Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Apparently, we're not allowed to criticize anything here.

Do you know how annoying it is to receive a -rep for the reason (something along the lines of) "you didn't have to be mean about my idea". Okay, man, I wasn't being mean. That's what we call criticizing. You see, I'm trying to help make your idea better, because I think it has some flaws that could be fixed. But no, you get angry because not everyone completely agrees with the idea that you most likely didn't think out that much, oh noes!

Perhaps, in the future, people will actually understand that not everyone will agree with them 100% all of the time. Just because I don't like your idea doesn't mean I'm "being mean to you". That's no reason to -rep anyone for "being so harsh about it". I understand if someone's totally flaming you and everything, but I don't think I ever did anything bad to you, other than attempt to make your idea better. Also, the next time I see someone give anyone a -rep for correcting their spelling, I swear I'm going to kill myself.

I'd also like to reference a couple of sub-rules to support my argument.

The Supreme List of Rules-Alex wrote:

2. No flaming
'B. This does not count negativity, if someone is stupid you don't have to ignore it.'
3. No spamming.
'G. Please try your best to use proper spelling and grammar, you won't be banned, but you may become a general nuisance to the community.'

Correct spelling is recommended in the rules. HMM.

I'd like to thank all of you who have already +rep'd me to offset some of this random s*** that goes on.

inb4 'begging for rep'
if you can find one part of this that even slightly alludes to the fact that I'm begging for rep, you are a genius.

kthxbai
-- JadElClemens

Last edited by JadElClemens (Mar 20 2011 2:02:19 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

NikK

Re: Apparently, we're not allowed to criticize anything here.

Yea, it's annoying. Some people don't seem to understand criticism. But why do you care 'bout rep? I find annoying people getting angry with you, but if they -rep me, good for them, they just wasted their time clicking and writing a ilogical reason. Congratz!

Anyway, nice post and thread. +rep to you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#3 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

It's not that I care, it's just that I had 20+ and 13- (at the time of writing), and 11 of them were for bad reasons (trolled + ones listed above). Also, to a truly experienced forumer (while it can be skewed), rep is the most accurate measure of trustworthy-ness (for lack of a better word), since you won't be going through every post they made, seeing if they make good posts, and post count means nothing to people who truly know how to spot a good forum member.

Also, Alex. "begging for rep." freaking hilarious.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Mar 20 2011 2:20:00 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 Before February 2015

NikK

Yea, but see Chewy, for example. A mod. A forum mod. Rep? -300 (or maybe even less).

But you've got a point, cuz when I just entered the forums I thought Chewy was that kind of people like Linus21. Then one day I found him on some tinychat and I asked him why did he want the -rep. He told me to show people rep means nothing. Just then I realized that he wasn't any spammer or anything.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I got -repped twice because I banned 2 roommates because sharing a computer were +repping each other. I didn't know they were roommates, but I saw 2 users on an IP who were getting a lot of +rep from each other.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

^yeah, I red that somewhere.

@NikK

Chewy asks for -rep. I didn't necessarily say rep means anything, but it's the quickest, most accurate way to tell if they're a good forum member or not.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I approve of this thread.

*approves*

#8 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

OH SNAP APPROVAL.

*sniff*
I feel so.... approved!
*cries*

Last edited by JadElClemens (Mar 20 2011 2:35:07 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#9 Before February 2015

NikK

@Different Can't you remove it? It's kinda trolled rep, isn't it?

@Jad Yea, that's what I said you had a point there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

@RPG & Jad Lol.

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I suppose they kinda had a reason to (albeit a bad reason). I guess you can attempt to have it removed, but people see it as abusing his power if he magically removes the only -rep he has.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I'd like to address the fact that people always think I'm telling them to -rep me. I'm not. I'm reminding you to.

And like Nikk said, I always say rep means nothing. If someone is going to judge me because I have -(insert number here) rep well then you're judging a book by its cover and that is wrong. I see to be loved by 90% of the community.

#12 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Yes, but you're possibly the only person here that 'reminds' people to -rep you. The more experienced members here (notice I didn't say most) will look at your rep before your post count, which is (sadly), the #1 cause for people to judge you (to the noobs, anyhow, which makes up 80% of the community). Rep may mean nothing to you and some of the more experienced members, but it's still one of the most accepted ways to do things.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#13 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

More experienced members wouldn't judge based on rep. In fact more experienced members would already know that person.

#14 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

-.-

Okay, I don't mean more experienced as being extremely experienced, I mean more experienced as in been here for a couple months, and they know that post count means nothing.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#15 Before February 2015

Alex

JadElClemens wrote:

Also, Alex. "begging for rep." freaking hilarious.

i trol u
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

This thread is pretty accurate, though.

#16 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

In what ways, I might ask?

Well, I do ask. I just did ask.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1423700833260599

Board footer