Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

it40x

Are you kidding me?! JAD please read.

Look at my sig, it had a picture in it, but JAD changed it.

Now I dont mind to change the picture, but was this really necessary?
Now i have a WARNING for 2 PIXELS too tall, and 16 "ILLIGAL pixels".

Would some modorator explain this?
(And yes i have read the rules).

EDIT: The text was ":o Is that me i look so stupid XOP"

And the picture was this: http://i.imgur.com/prqj4.jpg
(Im not showing it on the forums so it wont be "illigal" again.

Last edited by it40x (Jul 26 2012 1:34:58 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Re: Are you kidding me?! JAD please read.

That's just Jad being super strict. Be careful not to break the rules again and you should be fine.

:.|:;

#3 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

Happened to me too. "Someone" has power to do whatever he wants, so he uses it because he's on the bottom of the food chain in real life.
(Not specifying username so i can't be warned for flaming.)

#4 Before February 2015

jemhun

Fiendish Llama wrote:

That's just Jad being super strict. Be careful not to break the rules again and you should be fine.

I got two warning because of that too.
Yeah he is just doing his job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#5 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

Yeah, at least we have a good strict moderator here. If you just resize your signature or make it not too big, then that'll be satisfying and you'll never have to worry about it again. 1smile1

#6 Before February 2015

Muffin

Ooh, better shrink my sig for funzies //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

the 16 illegal pixels is that your text is another 16px tall, making your sig go 18px over the limit.

#7 Before February 2015

Shift

You broke the rules. He reprimanded you. The end.

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Those 18 pixels are serious business. The rules are the rules, and it won't be that hard to cut out a few pixels from the image.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

it40x wrote:

Look at my sig, it had a picture in it, but JAD changed it.

Now I dont mind to change the picture, but was this really necessary?
Now i have a WARNING for 2 PIXELS too tall, and 16 "ILLIGAL pixels".

Would some modorator explain this?
(And yes i have read the rules).

Then you'll know that signatures have a 300 pixel height limit. Yours was 318 pixels tall.

KanibalFrost wrote:

Happened to me too. "Someone" has power to do whatever he wants, so he uses it because he's on the bottom of the food chain in real life.

It's okay, I never warn for attacks against me. I find that leads to assumptions of bias.

Shift wrote:

You broke the rules. He reprimanded you. The end.

You're my favorite person of the day.

Zoey2070 wrote:

Those 18 pixels are serious business. The rules are the rules, and it won't be that hard to cut out a few pixels from the image.

Agreed.

I know it's easy to say "I was barely even over, you shouldn't warn me for that", but I've had this conversation with myself in my head many times before. We have a limit for a reason - that's as far as we're willing to go with it. If we stretch it just because you were "barely over the limit", that defeats the entire purpose of the limit in the first place. It's a limit, not a guideline.

Conclusion: I will warn you for most any infringement of the rules.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

Rurigok

A single pixel over and it's against the rules.   That's the plain and simple.

#11 Before February 2015

Deetz

What's strange is, I've been like 1000 pixels over the limit before, and I didn't get a warning. I've actually been sig-busted many a time, and I still have 0 warnings. So, Jad is actually being double-extra-strict.

#12 Before February 2015

Koto

KanibalFrost wrote:

So you state it in YOUR signature, lol.

#13 Before February 2015

BEE

Fixed it for you.

You need to remember that some people's screen are smaller, so added text makes the sigs longer. To me, with a uber widescreen, the small amount of added text looks fine because its on the same line. Same with my signature. I bet people with small screens would see my sig as stacked and taller than it is on my screen.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#14 Before February 2015

Deetz

It is, in fact, stacked to me. And I have a relatively wide screen.

#15 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

I thought that height limit is so that people don't use too high signatures that would bother others, but i see that the rule is there just so that moderators have excuse to give warnings.
Wouldn't it be more fair that one of moderators would just sent a message to a person that uses too high signature and let it change it by himself and warn him if he refuses to change the signature or doesn't reply within a day or so?
I know exactly what one of moderators will reply, probably Jad or Rugirok...

#16 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

KanibalFrost wrote:

I thought that height limit is so that people don't use too high signatures that would bother others, but i see that the rule is there just so that moderators have excuse to give warnings.
Wouldn't it be more fair that one of moderators would just sent a message to a person that uses too high signature and let it change it by himself and warn him if he refuses to change the signature or doesn't reply within a day or so?

Other moderators can do what they please in respects to their warnings.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#17 Before February 2015

Bash

This majority of this post is not targeted at any specific post in this topic.   The one quoted below is only to signal that the first two sections are a reply directly to it.

KanibalFrost wrote:

Warnings may be given at the discretion of the moderator and should be challenged via private messages.

Some moderators will give the user a chance to get a new one, like I normally do.   But for all of the users I have tracked, there is a pretty good chance they will get the warning anyway because they did not change their signature.

Let me clarify why this rule is here, as it has been made clear that some people still do not understand why we limit signatures:

Would you want to scroll past my 1500px high signature featuring all of my achievements, levels, and other unrelated crap that I feel everyone should look at?

If you would, then I'm proud of you... that makes one of us.

The forum even has an option in your profile to disable signatures.   This is for those of us (myself included) who can't stand to scroll past everyone's signature.

On the other hand, if you (the person reading this) truly believe that the moderators are out to get you, you are not required to be an active member of this forum.   This sounds terrible, but it is true.   Your participation in any forum that you chose to sign up for voluntarily is completely optional, you do not have to post in it, this means that you can completely avoid the issue by just not posting.

#18 Before February 2015

Zakleo

I'm going bak to my old sig.

#19 Before February 2015

Master1

Okay so Jad is being a chewy. Why is this bad. We need more chewy.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#20 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

JadElClemens wrote:

but I've had this conversation with myself in my head many times before.

That's not safe. :/

Master1 wrote:

Okay so Jad is being a chewy. Why is this bad. We need more chewy.

What about me?

it40x 1423710375251057

Board footer