Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

Guide: Being a good forumer.

Hi there!

This is a small guide on how to become a good forumer!

First of all, read Le rules if you're just starting on this forum.
One of the most important things I've seen happening in this forum is this: "LOL", "I don't like that", "Nice idea!", etc.
Try to think about your post before spamming the forums with random stuff. For example, if you don't like an idea, don't just write: "I don't like this" because that isn't going to help anyone is it? Try to explain yourself and say why you feel the way you are, so in the near future, people might improve the suggestion, idea, art, etc.

Another important thing I've been seeing on this forum is lack of punctuation and grammar. Please, for the love of god, don't post the following sentence, or anything like it: " no i dont like tis idea cuz itsstupid and dont work right in te game" Now that, is just a bunch of red underlined nonsence. Just please reread and check over all of your posts so that people can actually understand your writing. Even though your post is clearly thought out, it might still be annoying for people to read your posts. Think about a book. Would you like to read a 500 page book with no grammar or punctuation in it? I'm like 99.999% sure that it would take much longer to read the book than if it had grammar and punctuation in it.

Lastly, please don't spam to get your post count high. If you need to say something to add to your post, just click the edit button and write what you need to say. Gravedigging. Don't do it. If a thread hasn't been touched for a bizillion years, don't touch it... Even if it hasn't been touched in a month or 2, don't bother replying. I would also avoid short forum games that involve:

"Cat"
"Dog"
"Truck"
"Aseihgoewhgwoirghwopigenblkrjrs"

I suggest you don't post too much in these games as they don't help anyone and are not very useful.
Also, if you don't have anything useful or productive to say, don't say it. Don't forget to respond to your topics if you have a reply. Especially if it's a question and someone answers it remember to say thank you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Manners count too. DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS! Don't. No seriously, don't. It's annoying and will probably result in a warning. We can all hear you, you don't have to shout //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

So that's my guide to becoming a good forumer.

If you feel that I missed something, just post below and I would be glad to add it. If you would like to see the rating of your posts' qualities, go to this This awesome forum member rating service by JadElClemens Sign up there. It might take a bit for your rank to come up, but it's worth waiting in my opinion.

I hope you liked this!

Last edited by bigfatsnoozy (May 27 2011 9:20:02 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: Guide: Being a good forumer.

To sum up everything he said: don't spam and use grammar.

The Red Troll is the worst about grammar. I don't even bother trying to decode his sentences anymore.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#3 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

TakoMan02 wrote:

To sum up everything he said: don't spam and use grammar.

The Red Troll is the worst about grammar. I don't even bother trying to decode his sentences anymore.

Umm.. Lol I didn't understand that correctly the first time. I thought it was don't spam and don't use grammar. I was like what? Then I figured out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.
And yes I agree, I've seen TRT use no grammar at all in his sentences. That's why I made this guide. To help people like him.

Last edited by bigfatsnoozy (May 27 2011 7:05:47 am)

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I've been meaning to start a thread such as this one, but for my rating service (which is about being a good forumer anyhow). I suppose I'll just post it here.

HOW TO GET A MAX RATING IN JADELCLEMENS'S FORUM MEMBER RATING SERVICE:

General post rating (a): Write at least three sentences for each post you make. You don't want to provide too little information about the subject you're talking about, and writing more can help clear up the thread from becoming discussion over what you meant when you were writing that 3-word post of yours. To get a max rating here, make sure your posts are all thought out (think about them before you post them), and make sure what you're posting is relevant to the situation the topic presents to you.

Info presented (b): DO. NOT. SAY. "Awesome", and only that. What kind of information does "Awesome level!!1!one!" provide to anyone?. Say something like "Awesome level! I really liked how you incorporated [thing]/shaded [art], etc., but I think you could improve [thing] (or) I really don't think there's anything I could say that would improve this level, you did such a great job!". That'll get you a rating of 100. I'll rate you somewhere from a 60-80 for saying "Cool level". I'll rate you from 85-91 for "Cool level, but I don't like the art here". You'll get a 100 EVERY. TIME. if you make a post saying what you thought of the level, what you think was good/could be improved, and what you'd do to fix it IN DETAIL. This formula works for levels, suggestions, and all that jazz.

Spelling/Grammar mistakes (c): This one's simple: Spell things right, capitalize proper nouns and "I", punctuate sentences right, etc. If you can't do this on your own, make good use of the auto-included spell checkers on.... pretty much any browser but IE, which you shouldn't be using anyway.

Forum games played (d): I can understand you wanting to have a bit of fun, but there doesn't need to be more than 2 forum games I picked. This gives you the leeway to play about 5 forum games for every 75 topics you post in, unless you're unlucky. If the forum game you play isn't something simple like "DO THIS TO THE POSTER ABOVE OLOL", and it's a forum game that requires actual thinking (which is rarely come across), I won't even count it as a forum game.

Net rep (e): Be generally nice and helpful. Don't confine yourself to just posting in topics, make topics of your own to help others and the sort. Don't make useless topics, though. People will probably +rep you for this. DO NOT flame. It's alright to get mean a bit, or to be agressive with someone who's attacking you/arguing with you,   but don't cuss them out and don't flame. This'll get you -rep

Total rep (f): Same as above, but try to have as little -reps as possible. For every 1 -rep, there's a 2 rep difference between your net rep and total rep (1 +rep, 1 -rep shows up as 0 net rep, but 2 total rep. 22 +rep and 4 -rep shows up as 18 net rep but 26 total rep, an 8 point difference. 4*2=8)

Post count (g): Post in any thread you find interesting. That's not to say you should post in it for the sake of posting, but post an intelligent post in it if you want your post count to be higher without having to spam, which will eventually get you banned.

Last edited by JadElClemens (May 27 2011 3:34:58 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

Chimi

You spelled his name wrong. No T.

This is a fairly good guide, though it could use some more content.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Eh. It's better than Tako purposefully spelling it 'JadElClemmens'.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Chimi

You're probably the person who has this problem the most, Jad.

#8 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

Chimi wrote:

Haha thanks Chimi! I fixed it.

Chimi wrote:

Though it could use some more content

Like?

JadElClemens wrote:

Spelling/Grammar mistakes (c): This one's simple: Smell things right, capitalize proper nouns and "I", punctuate sentences right, etc. If you can't do this on your own, make good use of the auto-included spell checkers on.... pretty much any browser but IE, which you shouldn't be using anyway.

Is it supposed to be: "Smell things right"

Or is that a joke?

Last edited by bigfatsnoozy (May 27 2011 9:14:55 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

bigfatsnoozy wrote:
Chimi wrote:

Haha thanks Chewy! I fixed it.

Chimi said it, not Chewy. I lul'd.

More content as in:

If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say it at all.
Respond to your topics (esp. if it's a question).
Don't post topics in all-caps.

Etc, etc.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#10 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

TakoMan02 wrote:
bigfatsnoozy wrote:
Chimi wrote:

Haha thanks Chewy! I fixed it.

Chimi said it, not Chewy. I lul'd.

More content as in:

If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say it at all.
Respond to your topics (esp. if it's a question).
Don't post topics in all-caps.

Etc, etc.

Lol what was racing through my mind when I typed that?

And thanks TakoMan02, I'll be adding it in a little bit.

bigfatsnoozy 1423702644258788

Board footer