Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

How much cursing can I get away with?

The forum is supposed to be PG, because there's 9 and 10-year-olds on here. This I know.

But what about a string of PG swear words (damn, hell) in a concentrated form? What about Taking The Lord's Name In Vain? (I guess it won't offend atheists, at least) What about creative new swear words like "buttwaffles?"

I'm planning a new GIF, but I'm running out of appropriate dialog without resorting to swear words. I'm desperate enough that I'm considering the phrase, "Oh, sweet fancy Moses!!"

Last edited by jakery (Mar 29 2011 8:08:07 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: How much cursing can I get away with?

I dunno if your aware, but using the lords name in vain isint saying " Oh My God " Its saying something like " I swear in the name of god i will kill you " kinda thing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I create creative new swear words every day.
Warning: Might be offended.
**** [second favorite]
**** [I don't use this at all, anymore]
____****
Hoebag [Favorite]

^^^ Read at your own risk.
Personally, I believe in free speech on the interwebs.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

buttwaffles, bootysnatch, 'lil fart, and the like are all ok.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

In Dutch I say vla, like
36.jpg

#6 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Wow zoey, just... wow https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#7 Before February 2015

Koto

lol.   ^^ That was my favorite, Zoey.   I might just use this in real-life.

#8 Before February 2015

Chimi

Kaosslasher wrote:

I dunno if your aware, but using the lords name in vain isint saying " Oh My God " Its saying something like " I swear in the name of god i will kill you " kinda thing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If you are a Christian, then saying 'Oh My God' is in fact considered taking the Lord's name in vain.

#9 Before February 2015

jakery

Chimi wrote:

If you are a Christian, then saying 'Oh My God' is in fact considered taking the Lord's name in vain.

Yes. I was raised Christian but am closer to atheist or agnostic now. In Christianity it's a sin to use "Jesus," "Christ," or "God" as an interjection. But my guy is going to be shouting a lot of interjections out of frustration/fear, and I don't want him repeating himself.

#10 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Typically it's not ok to use more than 2 swears if you can help it. You don't see pg movies constatntly shouting "hell" every 5 minutes.

#11 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Chimi wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

what about saying: Oh my god, i pray to you blah blah blah blah.

you dont start a prayer off with " i swear in the name of god i will deny you blah blah "

it even says in the bible, that someone said something like that and jesus said: why do you use the lords name in vain?

anyway, you can use A swear or 2, just dont over do it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#12 Before February 2015

Jamd

Soz For ot but rofl at jakery's sig, BWAHAHHA

#13 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Just use a non-bad word and make it bad like Vla, Bunny, etc.

#14 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Zoey, I lol'd...

#15 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Shut the front door,
buttmunch,
noob
n00b
n008
nooblet
n00blet
n008let
n00813
noobie
etc.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#16 Before February 2015

Chimi

Kaosslasher wrote:
Chimi wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

you dont start a prayer off with " i swear in the name of god i will deny you blah blah "

it even says in the bible, that someone said something like that and jesus said: why do you use the lords name in vain?

is saying 'Oh my God, I pray to you blah blah blah blah...' taking His name in vain? Lol, no.

#17 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Chimi wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:
Chimi wrote:

is saying 'Oh my God, I pray to you blah blah blah blah...' taking His name in vain? Lol, no.

Context
the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect.

You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.

jakery 1423701132260300

Board footer