Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Mods/Admins getting bans

Has it every happened before?

Of course, they´re sort of like the officers, but obviously they make mistakes every now and then.

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mods/Admins getting bans

I got demoted then re-moted (is that right?) once but I was asleep and didn't see it happen.
As far as I know no mod has ever been banned.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I've been banned before -- a few months ago -- but not as a mod. We don't get warnings once we become mods since that would be pointless and easy to falsify anyway.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Different55 wrote:

I got demoted then re-moted (is that right?) once but I was asleep and didn't see it happen.

May I intrude and sensitively ask why you were banned?

#5 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:

Re-promoted, maybe?

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#6 Before February 2015

Bash

I got demoted [at least] once because of a special administrator.

If a mod messes up, they are generally involved in the next "Hey, watch out for this" message that none of you get to see.

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Arceus64 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

May I intrude and sensitively ask why you were banned?

[storytime]So there was this one time I was using mIRC, and I was learning how to script, so I downloaded some scripts off the interwebs to look at, but one of them had a bug made anyone who said ".join" a halfop instead of voice, and I accidentally left it loaded while I was asleep and afk on the forum's old IRC channel, and in this way I gave the entire channel halfop, and they tore it apart, and Cyclone got all mad and demoted me, but after a while he re-promoted me (Still sounds a little off), and then I woke up, saw I was kicked from the channel, joined, then Cyclone was all like RAWR and then I was all like wat? and then I gave him the script and he looked at it then explained what happened.

And to this day I have only ever been an op on one channel.[/storytime]

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

Deetz

Well a lot of absent mods and admins on other forums ban themselves so people know they're gone, but that's not what you mean is it.

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I believe we gave Tako an actual warning for something or another (after he became a mod, that is), but it was severely sarcastic and we basically laughed about it the whole time.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

JadElClemens wrote:

I believe we gave Tako an actual warning for something or another (after he became a mod, that is), but it was severely sarcastic and we basically laughed about it the whole time.

Yeah, it was a double post, after we removed the double posting rule.

And BEE gave me a warning for being a nub, whatever that means.

But to answer your question, it would be very rare but definitely possible. It's one thing to be demoted - that just means you can't make decisions anymore. But to be banned, that means you went completely rogue and broke the rules in an important way. For example, raiding or giving away personal information to advertisers for money. Those two would result in a ban, no matter who you are.

Spam, flaming, etc. would result in chastisement, and only after several acts of defiance would you be banned (as a staff member). And the odds of that happening are, like I said, very rare.

It's rare because we don't just pick moderators because they have a lot of rep or posts. Instead, we pick from their virtues and relationship with the current staff. We trust them. Not very many things can corrupt your virtues and trustworthiness, but it is always possible.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#11 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Yeah, I've always had a feeling that a trusted moderator would suddenly snap and ban everyone and erase accounts right before he left.

#12 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

That's why they would choose wisely for who they trust to be a moderator, no?

Arceus64 1423712079249353

Board footer