Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Purefear

Moving Glitch

Ok so on January 23 you updated the game and "Reworked the key handler to help fix the sticky keys issue some people have." well ever since you updated that my computer has been even worse about this glitch, also i for some reason will jump randomly at times i dont even have to press space bar, so uh thats new since the update. So now even the simplist of mini-games become next to impossible. If anyone is having this happen to them pls post it here. so uh this glitch has made getting magic coins pretty much impossible, lvls that arent coin farms dont get magic coins, lvls that accualy CAN get magic coins i cant play cause i cant move to anywhere without losing that lvl, even on the easiest of minigames (oh and now this glitch is making it so theres a delay for switching direction and accually moving and the delay is random, so its virtually impossible to time it right to do a hookjump) so ya uh ever since you "fixed" this glitch my computer CANNOT do **** on this game, If anyone is having this happen to them or if you have ANY suggestions pls tell me cause i almost want to rage quit the game all together.

Last edited by Purefear (Jan 26 2011 5:46:34 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

jDodson99

Re: Moving Glitch

Get a mac. Problem solved.

Also, triple posts are for noobs. Use the edit button.

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Actually, that isn't the game's fault. It's your computer's. Go find a fast computer and play it on there. I have 2 myself. A slug of a laptop and a fast desktop PC. The slug (when there are many people) will leave a delay between key press and packet sending. You need a good, fast computer.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

Purefear

uh but my computer is fast so i dont see how this could be the cause

#5 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Purefear wrote:

Get a better internet connection then. Can you post your computer specs here?

#6 Before February 2015

FMaster

Triple post...

#7 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Sorry to get off-topic... but wouldn't PureFear be counted as a triple-poster?

#8 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I think it's because of the "keyboard update", but for some reason I can't jump when I hold left/up at the same time and this gets annoying on many hook jumps/ other tricks.

#9 Before February 2015

Purefear

ilyas3d wrote:
Purefear wrote:

Get a better internet connection then. Can you post your computer specs here?

again, its fast

#10 Before February 2015

capasha

I have the same problem. I got it since beta started.
I have a good computer. It's not crap and not the connection either.
So, what is wrong. Windows , my keyboard or EE?

No message about "get a mac", because i don't like it.

#11 Before February 2015

Purefear

I have proof that this is a game glitch (well, computer types must have SOMETHING to do with it, but this is alot of the game's fault aswell) What I've noticed is that it takes about 4 blocks to gain full speed, but in this glitch, i am at full speed the moment it happens. So that means that it can't happen unless some outside force causes it. So uh can a mod PLEASE look at this glitch, it is very real and very annoying. Other people have this glitch, and i dont feel like getting a new computer (even IF, I could afford one).

Last edited by Purefear (Apr 23 2011 6:48:27 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

coolio

i've got a very fast (comcast) connection and my comp is not slow... but this happens to me as well.
when i press a button and let go, it just keeps going on and on and on...(same problem as 133)
also i've noticed that if you hold a button while leaving a level, it continues into the next level you go into D;
i find macs ANNOYING

#13 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

Yea, that glitch happens to me ( i call it the moving glitch ) i have a AlienWare m15x ( if you have no idea on what that is then search it on google ) and my internet connection is really good. ( i think ) BTW it's fixed now, well for me. RPGMaster2000 if your reading this then i just wanted to let you know that i wanted to say hi just to pass the time. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#14 Before February 2015

electriceel

jDodson99 wrote:

Get a mac. Problem solved.

Also, triple posts are for noobs. Use the edit button.

I like Windows :/ YOUR OPINION. NO FIGHT, MIND ME.

#15 Before February 2015

kitty45

Same thing my smiley moves to the side ok look under this post > is smiley

It really annoys me

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#16 Before February 2015

Purefear

kitkatt12 wrote:

Same thing my smiley moves to the side ok look under this post > is smiley

It really annoys me

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

same here

#17 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Its pretty much about your computer ... If you want to test your computer how fast it is..Go to your own world,and try doing a straight line all to the end ( Without stopping ) If u have much empty spaces - Its really slow so you better   Upgrade ur pc....

#18 Before February 2015

BEE

SmittyW. wrote:

I think it's because of the "keyboard update", but for some reason I can't jump when I hold left/up at the same time and this gets annoying on many hook jumps/ other tricks.

This. Fix please

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#19 Before February 2015

EDJ

It's an hardware malfunction. Chris cannot fix this
Use WASD instead

#20 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Different55 wrote:

Actually, that isn't the game's fault. It's your computer's. Go find a fast computer and play it on there. I have 2 myself. A slug of a laptop and a fast desktop PC. The slug (when there are many people) will leave a delay between key press and packet sending. You need a good, fast computer.

Hey, I have exactly the same, a slug of a laptop and a fast desktop PC.

#21 Before February 2015

Purefear

Different55 wrote:

ok so uh, even if i could afford one (which i cant) why would i, and why should i have to, go buy a new computer. I mean is there NO way to even HELP this? so only if i know that there is 100% NO way for chris to fix, will i even consider buying a new comp!

#22 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I would say... there is a lot you can do to speed up your computer. Go to Add/Remove programs and remove anything you don't use anymore. DO NOT get any registry cleaner or anything like MyFastPC (the ones with the commercials trying to take advantage of noobs). You can try closing anything you are not using, getting a game optimizer. I would download Spybot - Search & Destroy, ClamWin, and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware. Run all 3 routinely.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#23 Before February 2015

Hammyobob

I have a question too, Are you using Internet Explorer to play EE? (Yes I said this in the last post), I am wondering.. Because IE has had problems with keys sticking due to their security. Heck, they even have a forum on Kong about why you shouldn't use IE to play flash games. The best way to solve this problem is to use a different browser.

#24 Before February 2015

capasha

Like i said before. I have a good computer+connection+browser. So it's something wrong with EE.
And don't say i need mac. People that use windows can play it problem free.
Even if i buy a new computer for 15618.99 USD i will still get this problem. I'm sure about it.

#25 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Gravedigging. Warning.

Purefear 1423690735270697

Board footer