Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

How to permanently un-flip the forums

Today the forum is rotated because of an extra bit of CSS, courtesy of Cyclone.

/* Happy April fool's day!! - Cyclone */ body { -webkit-transform:rotate(180deg); -moz-transform:rotate(180deg); -o-transform:rotate(180deg); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=2); }

I'm a web developer, so I don't have to take this crap. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Disclaimer: I provide no warranties. Use at your own risk. If you're uncomfortable with this, just do a headstand until tomorrow.

1) If you have Firefox, install the Greasemonkey plug-in. (If you don't have Firefox, see edits below)

1.5) Restart Firefox to finish the install.

2) In the menu bar, go to Tools->Greasemonkey->New User Script...

3) Parameters:
Name: (anything you want)
Namespage: (anything you want)
Description: (anything you want)
Includes: http://eeforumify.com/*
Excludes: (leave blank)

4) If you're asked to pick a favorite text editor, just put c:\windows\notepad.exe in the file field and click "OK" or "Open" or whatever the button says.

5)In notepad, underneath the stuff that's already there, paste this text:
(DON'T copy the line that says "Code:")

function addGlobalStyle(css) {     var head, style;     head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];     if (!head) { return; }     style = document.createElement('style');     style.type = 'text/css';     style.innerHTML = css;     head.appendChild(style); }  addGlobalStyle('body { -webkit-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; -moz-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; -o-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=0) !important;}');

6) Save the file.

7) Reload the EE forum.

If all goes well, you'll be permanently unflipped, like me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Credits:
In a different thread I said I didn't feel like writing a Greasemonkey script... and I didn't. I found and slightly modified a script from here:
http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/patterns/add-css.html

doh, for the cross-browser support.

--------------------------------------------------

Edit:

doh mentioned that this worked only in Firefox. Good point. I put the other reverse-flips into my script.

Chrome users: See doh's post. I've tried it, it works, and it's much simpler than the Firefox solution.

Opera Users (Different55): this one's for you: http://my.opera.com/Contrid/blog/2007/0 … y-in-opera

Safari Users: You're on your own.

IE Users: I pity you.

Here's my version of the full script (but don't copy/paste the "Code:" line or it won't work!)

// ==UserScript== // @name           Un-Flip // @namespace      derp // @description    Undo the April Fools trick on the EE forums // @include        http://eeforumify.com/* // ==/UserScript==  function addGlobalStyle(css) {     var head, style;     head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];     if (!head) { return; }     style = document.createElement('style');     style.type = 'text/css';     style.innerHTML = css;     head.appendChild(style); }  addGlobalStyle('body { -webkit-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; -moz-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; -o-transform:rotate(0deg) !important; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=0) !important;}');

Last edited by jakery (Apr 1 2011 11:58:23 am)

#2 Before February 2015

capasha

Re: How to permanently un-flip the forums

That works only for firefox. I don't know how the site looks in chrome.
I'm not so good at GM, this is how i fixed it.

Btw, I'm not a web developer.

// ==UserScript== // @name           derp // @namespace      derp // @description    derp // @include        http://eeforumify.com/* // ==/UserScript== GM_addStyle("body { -webkit-transform:rotate(0deg); -moz-transform:rotate(0deg); -o-transform:rotate(0deg); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=0);  }")

Last edited by doh (Apr 1 2011 8:47:06 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Nice guide, you deserve a +rep from me. Here is the script itself for people who need it: http://www.mediafire.com/?2smlcl2z115mjgb

#4 Before February 2015

jakery

doh wrote:

That works only for firefox. I don't know how the site looks in chrome.
I'm not so good at GM, this is how i fixed it.

// ==UserScript== // @name           derp // @namespace      derp // @description    derp // @include        http://eeforumify.com/* // ==/UserScript== GM_addStyle("body { -webkit-transform:rotate(0deg); -moz-transform:rotate(0deg); -o-transform:rotate(0deg); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=0);  }")

Yep. I only bothered writing it for Firefox because I don't know anything about Greasemonkey equivalents for other browsers. Is the GM_addStyle permanent or do you have to redo it on every page load?

#5 Before February 2015

capasha

jakery wrote:

Yep. I only bothered writing it for Firefox because I don't know anything about Greasemonkey equivalents for other browsers. Is the GM_addStyle permanent or do you have to redo it on every page load?

It should be permanent.

