Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

glustora

Troll striking

ok so some of you should have encountered people that troll, no one likes them, especially when they ruin all the hard work or art you have done, and im finding it hard to stay in a room where they give you the code, or the code is in the title for long, because people come in and start trolling and i get SOOOO MAD at them and they dont stop trolling either. So my point is i would like it if there was something you could do if you spotted a troller, something like everyone has 3 strikes and if you click on the troller (not for guests, only for members and betas) a screen comes up and gives you the option of giving the troller 1 strike (a warning to tell them to stop trolling) and the seccond strike they get if they continue trolling automaticaly kicks them out of the room, and the third strike they are banned for a period of time (mabey 2 or 3 weeks ?) as disipline for trolling. and that pretty much cuts it for this topic.

#2 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: Troll striking

This WOULD be nice, except maybe 2-3 weeks is a little harsh. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

maybe 3 days. That would annoy most immature little farts.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

Doom moose

this could easly be abused. they get more accounts and start spam warning you.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Only 1 account per IP. But if they have multiple computers. You have to wait x minutes to warn someone again. but that would just stop people reporting trolls. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Got it. Use a voting system like armagetron advanced. One person nominates someone for kicking and everyone votes for that person. Either Kick, Don't kick, or Don't care. If you get most of the people who vote against him he's gone. But owners can still kick whoever they want, whenever they want, with no warning or anything. I like randomly kicking nuisances and giving them little messages to go with it telling them how annoying they were. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Different55 (Jan 24 2011 5:17:36 am)

- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

capasha

Different55 wrote:

Only 1 account per IP. But if they have multiple computers. You have to wait x minutes to warn someone again. but that would just stop people reporting trolls. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Proxy/VPN? None can stop them.

#7 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Doom moose wrote:

this could easly be abused. they get more accounts and start spam warning you.

Yeah, this is true.

#8 Before February 2015

glustora

yeah i guess it's true the silly immature trollers/people on the game would probably give you a strike just for fun -.- . and mabey 2-3 weeks is a little harsh but it might stop them from trolling levels. i think now the time it should be lowered to 5 days max or 3

#9 Before February 2015

EEVeteran

I think the creator should have a "Clear troll" button in saved worlds and type CLEAR TROLL in the box and it kicks the troll for 3 minutes, deletes ALL blocks made by the troll, and forces you to change the pass but the helpers wont lose it but the troll will. Nice idea am I right?

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

But that would mean huge packets telling who left each block and the server would have to remember that all. Bad idea. I think the voting idea I had earlier would work much better than a /cleartroll command.

- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

EEVeteran

Well mabye we could do that but without the clear blocks though

#12 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

explanation?

- ShinsukeIto

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

That is not physically possible considering EE's resources, Chris would rather spend time updating the game than worry about petty trolls, too him it seems as just another minor minor minor problem. EE has used over 1TB now and chris spends this out of his own pocket, so think about that before giving impossible suggestions. Good idea though maybe it could happen in fantasy world

#14 Before February 2015

Doghana

This is a great idea, i'd love to have this tool, but unfortunately there are people that will abuse this useful tool :/

#15 Before February 2015

ERROR404

I think it would be less abuse-able like this.

Three people in the same room each have to get together and give a strike. This would prevent a single troll from getting inocent bystanders banned.

glustora 1423727279234153

Board footer