Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Spamming chat

Hi! There is a loophole that can be fixed: chat spamming with WPE PRO. The main problem is that the client (NOT the server) is limiting the messages, and the client side always can be hacked. See:
nvtelent.png
If the limit would be defined by the server (NOT the clinet), it couldn't be hacked like that, because the server would return "Don't spam me! >.<".

Last edited by Jojatekok (Mar 15 2011 5:03:55 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Ow3nd

Re: Spamming chat

This shouldn't be in Bug reports cause it anit a bug //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This should go on
Answers and Questions.

#3 Before February 2015

Ow3nd

And you just want yourself banned, cause your the only one on the list and the name is the same as the forum username

#4 Before February 2015

Betaguy

I've noticed that we can use WPE, but since ee doesnt have virusprotect it cant be fixed. If ee got that, then we cant animate eather //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Ow3nd Double post

Last edited by Betaguy (Mar 26 2011 3:32:52 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Own3d, double post, this should NOT go in questions and answers, it belongs in bug reports, and READ THE RULES. You are already becoming a nuisance on the forums. 17 posts and 2
-reps already. You get a warning for double posting. Also, Jojatekok was not spamming, there was nobody else in the room. He was just showing the weakness of the game.

Jojatekok, nice find and this is a very big bug. For everyone with no experience in WPE, if someone uses this bug, they can send 10 chat messages EVERY SECOND. With no limit. There is another possibility that could be very bad, so I'm not even going to mention it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Ow3nd

how do i stop double posting i click once!?

#7 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Delete your second post if you happen to double post by accident.

#8 Before February 2015

jakery

Ow3nd wrote:

how do i stop double posting i click once!?

What they mean is: instead of posting two messages in a row, click "edit" on your first post and add your new message to that. It reduces thread clutter and excessive bumping.
----------
Message 1:

Ow3nd wrote:

This shouldn't be in Bug reports cause it anit a bug //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This should go on
Answers and Questions.

Message 2:

Ow3nd wrote:

And you just want yourself banned, cause your the only one on the list and the name is the same as the forum username

Change it to a single message:

Ow3nd wrote:

This should go on
Answers and Questions.

Last edited by jakery (Mar 27 2011 7:49:32 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

This is a bug.

#10 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Chewy wrote:

This is a bug.

Yep, and the funny side is that it could be fixed very easily only by making the spam filter server-sided, like the swear filter.

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Yeah. I think there was a tutorial on how to do this somewhere. Would that be a warning/ban for encouragement of rule-breaking (it's technically a rule, there is a message that tells you to stop spamming if you do it manually)?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Jojatekok wrote:
Chewy wrote:

This is a bug.

Yep, and the funny side is that it could be fixed very easily only by making the spam filter server-sided, like the swear filter.

Surprise! Turns out Chris isn't slow XD. There are two spam filters. One server sided and one client sided. When you spam with other people around the server only sends out 3 chat packets before it cuts you off //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. I found this out when trying to show what is possible with WPE.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Cool

Jojatekok 1423690748270684

Board footer