Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Lady

Gems for Name Changes / Purged Names?

I think a good way to help support and generate revenue for EE would maybe have the ability to change your gaming Username for a certain amount of Gems. I'm thinking maybe 25 gems? 50 gems? Depending on the level of coding/difficulty in actually making it work out. This works out well for blogging sites like LiveJournal where you buy rename tokens.

Also for those who created accounts then never used them, you could do monthly purges of inactive accounts? Really cool/cute/funny names have their appeal, and if you "purge" the names, you can make it so they are only available through a Rename purchase?

Just an idea! ??   ?

Last edited by Lady (Jan 6 2011 2:55:08 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Master1

Re: Gems for Name Changes / Purged Names?

not a good idea as trolls will change there name so you can't detect them

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#3 Before February 2015

Lady

I think each person has an individual way of identifying them that has nothing to do with their display name. We all log in through Facebook, or email, so if you ban someone from your room it should go by that, not by their display name. Anyone can also just make a new account with a fake email and troll that way, rename changes aren't going to enable trolls anymore than they already are.

#4 Before February 2015

Alex

Added to the list.

Lady 1423726480234952

Board footer