

Nondray

Ah no sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear - It's not resetting the world to the last time it was saved by the creator, it's entering the command (not sure what it is) that sends everybody in the level to where they started from without affecting any changes that might have been made to the world's blocks.

And I've only experienced this when playing the game in other people's rooms, not in my own.

#4 Before February 2015

Purefear

the command is /reset and no this would not reset the spawn points to where they were if not saved, thats /loadlevel so this can easily be very real ill have to test this

#5 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Actually, /reset just resets all people back to the beginning. (Except gods)
/loadlevel does the same, yet it ALSO loads the level from it's last saved position.

Nondray 1423689606271826

Board footer