Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

new/read topic/post tracking of FluxBB

I checked the subjects of all threads on the first page of this board and didn't see something similar to a question I have, so I'm creating this thread about it.

It's about these blue checks in front of some threads:
http://s2.postimage.org/szw11ilha/blue_checks.png (mirror)

It's not clear what they mean. According to this page, FluxBB has "Read topic tracking". However, from what I have seen it's more of a "New topic tracking". If I read nothing and come back later, some threads I've never read no longer have blue checks in front of them. (But not if I simply reload or revisit the forum too quickly...)

Anyways, it would be nice if this forum had read topic tracking. Or something similar, like read post tracking. I'm also regularly visiting phpBB and YaBB forums, and these do actually track what posts I've read (seen), which makes things a lot easier...

Any moderators/administrators around who know what settings this FluxBB version at Forumify has when it comes to this stuff? Do you all like the way it currently works? Maybe I'm missing something and it's currently not as useless as I think it is?

Last edited by nlmdejonge (Jun 16 2011 4:16:00 pm)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#2 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Re: new/read topic/post tracking of FluxBB

Those checks mean 'new posts since your last visit'.   As far as I am aware, there is no setting to change this.

#3 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Re: new/read topic/post tracking of FluxBB

Rurigok wrote:

As far as I am aware, there is no setting to change this.

Okay. That's kind of unfortunate. Anyways, thanks for your quick reply.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

nlmdejonge1423703394258038

Board footer