Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

kekko

Using a specially formatted text can crash Flash and your browser

Hi everybody, I must say that this bug report is based purely on observation. This is what I encountered:

Apparently, the chat system has a bug in which, when you enter a particular kind of message, you can freeze the Flash plugin and the browser of every user with chat. I tested it with Flash 11.2.202.235 on Firefox 12.0.

The text on the chat looks like this:
  |USERNAME:x                                 |
  |x                                                           |

where "x" is any kind of character.
The following users are having a little fun crashing a number of rooms. If you own a room and you see them, ban immediately:

thedemon
bluecoin
ninjacoy
beenhead
fakemod
grabill123

EDIT: added new users

Last edited by kekko (May 7 2012 2:57:11 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Iced

Re: Using a specially formatted text can crash Flash and your browser

Thedemon has been targeted as one of these people, that is correct. Please could you keep an eye on him as he has also aqquired a code unlocker which enables him to God Mode / Powers in ANY world. He is spamming the chatbox with many space out messages, not only does this block out convo or screenshot ability, but shows he has got past the "Warning you said this too many times" limit which was implemented into the system. Please do NOT ban him from your worlds, trap him in a box and see how he reacts. if he can get out of the box please do say so that it happened. He is also doing this as a guest and on shared user tita56's account. That's all the info i could get.

#3 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Fix this =/!!! It's really annoying...

#4 Before February 2015

St Cool

Yeah its Thedemon, Nou already made a topic.
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=21986

#5 Before February 2015

kekko

St Cool wrote:

Yeah its Thedemon, Nou already made a topic.
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=21986

Thanks for the link. I hope the developers will see at least one of them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Thedemon
bluecoin
ninjacoy
beenhead
fakemod

#7 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Yeah, more people know the method also, but not everybody uses it everywhere. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I'm surprised that the original founder isn't in the list...
Anyway, I think that Chris was really pro while coding this like making it crash browsers. :O

#8 Before February 2015

kekko

jojatekok, do you have the name of the user who first discovered the flaw? I just encountered this bug yesterday (May 7, 2012).
Also, I should've written a better title for this thread, the browser becomes unresponsive, it doesn't actually crash... at least on my machine. Killing the process plugin-container.exe on Windows usually makes it responsive again.

#9 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

kekko wrote:

gamingguy, do you have the name of the user who first discovered the flaw?

Yes I do. Atilla is the founder of the bug. May I add that he is not the one who spread it?

#10 Before February 2015

kekko

GamingGuy wrote:
kekko wrote:

gamingguy, do you have the name of the user who first discovered the flaw?

Yes I do. Atilla is the founder of the bug. May I add that he is not the one who spread it?

Thank you. I think they already solved the problem... I wish I knew how it worked... you know, for science!

#11 Before February 2015

Zakleo

What about HappyTimes? You forgot him.

kekko1423695891265541

Board footer