Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

gustav9797

GBot {Developing}

After I made the Codecracker I wanted to make a bot, and here it is:
UPDATE: The bot with an EE client at the side of it! No more playing in the browser!
latest.png

For demo join "GBot Demo" room. http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWlAD5rLY1bEI
Im adding commands and fixing bugs atm. When everything works fine ill (probably) release it.

NOTE: Yes I did take some code from EEArtist, but all bot stuff is by me! All credits for that to Zalgryth. His blog.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Jan 24 2012 2:50:10 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Jonesie

Re: GBot {Developing}

Nice bot.

If you want to release it, okay, nice topic.
But if you don't release it, why do you post this.
If you use it just for yourself, this is 1 minute wasted time for me.

#3 Before February 2015

gustav9797

I just need one way to get username from the userid from "say" packets received.
To have an admin list.

uzjIGfi.gif

#4 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

what does it do?

#5 Before February 2015

gustav9797

It does everything on the GUI(Except hackcode crap), making commands for doing it in-game atm.

uzjIGfi.gif

#6 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

Interesting.

#7 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Well basically you decompiled EEartist and then edited it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

EDIT: Plus the commands on there look very pointless. For example the room name changer. It is quicker to do it normally...

Last edited by MRBOOGAWESOME (Jan 19 2012 12:18:02 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

gustav9797

"basically" Yes, the point of this bot is that people that are in the adminlist can do everything that the room owner could do. Im working on it right now...

uzjIGfi.gif

#9 Before February 2015

F1redragon

Sounds cool! Would it work on mac?

#10 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

gustav9797 wrote:

"basically" Yes, the point of this bot is that people that are in the adminlist can do everything that the room owner could do. Im working on it right now...

You know you cant take full credit for it.. you have to give some to zalgryth

#11 Before February 2015

gustav9797

DylanDaSkater wrote:
gustav9797 wrote:

You know you cant take full credit for it.. you have to give some to zalgryth

Did you even look at the end of the first post? Zalgryth even joined that world and I talked to him.

uzjIGfi.gif

#12 Before February 2015

Shift

All you did was reorganize the basic commands that are already available to everyone... why would I want the same action to take more time?

#13 Before February 2015

magic277isback

Whats the Original Tutorial Level Link? I mean the Guest room One

#14 Before February 2015

gustav9797

magic277isback wrote:

Whats the Original Tutorial Level Link? I mean the Guest room One

Eh? Anyways, heres the current progress with the adminlist:
current.png
current2.png

uzjIGfi.gif

#15 Before February 2015

ostkaka

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Well basically you decompiled EEartist and then edited it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

EDIT: Plus the commands on there look very pointless. For example the room name changer. It is quicker to do it normally...

It's not possible to have a name like "!#¤%&]$|/³" normally in the game.

Last edited by ostkaka (Jan 20 2012 7:13:28 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

gustav9797

After som researching the admin list is done. To add admins in-game you have to be the owner. Enter your name in owners field and youre the owner. Im going to add commands like ban, kick, and all the other general stuff tomorrow. Goodnighty. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: Max 10 admins can be added.
EDIT2: It gets admins from admins.txt and checks gets their ID from dictionary, and checks if the player who sent the message's id matches the name(s) from adminlist.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Jan 21 2012 1:35:30 am)

uzjIGfi.gif

#17 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Nice job. Looks great. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: I like how you gave Zalgryth credit too.

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Jan 20 2012 9:06:12 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

capasha

gustav9797 wrote:

NOTE: Yes I did take some code from EEArtist, but all bot stuff is by me! All credits for that to Zalgryth. His blog.

"Some code" I can see at the GUI that you took the whole package.
I guess you have only changed size of the GUI and added some pointless stuff to it.

Just look at your awesome debug, Why use editboxes?
If I used GUI I would add a list instead. And about the mods, why only 10?
I can at least have over 1000, if people want to use that.

If you release it. At least create your own bot and don't use others project.
And remove Zalgryths uploader too. I don't think he would like it if you shared that in your program.

Last edited by doh (Jan 21 2012 1:01:30 am)

#19 Before February 2015

gustav9797

doh wrote:
gustav9797 wrote:

"Some code" I can see at the GUI that you took the whole package.
I guess you have only changed size of the GUI and added some pointless stuff to it.

Just look at your awesome debug, Why use editboxes?
If I used GUI I would add a list instead. And about the mods, why only 10?
I can at least have over 1000, if people want to use that.

If you release it. At least create your own bot and don't use others project.
And remove Zalgryths uploader too. I don't think he would like it if you shared that in your program.

Dude. Im 14 years old, but fine. Ill create a new project then.

"why only 10?"   Admins will be able to do anything that the world owner could do via commands, i cant see no point of having more admins.
"Just look at your awesome debug, Why use editboxes? " I just made that quick..

