Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Wezza

Charities thread

This is the un-official official charities thread of Everybody Edits. I've listed some of the charities the member support and want US to support too.

People need your help, please subscribe/become member, or even donate a little to these charities:

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal. Until a cure is found, people with type 1 diabetes have to test their blood sugar and give themselves insulin injections multiple times or use a pump - each day, every day of their lives. And even with that intensive care, insulin is not a cure for diabetes, nor does it prevent its potential complications, which may
include kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke, and amputation.

FreeRice is a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Programme. All the grains of rice earned by you will go to the hungry people.

Cleft means 'split' or 'separation'. During early pregnancy separate areas of the face develop individually and then join together. If some parts do not join properly the result is a cleft, the type and severity of which can vary. This charity helps people with this.

VillageReach aims to improve the systems that distribute medical supplies to rural areas in Africa, so that life-saving supplies get to those who need them. Its programs include both technical support staff and changes in logistical setups (such as moving from a system in which health clinics collect their own supplies to a centralized delivery system).

This charity helps rescued animals getting shelter. They rescued, after hurricane Katrina, 3,000 animals and got them a home.

They run projects in 124 countries around the world.
They run 518 SOS Children?s Villages (with 23 more currently under construction).
They run 383 SOS Youth Homes.
They care for more than 78,000 children and young people in their SOS Villages and SOS Youth Homes.
They provide over 100,000 children with an education in their SOS Nurseries, SOS Primary Schools and SOS Secondary Schools.
And last, but not least, they support more than 1 million vulnerable children and their family members through all of our Programmes, from those listed above to theire SOS Medical Centres to Family Strengthening Programmes.

Provide free cleft surgery to hundreds of thousands of poor children in developing countries.
Train doctors and medical professionals in over 75 countries.
Treat the ?whole child? with comprehensive, total rehabilitative care including: speech therapy, general dentistry and orthodontics.

The Foundation today is dedicated to the support of the Deaf and hearing impaired through research, prevention, education, early detection and technology.

Homeless Children?s Network (HCN) strives to break the cycle of homelessness by providing relevant, effective mental health and family support services to homeless children and their families   from around the world that find themselves in Northern California, empowering them to overcome the limitations of their circumstances and strive for a healthy, productive future.

hey attempt to lead a prayerful, monastic life and to be one of the many presences in the world affirming the value of compassion for all. They have responded as they could to the individual needs of the suffering and the struggling, particularly children. Since 1986 they have felt a specific calling to respond to children impacted by the AIDS pandemic - in this country and abroad.

Do you want your charity here? Or do you miss one here? Please let me know and I'll post it in here too.
You might want to fill this out (not necessary, just a link is enough)

Name of the charity:
Link to their main website:
What do they do:

Thanks for your kindness, do something for the people.
"Wanna make the world a better place? start with yourself."

Last edited by Wezza (Jun 17 2011 11:32:04 am)

#2 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: Charities thread

http://www.jdrf.org/

My disease, diabetes.

#3 Before February 2015

Chimi

freerice.com

Help the hungry without spending your money.

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

http://www.clapa.com/

That's me! Only... I've had about 20 surgeries and you can't hardly see the scar.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks for your charaties, I'm gonna donate some real money to those.

#6 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Chris's wallet. Buy Diamonds. http://everybodyedits.com/

Last edited by Supadorf24 (May 26 2011 5:55:11 am)

#7 Before February 2015

Wezza

Mind if I dont add that? this is something serious, not something to joke about.

#8 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

wezza wrote:

Thanks for your charaties, I'm gonna donate some real money to those.

Thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Oh and you have a few typos first post.

Bette- should be better?

whit- with

#9 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks D. (:

I'm asking the headmaster of my college if i may post some of this charities in our college newspaper, and maybe even the website.

#10 Before February 2015

simpleguest

I'm asking the headmaster of my college if i may post some of this charities in our college newspaper, and maybe even the website.

this charities, thesecharities?

#11 Before February 2015

Wezza

please dont correct me on every simple mistake I make, I have dyslexia and I'm not English (:

#12 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

VillageReach. Africa ftw.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#13 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks Tako for the new charitie.

Tomorrow I'm gonna donate $10.- to the charities that I missed. On monday my headmaster will tell me if i may post charities on the website/newspaper.

#14 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Animal Rescue Donation:
http://www.muttshack.org/donate.htm

Hey, even animals needs our help.

I donate here every month.

Last edited by Jeremy (May 28 2011 6:52:18 am)

#15 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

#16 Before February 2015

Chimi

look up Smile Train.

#17 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks Jeremy, Pawlowic and Chimi for these new charities.

#18 Before February 2015

Muffin

We need some sort of charity for Japan, dunno any though. Someone who plays ee must've lived in Japan! VNrAE.png

Last edited by Muffin (May 29 2011 7:58:39 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Poor D-Rock. I never knew he had die bee tees.

EDIT: Please support the Deafness Foundation Yn8I7.png

Oh nu, you discovered mah secret D:

Last edited by Jeremifier (May 31 2011 6:34:17 am)

#20 Before February 2015

Wezza

Added Jeremifiers foundation, thanks for the charity.
Muffin I do want that to come here, but if you find me a link i'll put it on the list.

#21 Before February 2015

Deadlord

http://www.hcnkids.org/home.html <3
Support homeless children,my country has a lot of them after our war.

#22 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks for the charity Deadlord.

Going to donate $5,- to the bottom 5 tomorrow.

#23 Before February 2015

LightShadow

Here's one that my family has supported for 20 years.

http://www.starcross.org/index.html

They're a monastic group that helps children around the world who are infected with AIDS and HIV.

#24 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks for your charity LightShadow, I've added it to the list.

#25 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

I also support and recommend Free Rice. I've spent hours on that site answering the same French questions repeatedly. (They have a fairly small number of level 10 questions). According to that site, I've donated at least 20 thousand grains of rice, which I believe is a good number.

It's also a great site to learn from.

Great thread, Wezza. Charities help make the world go round even amidst all the greed in the world.

EDIT: Here is my profile with logged play time. I've done a ton without being logged in (either logging in didn't exist or   I didn't know about it). http://freerice.com/users/zalgryth

Last edited by Zalgryth (Jun 12 2011 2:25:42 am)

Wezza 1423703612257820

Board footer