Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

Re: Putting together the "Artist pack"

These new blocks look really amazing. They just don't seem to fit in with the other blocks. But they still look very nice! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#127 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

xputnameherex wrote:

Nice...you said you wanted to break it up, is the other pack also sci-fi related?

No, it's gonna be something different. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#128 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

I told Chris about my idea, and it seems that he has plans on reworking the entire minimap coloring system a little bit. Instead of specifying what color each block has, the game will automatically create a minimap color based on the average colors of the block in question. It's worth noting that this will inevitably change how most of the current minimap colors are rendered so I will adjust the artist packs accordingly to display the correct colors once the new system is in place.

But for now, the Sci-fi pack!

http://i.imgur.com/ZymWr.jpg

Current list of colors:
Red screen - Pure red
Blue screen - Darker blue
Metal - Greyish white
Light block - Pure white
Alien symbol block - Brown

Any feedback on both the blocks and choices of colors are welcome. This is of course only the first of 2 artist packs that I'll be making. Filling up a single pack with 10 colors seemed a tad extreme so I decided to break it up a bit.

Hmm What about a new kind of door? like maybe theres a button instead of a key and the door looks Sci-Fi instead of a regular door?

#129 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I love the sci-fi pack! Looks kinda neat.

#130 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

But for now, the Sci-fi pack!

ZymWr.jpg

Current list of colors:
Red screen - Pure red
Blue screen - Darker blue
Metal - Greyish white
Light block - Pure white
Alien symbol block - Brown

Any feedback on both the blocks and choices of colors are welcome. This is of course only the first of 2 artist packs that I'll be making. Filling up a single pack with 10 colors seemed a tad extreme so I decided to break it up a bit.

We SO need a LIKE button!

EDIT: And when will this be released?

Last edited by BuzzerBee (Jul 21 2011 11:31:09 pm)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#131 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

I don't wanna be an egoist, but we need a

Lava Block
lavablock.png

for shading...

EDIT: The Sci-fi Pack looks awesome!

Different55 wrote:

Maybe a sort of sprite sheet like

1|2|3|4|5
F|F|F|F |F
  |F|F|F|F
  |F| |F|F
          |F|F
Block 1 has 2 frames, 2 has 4, 3-3, 4-5. and 5-5.

Your idea is fine, every package should have it's own sprite sheet. And I took a look at the source... Chris NEEDS to clean up sprites, code, etc... So much of them are very old and unused.

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jul 22 2011 1:12:19 am)

#132 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

BuzzerBee wrote:

And when will this be released?

No idea, that depends entirely on Chris. The good news is that he's begun regular EE work again since yesterday, so at least he's picking up the pace. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#133 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

That's pretty good news RPGMaster2000

We will surely mostly need white color.
Pink color.
Clear orange.
A bit more "redish" Red.

#134 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

Thats what the "red screen" is.

#135 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

More browns.     Also, more "hamburger bun" colors.     Also, somthing between the yellow metal and yellow glass to make smileys.

fgRzols.png

#136 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Just thought of something. Maybe, a color wheel, people pick the color, it would be purely that color when you are near it, and same on the minimap. I'm sorry if this was suggested earlier on this thread. I don' want to look through all those pages.

Last edited by xputnameherex (Jul 22 2011 8:41:18 am)

#137 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

It's a good idea,but it would take too much to load and so much lag,just think about it,2000 Blocks,2000 Colors.

#138 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

I know, but it is just a thought. I also meant more like one with selected colors, like, hexagonal one.

Also, RPGMaster, people see your level called **** just so you know.

#139 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

Pawlowic wrote:

It's a good idea,but it would take too much to load and so much lag,just think about it,2000 Blocks,2000 Colors.

That's why a color wheel block is a good idea. 1 block that any time you use it, you pick it's color first. It is only 1 block with over 2000 colors "inside" it.

