Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

A discussion of The Green Troll's recent 2-day ban

It appears that TGT got banned for quoting Zoey2070's original post, even though there is no written rule about this.

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=99195#p99195

To prevent derailing Zoey2070's topic any further, I recommend that discussion about The Green Troll's ban in that thread be continued here.

#2 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

Re: A discussion of The Green Troll's recent 2-day ban

this ban was totaly un acceptabe!!! so y rugiok y!!!!

Last edited by The Red Troll (Apr 20 2011 12:58:04 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

jakery

The Red Troll wrote:

this ban was totaly un acceptabe!!! so 2 rugiok f u!!!

You don't have to insult the mods. It's not an easy job.

But I do agree that out of context, a 2 day ban doesn't sound right.

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

It is extremely annoying to quote a long post like that, but a ban seems unnecessary. I suggest just adding something like this to the rules. The Red Troll is going about this wrong. We just need a simple rule revision, TGT to be unbanned, and some clarification.

#5 Before February 2015

treejoe4

TGT is hillarious he doesnt deserve this

#6 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

look, im not offending them, im just saying to letters, what harm can 2 letters do? i mean only 2 letters

#7 Before February 2015

jakery

The Red Troll wrote:

look, im not offending them, im just saying to letters, what harm can 2 letters do? i mean only 2 letters

It's still rude and disrespectful, and you know it.

And, if you're trying to get someone unbanned, insulting the mods is the worst thing to do.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 20 2011 11:34:13 am)

#8 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

yes but im expressing my true opinion it really what i think so soon this is gunna end up as another topic so lets forget it a little bit and i will edit the post

#9 Before February 2015

BillyP

I guess it could come under breaking the 'No spamming' rule, though not officially. A change in the rules or at least an additional sub-rule could be needed to prevent further confusion/anger.

#10 Before February 2015

Calicara

In my opinion, all he did was quote the post. This is no reason to ban him, and he should be un-banned. Even though Zoey didn't want anyone to quote it, she does not make the rules and so Green Troll had all the right to quote it.

#11 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Because it's the first post, when you reply to a topic, it's pointless to quote the first post and it was already insanely annoying in the bbcode topic and you would think people learned their lesson then. Plus, he did it just to troll.

Also, rules:

Clauses: The staff reserves the right to remove content, warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason. These rules are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to remove content at our discretion, and are not liable for any user-submitted content.
warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason.

for any or no reason

Thanks for making a discussion topic instead of getting way off topic in my guide, though.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#12 Before February 2015

jakery

Zoey2070 wrote:

Clauses: The staff reserves the right to remove content, warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason.

Yes, this is true. Most organizations reserve the right to enforce unwritten rules.

...but when enough people protest on the grounds that a rule doesn't exist, usually it means we need to do something to fix the situation.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 20 2011 2:01:38 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i say we let tgt off with a warning for now. not actually giving him a warning and possibly a ban, but just warn him. i have been banned for something not in the rules before. i got a one week ban for this.

chewy wrote:

falsely accusing another member of a serious crime

we just need to add more rules when something starts being broken and it isnt a rule. the new rule should be no quoting long posts. as for my case, that was a terrible ban anyways. go hereto see what i did. we just need to make more rules. problem solved.

#14 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I've decided to lift his ban.   But, you must look at this from my point of view.   I see a forum member, TGT (who obviously is smart enough to know doing that sort of thing is frowned upon), who blatantly disrespects directions at the very top of the topic, which are impossible to miss. We went through this quoting-long-topics discussion a while back, and that obviously did not tell people DON'T DO IT.

So: all in all: DON'T QUOTE A LONG POST, especially one that says DO NOT QUOTE.

#15 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

hmm. ok jakery. next time i get a ban you make a topic like this for me and get my ban lifted. lol. but seriously. add no quoting long posts to the list of rules.

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Yeah, it's just common sense. He KNEW that the post was long, and he KNEW he was posting it.

I think Rurigok made the right decision to ban him.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#17 Before February 2015

Twipply

TakoMan02 wrote:

Yeah, it's just common sense. He KNEW that the post was long, and he KNEW he was posting it.

Did you ever wonder if common sense for some people isn't so common for others?

Zoey2070 wrote:

Also, rules:

Clauses: The staff reserves the right to remove content, warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason. These rules are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to remove content at our discretion, and are not liable for any user-submitted content.

Personally, I'd call that a stupid rule.

Last edited by Twipply (Apr 20 2011 5:11:23 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

-.-

There's no reason to quote the original post. Unless you're quoting another post, it's understood that you're replying to
A: The original post. Most common, most obvious.
B: The person above you. Common, obvious
C: The person who adressed you. Understandable, sometimes semi-obscure.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#19 Before February 2015

jakery

Rurigok wrote:

I've decided to lift his ban.   But, you must look at this from my point of view.   I see a forum member, TGT (who obviously is smart enough to know doing that sort of thing is frowned upon), who blatantly disrespects directions at the very top of the topic, which are impossible to miss. We went through this quoting-long-topics discussion a while back, and that obviously did not tell people DON'T DO IT.

So: all in all: DON'T QUOTE A LONG POST, especially one that says DO NOT QUOTE.

I have three "thank yous" for you:

1) Thanks for explaining your reasons, which make sense; I saw this out of context and wondered if there was more to this.

2) Thanks for hearing us out.

3) Thanks for cleaning up Zoey2070's thread.

#20 Before February 2015

Chimi

Well, Your We--

...Ya thanks...

#21 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

finnaly rugiok, u decided 2 listen, and thx 4 the unban but theres and old post here:

Zoey2070 wrote:

Because it's the first post, when you reply to a topic, it's pointless to quote the first post and it was already insanely annoying in the bbcode topic and you would think people learned their lesson then.

Also, rules:

Clauses: The staff reserves the right to remove content, warn and ban users at any time for any or no reason.

ok i cut this down but i think ur saying that so u look inocent 4 writting "dont quote this post or i will kill u" so u cant be blamed as much in this topic

#22 Before February 2015

rdococ

Twipply wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Zoey2070 wrote:

Also, rules:

Personally, I'd call that a stupid rule.

Yes. Staff wouldn't *EVER ban for *NO REASON.

*CAPS is the areas that show I'm a little angry.

#23 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

That rule is simply because a mod/admin might catch someone doing something that isn't in the rules but is still bad.

#24 Before February 2015

BEE

Ruri is correct in this case though, TGT is not an idiot, he should know better. Two days may be a bit much imo.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#25 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Two days isn't anything considering how much TGT goes online.

jakery 1423701668259764

Board footer