Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Olip96

Smiley collision

Would it be cool if we could actually touch and push others ? What about riding them ?

Well, with this, there would be an option on each saved world "Allow collision" to enable or disable it. I have some ideas of what we could do with this. Maybe a kind of fight on a small arena where we have to push others making them fall off !

And if you say me "some people will block the way to others", well, I'll say you that it's like key spamming: this will occur with a bad level design.

What do you think ?

#2 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

Re: Smiley collision

hmm nice idea maybe you can tick them or something your jump on them with a special smiley (When you use that smiley you can tick them) and the ticks can be see as points.

#3 Before February 2015

Interrobang Team

it would be cool in levels with only 4 people, but then it wouldn't be fun.

#4 Before February 2015

emanresu

Issues with griefing aside, I think keeping track of collision data between dozens of people would be very laggy.

#5 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

I can think of about 100 different situations in which a smiley could prevent movement on the top of my head.

The largest and most-easily occurring one would be those long trails of gravity arrows sending you to the start of a level, but there being blocks above it at some point. One person could simply move up slightly and cause people who fail at that part to quit.

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Good idea, but only if different types of worlds are implemented. Think arena worlds where you try to knock other people off or race worlds where bricks crumble after a certain period of time until the race restarts or teamwork worlds where you can assist other people.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

Olip96

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

I can think of about 100 different situations in which a smiley could prevent movement on the top of my head.

The largest and most-easily occurring one would be those long trails of gravity arrows sending you to the start of a level, but there being blocks above it at some point. One person could simply move up slightly and cause people who fail at that part to quit.

Like I said, this option can be disabled, and will probably not be enabled in worlds that has stunts or minigames.

Olip96 1423726724234708

Board footer