Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

A question

If there are things that we are not allowed to do on the forums, why are we able to do them? why can't the forums administrators just disable that option instead of letting people make the mistake of doing it?

Like auto-play youtube videos, which in fact, aren't even in the "supreme list of rules," to find it you actually have to go to a non-stickied topic in forum announcements.

If you don't want incorrect double posts/gravedigs, why don't you just have it so grave digs and double posts have to be approved by a moderator? double posts and gravedigs are already uncommon, and are (usually) eventually looked at by moderators to check if it is an ok bump/double post in the first place.

I'm not really trying to rant or anything like that, I'm just asking why you can't just make it impossible to break rules.

I get that they're rules, and some is common sense, and people are expected to find and read the rules, but wouldn't it be better to disable/monitor it rather than letting the possibility remain and having to worry about it?

Last edited by GKAbyss (Apr 22 2012 7:13:45 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Re: A question

Trust me bro, gravedigs and doubleposts are very common. Autoplay videos, I dunno, I think they could just censor "&autoplay=1" and it would take care of that problem. Also, if they had to be approved by a mod, it could probably ruin some things that have to be timed or something.
[Literally] Bottom line, I half-agree with ya.

#3 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I kind of mean that moderators already look at all of the double posts and grave digs, to check if they're ok. So having to approve of double posts grave digs could actually save time, as they would not need to search for them, they would just be alerted if there was one.
Though I guess the fact that some people put more than one post in a topic start would be a problem, if possible, they could have it hidden or something until it's finished, and then make it public once the posts are complete.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Apr 22 2012 7:24:54 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Deetz

I think there should be an option that allows you to, if you have the last post, a button replacing the quick post section that says "bump" and it just turns up to be a post that says "bump"

And a limit to bumps in a single post, like 4 or 5 bumps in a row.

GKAbyss 1423709626251806

Board footer