Last edited by gustav9797 (Jan 21 2012 1:38:08 am)

uzjIGfi.gif

#20 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

I think this bot looks worthless.

Doesn't even have a BAN feature :/

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#21 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

gustav9797 wrote:

Dude. Im 14 years old, but fine. Ill create a new project then.

I would just like to point out that I was 14 when I started working on Animator. And I don't mean 14-almost-15; My birthday was only two months prior. Youth is never an excuse for plagiarism and laziness.

gustav9797 wrote:

"why only 10?"   Admins will be able to do anything that the world owner could do via commands, i cant see no point of having more admins.

It is not the programmers job to decide what's best for the user; especially matters like this that would take barely 5 minutes to remedy. That's a surefire way to lose a prospective customer.

gustav9797 wrote:

"Just look at your awesome debug, Why use editboxes? " I just made that quick..

Want to know what's quicker and more beneficial? Console.WriteLine(). The console keeps a very handy backlog of info. But picking on someone for their debug methods isn't nice since it doesn't matter one bit in the end //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#22 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Finished the ban list. The only problem now is to display the reason which is stored in bans.txt next to the name sepparated by a dot, and the end of the line has a ;. I can't figure out how to get the reason.   Any tips?

Also added alot of commands.

if (m1 == "!help")                         {                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "Commands: !bot, !vote, !help, !godmode  ");                             System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(800);                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "Admin commands: !kick, !ban, !save, !load,");                             System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(800);                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "!clear, !reset, !roomname, !setcode, !prefix, !prefix off");                         } Example  if (m1 == "!ban")                     {                         getid();                          if (local == userid | local1 == userid | local2 == userid | local3 == userid | local4 == userid | local5 == userid | local6 == userid | local7 == userid | local8 == userid | local9 == userid | local10 == userid)                         {                             if (m2 != "")                             {                                 if (m3 != "")                                 {                                     File.WriteAllText("bans.txt", m2 + "." + m3 + ";\r\n");                                     this.connection.Send("say", "/kick " + m2 + " " + m3);                                     banlistBox.Text = File.ReadAllText("bans.txt");                                 }                                 else                                     this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " Enter the reason.");                              }                             else                                 this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " Enter the name to ban.");                         }                         else                         {                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " You are not an admin.");                         }                     }

Last edited by gustav9797 (Jan 21 2012 6:43:21 am)

uzjIGfi.gif

#23 Before February 2015

capasha

gustav9797 wrote:

Finished the ban list. The only problem now is to display the reason which is stored in bans.txt next to the name sepparated by a dot, and the end of the line has a ;. I can't figure out how to get the reason.   Any tips?

if (m1 == "!help")                         {                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "Commands: !bot, !vote, !help, !godmode  ");                             System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(800);                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "Admin commands: !kick, !ban, !save, !load,");                             System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(800);                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + "!clear, !reset, !roomname, !setcode, !prefix, !prefix off");                         } Example  if (m1 == "!ban")                     {                         getid();                          if (local == userid | local1 == userid | local2 == userid | local3 == userid | local4 == userid | local5 == userid | local6 == userid | local7 == userid | local8 == userid | local9 == userid | local10 == userid)                         {                             if (m2 != "")                             {                                 if (m3 != "")                                 {                                     File.WriteAllText("bans.txt", m2 + "." + m3 + ";\r\n");                                     this.connection.Send("say", "/kick " + m2 + " " + m3);                                     banlistBox.Text = File.ReadAllText("bans.txt");                                 }                                 else                                     this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " Enter the reason.");                              }                             else                                 this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " Enter the name to ban.");                         }                         else                         {                             this.connection.Send("say", prefix + " You are not an admin.");                         }                     }

I though you coded your bot self, now do you need help?
It feels like you haven't readed the basic in c# at all. Because everything you need is stated there.

And now can I see why you only can have 10 admins...

#24 Before February 2015

gustav9797

doh wrote:
gustav9797 wrote:

I though you coded your bot self, now do you need help?
It feels like you haven't readed the basic in c# at all. Because everything you need is stated there.

And now can I see why you only can have 10 admins...

If you have nothing good to say, dont say anything.

uzjIGfi.gif

#25 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Why is it so "fashionable" to publish bots nowadays? VNrAE.png
No, bots aren't tools of pros, except some...

And as I can see that piece of code, I can admit that this bot was poorly programmed. (I know that I can't make better [or at least I didn't show that I can], but you have to accept all the critics if you publicate something...)

EDIT: 1234 posts! 1bigsmile1 (that's my phone's PIN code as well, but don't tell that to anyone! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jan 21 2012 8:45:27 am)

gustav9797142390515456278

Board footer