Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

this

Please don't quote someone and say only the word "this".

It's technically spam, because you're not contributing in any way.

If you agree with someone, either quietly congratulate yourself in the corner or extend on their point.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: this

TakoMan02 wrote:

If you agree with someone, either quietly congratulate yourself in the corner or extend on their point.

This.

Jk, I know what you mean.

TakoMan02 wrote:

You mean that I should extend the point if I want to do that. Like why would you have to go to a corner to congratulate yourself?

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:

But then no one knows your opinion. You should go sit in the corner and congratulate yourself for making this.

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

D-rock2308 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

But then no one knows your opinion. You should go sit in the corner and congratulate yourself for making this.

Hm... the only way to express your opinions is to say the word "this"? Lol. And I also used the word "or", which indicated multiple ways to do something.

It's incredible how someone that's been here for so long actually supports spam.

Last edited by Tako (Oct 6 2011 8:47:16 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

How would people know you agree on something then? Example:

OMGIMANOOB wrote:

I like cheeseburgers

Then you say

You wrote:
OMGIMANOOB wrote:

I like cheeseburgers

This

#6 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

At first I thought this was a negative thing, I was going to start using it but TakoMan02 says its spam

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#7 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Technically it's not spam because the post shows support for the quoted idea. Whether you want to say "this" or make your own reply is fine by me.

#8 Before February 2015

catking00

chewy is right but it is a way to spam to get more posts. to ur both right

#9 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

By that logic, any post is a way to spam to get more posts.

#10 Before February 2015

Panic

Hmmm, I clicked in here expecting the topic post to start with 'IS SPARTAAAAA'.

Anyway, yeah, it seems like it should be fine. Even quote trains containing nothing but the original text should be ok, since they are just saying that these people are repeating what the first guy said. The only thing I find annoying is when some guy quotes the topic post with nothing or quotes another guy with no reply in a way that makes absolutely no sense.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#11 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Chewy wrote:

Technically it's not spam because the post shows support for the quoted idea. Whether you want to say "this" or make your own reply is fine by me.

Threads like "who would make a good mod" or "favorite level" -- that's fine, because your opinion is valuable even if it is a replica. When nobody is asking you what you think, duplicate opinions are worthless. Presented in this manner make it spam.

Make sense now?

#12 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Hm... the only way to express your opinions is to say the word "this"? Lol. And I also used the word "or", which indicated multiple ways to do something.

It's incredible how someone that's been here for so long actually supports spam.

I was actually being sarcastic but it's hard to tell on the internet. I was telling you to congratulate you on your fight against spam, but over there in that corner, because that's where we are partyin' partyin' partyin' on FRIDAY.

To clear things up.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Oct 7 2011 4:25:04 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Gamer1120 wrote:

How would people know you agree on something then? Example:

OMGIMANOOB wrote:

I like cheeseburgers

Then you say

You wrote:
OMGIMANOOB wrote:

I like cheeseburgers

This

For this, couldnt you do

OMGIMANOOB wrote:

I like cheeseburgers

This, because I LOVE CHEESE(and hamburgers).

#14 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I agree, they aren't really contributing to the topic. Especially when all they do is quote it and not even reply.
See, look, I could have quoted the OP and have said this, which would have been ironic and really stupid.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

TakoMan02 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Threads like "who would make a good mod" or "favorite level" -- that's fine, because your opinion is valuable even if it is a replica. When nobody is asking you what you think, duplicate opinions are worthless. Presented in this manner make it spam.

Make sense now?

Well that's a harsh way to put it. No, I don't agree. This is a public forum and everyone can voice their own opinion at will.

#16 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Chewy wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Make sense now?

Well that's a harsh way to put it. No, I don't agree. This is a public forum and everyone can voice their own opinion at will.

this.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Chewy wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Make sense now?

Wow, another reason why I hate you, just throwing words in   there like your cool and he will listen to you. Learn what "derp Bag" Means before you use it.

#18 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

>_> <_< Did you have to report it? If any of the mods act up, talk to ruri. He's the overseer here.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Different55 wrote:

>_> <_< Did you have to report it? If any of the mods act up, talk to ruri. He's the overseer here.

Yes, yes I did, that's what I'm told to do if people flame.

#20 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

a. It wasn't flaming.
b. I edited it.
c. Please forgive me, king D-rock, for you are all knowing.

#21 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

That's fine -- he explained himself. The only thing that bothers me is when someone just says "I'm right because I'm right".

Continuing the discussion now.

Chewy wrote:

This is a public forum and everyone can voice their own opinion at will.

Okay then, how do you feel about the way it is presented? Is it better to actually compose a sentence?

Plus, with this logic, I can make a topic saying "I like dogs", and nothing more? Cool; I'll remember that.

To an extent, the way you present opinions can be classified as spam. Agree?

#22 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

D-rock2308 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Yes, yes I did, that's what I'm told to do if people flame.

But things are different for mods. If one wanted to, they could bury the evidence by zapping their report. Or a different mod (like me, maybe) might come along, zap it, look at the post, and hey, lookatdat I can't do anything. RURI GET IN HERE.

- ShinsukeIto

#23 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

TakoMan02 wrote:

That's fine -- he explained himself. The only thing that bothers me is when someone just says "I'm right because I'm right".

Continuing the discussion now.

Chewy wrote:

This is a public forum and everyone can voice their own opinion at will.

Okay then, how do you feel about the way it is presented? Is it better to actually compose a sentence?

Plus, with this logic, I can make a topic saying "I like dogs", and nothing more? Cool; I'll remember that.

To an extent, the way you present opinions can be classified as spam. Agree?

We are not talking about making topics, we are talking about replying. Sure it is less lazy to make a full reply but this, (quote) this, and this, (restate post in your own words), have the same effect.

#24 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Chewy wrote:

a. It wasn't flaming.

It sure seemed like it.

b. I edited it.

Apparently you thought it was flaming because you edited it and didn't want to get in trouble.

c. Please forgive me, king D-rock, for you are all knowing

Thanks for putting that in there, smart-alec.

#25 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Adjectives aren't flaming. I edited it because you were bothering me about it. You're welcome. Now how about you get back on topic?

Tako1423706689254743

Board footer