Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Game Design Ideas

Here, you can post some graphical ideas.
(I didn't want to write a long description, sorry.)

I'll start with my own ideas:
ideasc.png

And I examine all of these new ideas:

Change: [Expands to the right when the player clicks on it.]

Change Type: [Pops up a box where you can pick "Public" or "Private" (if a person wants to enter your room, then he/she has to enter a password before entering your room; you have to set a password before applying the private mode; private rooms has a grey star next to their names in the lobby) (deafult setting: public)]

Hide Level: [Pops up a box where you can turn it on/off (default setting: off).] If you turn it on, then the level will not show in the level list, so people can't enter your level even if they used a permament link to it.

Lock level: [Pops up a box where you can turn it on/off (default setting: off).] If you turn it on, then nobody can edit the level except you.

Reset level: Puts all the players (except who are using godmode) to the start position.

Kick user: [Pops up a box where you can enter the user's name that you want to kick, the reason (why did you kicked him/her), and the kick's length in minutes.]

Kick all: [Pops up a confirmation box.] Kicks everyone without banning for minutes.

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jan 1 2011 2:22:48 am)

#2 Before February 2015

emanresu

Re: Game Design Ideas

Well, he has to make buttons for all those functions because not everyone can use chat to type in commands. What he could do instead of making a ridiculous number of buttons for every command is turn the "code entry box" into the "command box" so that everyone can type commands in. To enter the code, there would be a new command /code (code here).

Edit: And now this post makes no sense since the thread starter radically altered his original post. Meh.

Last edited by emanresu (Dec 30 2010 2:49:11 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

emanresu wrote:

Well, he has to make buttons for all those functions because not everyone can use chat to type in commands. What he could do instead of making a ridiculous number of buttons for every command is turn the "code entry box" into the "command box" so that everyone can type commands in. To enter the code, there would be a new command /code (code here).

This. There should also be a /help command

#4 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Updated the original post.

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I'm pretty sure that Chris is shortly gonna be working on most of these UI suggestions, so sit tight!

#6 Before February 2015

Master1

wouldnt a kick all button be kinda meaan to put in lol

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Chris is shortly gonna be working on most of these UI suggestions, so sit tight!

Yes, and I think that you will help him with the design //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
BTW I made the image in the OP with MS Paint 8)

#8 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Added "Volume control" idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#9 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I don't really see a use of volume control as, for me, I either have the sound, or I don't. Just use the computer's volume control. :/

#10 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

mistahboi wrote:

I don't really see a use of volume control as, for me, I either have the sound, or I don't. Just use the computer's volume control. :/

Yup, but if you are listening to some kind of music when you are playing, then it's better to control the sounds ingame.

#11 Before February 2015

capasha

Jojatekok wrote:

Yup, but if you are listening to some kind of music when you are playing, then it's better to control the sounds ingame.

Windows 7 have a good control for this. So you can increase/decrease the sound from the game.
But bad for other people that have another OS. And i like the mute button more. No need to control the sound.

#12 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

doh wrote:
Jojatekok wrote:

Windows 7 have a good control for this. So you can increase/decrease the sound from the game.
But bad for other people that have another OS. And i like the mute button more. No need to control the sound.

I know, I'm using Windows 7, too (after the pre-installed Vista //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile); but (as you said), many people are using other OS (like Mac, Linux, etc.)

#13 Before February 2015

Noname

Thats awesome!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#14 Before February 2015

Bohush

Wow its super I want it https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol:... "Kick All" this I need //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile or "Lock Level" https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol:

#15 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Bohush wrote:

Wow its super I want it https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol:... "Kick All" this I need //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile or "Lock Level" https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:lol:

It's just an idea at the moment, but I hope that Chris can bring some of these ideas to the game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#16 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

If you like my posts, please click here and activate my chat access! Thank you very much! (BTW my parents allow me to chat, but they don't like internet payments; they've "just" bought a beta access to me, nothing else.)

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jan 5 2011 9:39:27 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Alex

Jokatekok, that is not ok.

The whole point of parental controls is to prove that you are over 18, or your parents allow you to chat. Anyone can say 'my parents say its ok lol'.

#18 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Alex wrote:

The whole point of parental controls is to prove that you are over 18, or your parents allow you to chat. Anyone can say 'my parents say its ok lol'.

Ok it was just a "donation" thing for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
BTW (for everybody) I'm trying to make an Everybody Edits font pack //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#19 Before February 2015

FMaster

Cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Alex wrote:

Changed my link, it was veeeeeery funny from you -.-" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Jojatekok wrote:
Alex wrote:

Ok it was just a "donation" thing for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
BTW (for everybody) I'm trying to make an Everybody Edits font pack //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Here is the topic about the font thingy: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=2649

Jojatekok 1423726364235068

Board footer