Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

A like button?

I think the forums should have a "Like" Button and a "Dis-like" Button
Feedback?

#2 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Re: A like button?

I'm iffy about it. It would be good to see what people think about topics but would be abused by noobs.

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

Moved to forum discussion

#4 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Chewy wrote:

I'm iffy about it. It would be good to see what people think about topics but would be abused by noobs.

Noobs can do alot else then that to spam... :/

#5 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

Like maybe a rep system like each person has, but just for topics. You could have an option of disabling the rep system for a topic.
You have to have a reason for it though. So if a noob -reps a topic they have to have a good reason. If it isn't a good reason, moderators and admins can delete them. But that might be too much work for the mods/admins.

Just an idea though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

jakery

I've seen this voting scheme have great success on the SomethingAwful.com forums. Lots of "thumbs up" votes on OP's post and the topic is highlighted as a featured topic. Lots of "thumbs down" votes on OP's post and the topic is automatically locked and sent to the Topic Graveyard.

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I approve this idea.

And spammers? The solution's easy. Like the rep system, you need to give your reason.

If you don't provide a reason, or the reason is a bad one, mods can take the vote away.

We can build off this, too. Like if every single time you make a topic everybody hates it, it can automatically ban you from making topics. We could rate comments, too. If all of your comments are hated, it would be an automatic ban once the mod checks it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#8 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I don't like it. First of all, this isn't facebook. Second of all, we have reputations, and if you make a good post, you can +rep them accordingly. If you click on the rep that you got it will show the exact post. Un-needed.

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And suggested before.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

Where? link me to it

#11 Before February 2015

Rurigok

It's been suggested before, trust me.   Try doing a search.

kingjamstar1423702655258777

Board footer