PaNFnqB.png

#140 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Glitcherkid wrote:
Pawlowic wrote:

That's why a color wheel block is a good idea. 1 block that any time you use it, you pick it's color first. It is only 1 block with over 2000 colors "inside" it.

colorpalettei.png

#141 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

I have an idea for the color wheel block. http://www.flickr.com/photos/62424593@N … hotostream

The C in the middle stands for for "color". There is the rainbow going down the outline of the block.

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

Like it?

Last edited by Glitcherkid (Jul 22 2011 10:20:01 am)

PaNFnqB.png

#142 Before February 2015

Echo!

Jojatekok wrote:
Glitcherkid wrote:
Pawlowic wrote:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6024 … lettei.png

Very good idea,

So just like a Basic brick?and you can pick all them colors?

Good Idea.

#143 Before February 2015

lecture

I say we need more dark blocks. It's annoying to play levels where the artists have to use keys and crowns in order to give uh depth or shadings to their drawings.

#144 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Echo! wrote:
Jojatekok wrote:
Glitcherkid wrote:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6024 … lettei.png

Very good idea,

So just like a Basic brick?and you can pick all them colors?

Good Idea.

Yay, everyone likes my idea, XD. Echo, I wasn't thinking basic, just pure color, it is for artists, so, you know. Also, do you have any good signatures you have in mind to make for someone *wink wink*. Also, the basic changes color variations a bit which would make it more confusing. I'm not entirely sure how it would be bought, whether you start out with it or have to buy it, that stuff. It would be quite a pack, so maybe gems? I don't know or care. If RPGMaster would say it was a good idea I would feel enlightened.

Last edited by xputnameherex (Jul 22 2011 11:48:09 am)

#145 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

lecture wrote:

I say we need more dark blocks. It's annoying to play levels where the artists have to use keys and crowns in order to give uh depth or shadings to their drawings.

I agree. Sure, the minimap looks nice, but the actual playing area? No. Crowns are for wearing and keys are for opening doors. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I love the sci-fi pack! I can't wait to see what else is in store...

#146 Before February 2015

Koto

How about a nature pack, mideval pack, or a city pack?   I think those would be nice to have.

#147 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I can't wait for these! It's good to know that work on the game has resumed. Can we have any hints as to the theme of the next pack? I think it'd be best just to do basic, solid bricks.

I like how the brick colors are going to be an average of the pixel colors. though. That's good.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#148 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

I told Chris about my idea, and it seems that he has plans on reworking the entire minimap coloring system a little bit. Instead of specifying what color each block has, the game will automatically create a minimap color based on the average colors of the block in question. It's worth noting that this will inevitably change how most of the current minimap colors are rendered so I will adjust the artist packs accordingly to display the correct colors once the new system is in place.

But if you change all the colors of the blocks, the already existing art may be screwed up!     People who made lots of art that took time, like me, will have thier art screwed up!     Please keep it the way it is! YGMal.png

Last edited by Stubby (Jul 22 2011 4:52:52 pm)

fgRzols.png

#149 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

JadElClemens wrote:

I can't wait for these! It's good to know that work on the game has resumed. Can we have any hints as to the theme of the next pack? I think it'd be best just to do basic, solid bricks.

I like how the brick colors are going to be an average of the pixel colors. though. That's good.

Can't give any hints just yet since I'm not entirely sure yet myself. I will let you all know as I go along, for sure. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Stubby wrote:

But if you change all the colors of the blocks, the already existing art may be screwed up!     People who made lots of art that took time, like me, will have thier art screwed up!     Please keep it the way it is! YGMal.png

Sorry, there's nothing I can do about it since it's all Chris's doing. While the conversion may be rather ugly, it will benefit everyone for sure in the long run as I'll be able to completely control what colors all the blocks emit in the minimap.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

How about a nature pack, mideval pack, or a city pack?   I think those would be nice to have.

Good idea! I shall take them in to consideration. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#150 Before February 2015

collectionshower

Question: You said that Chris started working regularly on EE... Didn't he work on it before? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

[Edit] -

ZymWr.jpg

What is that red and blue portal like bricks?

Last edited by collectionshower (Jul 22 2011 5:56:04 pm)

RPGMaster2000 1423722272239160

Board footer