Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TACZero

Multiple Ideas

1. Comments/ ratings for levels, I would like my voice to be heard about my thoughts for levels, and/or what other people think of mine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
2. New blocks and key sets, for people doing stair levels especially, it's hard to use locks and keys as often as one would like without making other levels practically impossible.
3. New faces? I know many of the smileys are based off of facebook smileys, i suggest trying out the robot and maybe the :3 face
4. MOAR colors! Doing art levels is hard to do with the limited colors of the bricks, maybe do an actual orange shade and maybe a few less shades that look gold.

#2 Before February 2015

Master1

Re: Multiple Ideas

i agree with everything but on 3 the robot might be hard to get 16x16

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#3 Before February 2015

mechanizmz

1. Would be nice, would sure make people think about their level and work hard towards it, instead of the same old mini-games popping up lol
2. I think a black key/block set would be pretty awesome, since they wouldn't appear in the mini-map, and it would be (okay, not a lot, but at least a bit hard) for people to grab and hold the key when someone elsewhere on the map is within an area using the blocks
3. I think they're coming out at a steady enough rate, there's only so many faces available in the world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
4. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but, a brick where you can pick from the colour spectrum when placing it, imagine, all those colours/shades out there, and we (currently) only have a small number :O

Personally, I just can't wait for more updates, like the text brick and slippery/sticky bricks lol

#4 Before February 2015

mrvalley

they are all good ideas, especially 1, but 4 might be hard.   let me do a bit of math for you all...

currently there are 57 different types of blocks (12 in shop, 7 accessed by beta, 37 free).   that's 5 bits to save one single block.   if they want to keep it at 5 bits, then there are a maximum of 7 additional bricks they can add.   storing a regular, 200x200 map, with 40,000 blocks, will require 200,000 bits (or, to put it in terms you can understand, 25 KB).   now, if they increased the bits per block to 8, then they would have 71 free spaces.   you would need 240,000 bits (or 30 KB).  

now, for the usage of that extra data, assuming they add the one extra bit per block.

out of that 71 extra bits, say you used 10 for each color (red, blue, green).   that's 30 bits used, and you would have a total of 1000 different colors (10x10x10).   i know that this seems completely unrealistic, and that you could never get 1000 colors, but trust me, i took a class on computers and how they work.  

now, if these colors are added, they could be like a background.   a player could walk through them, and it would not affect the physics at all, you can't land on them, and you can't run into them.   for placement, i would suggest either putting it as an option under tools, which will pull out the color spectrum, and you can pick it form there, or putting a button to open the spectrum window in the 'more bricks' tab.  

unless i have made a mistake somewhere, it is entirely possible to add a color spectrum.

#5 Before February 2015

TACZero

When i say new colors, I mean by replacing some of the many golden look alikes (the metal, and the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral face look to   much alike on the minimap) and substituting a new color. I also thought of an idea for another brick, one that you can jump up through, but holds you up there, so like a one way brick

TACZero 1423726332235100

Board footer