Btw, Chrome have GM builded inside the Browser. But i don't remember how to load it.
I think it was script.js, then load it or something.

Edit: I don't know if !important is needed or not. I remember that i used it for stylish to override a value.

Last edited by doh (Apr 1 2011 9:05:16 am)

#6 Before February 2015

jakery

doh wrote:
jakery wrote:

It should be permanent.

Btw, Chrome have GM builded inside the Browser. But i don't remember how to load it.
I think it was script.js, then load it or something.

Edit: I don't know if !important is needed or not. I remember that i used it for stylish to override a value.

I found a link for enabling Greasemonkey in Chrome but it requires the user to not be afraid of the Windows filesystem. Adding the link to the original post.

Edit (re: "!important"): It's not necessary here (because the script places our new CSS below Cyclone's css), but I always use !important when overriding CSS, just in case.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 1 2011 9:18:10 am)

#7 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

I pre   fer this type of forum...     
is sobeautiful...

#8 Before February 2015

capasha

Ok, this is for chrome.

Copy the text, but not "Code".
Create a document named noflip.user.js. Paste the text inside the document, and save.
Drag the file and drop into Chrome. Install it and press F5 in ee.forumify.

// ==UserScript== // @match        http://eeforumify.com/* // ==/UserScript==  function addGlobalStyle(css) {     var head, style;     head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];     if (!head) { return; }     style = document.createElement('style');     style.type = 'text/css';     style.innerHTML = css;     head.appendChild(style); }  addGlobalStyle('body { -webkit-transform:rotate(0deg) !important}');

Last edited by doh (Apr 1 2011 9:30:47 am)

#9 Before February 2015

jakery

Lopoi2 wrote:

I pre   fer this type of forum...     
is sobeautiful...

Lol, if you want to keep it this way after April 1st, just change all those zeroes to 180s...
*(except for the "filter" one on the end... because IE just has to be different. Change that zero to a 2)
------------------------------
Edit: Actually... that would make a great April Fools prank. Here's a script that will turn the entire Internet upside down. I tested it. It works. And it mysteriously happens only on every April 1st... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

// ==UserScript== // @name           FLIP // @namespace      derp // @description    The entire Internet is upside down, I must say... // @include        * // ==/UserScript==  function addGlobalStyle(css) {  	var d = new Date(); 	var month = d.getMonth() + 1; 	var date = d.getDate();  	if (month == 4 && date == 1) { 	 		var head, style; 		head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; 		if (!head) { return; } 		style = document.createElement('style'); 		style.type = 'text/css'; 		style.innerHTML = css; 		head.appendChild(style); 	} }  addGlobalStyle('body { -webkit-transform:rotate(180deg) !important; -moz-transform:rotate(180deg) !important; -o-transform:rotate(180deg) !important; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=2) !important;}');

Last edited by jakery (Apr 1 2011 9:45:31 am)

#10 Before February 2015

capasha

jakery they don't need to use the filesystem for Chrome. Just use the guide i did.
The fast and easiest way too. I tested it and it works, but it reload the script every time. And don't set the style one time.

Last edited by doh (Apr 1 2011 9:44:32 am)

#11 Before February 2015

jakery

doh wrote:

jakery they don't need to use the filesystem for Chrome. Just use the guide i did.
The fast and easiest way too. I tested it and it works, but it reload the script every time. And don't set the style one time.

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood (I'm doing three things at once). I linked to your post in the original.

#12 Before February 2015

rdococ

I unflipped it! Thank you so much.
EDIT: A plus rep for you!

Last edited by rdococ (Apr 1 2011 9:55:17 am)

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Hey, now. I saw chimi using Opera in a screenie earlier today.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#14 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Thank you! :U

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Works on opera. Now I can run any greasemonkey script on Opera! Just one more thing to prove opera is better. And now that I can mod easily again I can un-psycho myself.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#16 Before February 2015

capasha

If you have Chrome or Firefox. Open the link and press install.
If you have Opera, you need to install it another way i think.

Firefox and Chrome: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4d964 … ip.user.js

Last edited by doh (Apr 1 2011 3:43:47 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Thanks, THANKS AND TTTTHHHHAAANNNKKKSSS!!

#18 Before February 2015

jakery

Now that April 1 is over, I'm disabling my un-flip script. You can do the same.

jakery 1423701223260209

Board footer