Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

BEE

Uneditable/Half Gods

I couldnt find this on the main list of suggestions but please correct me if I'm wrong and Ill remove this thread.
What I want is to be able to have a separate code to give people the ability to fly around, but not able to edit.

As someone who does more art than minigames on EE, people want to be able to see how I do some parts, but giving full edit powers is a risk. Even if I trust someone, accidental clicking can be a disaster //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thoughts?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#2 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Re: Uneditable/Half Gods

only giving them god mode it's very much, but it would let them move inside pictures.   I'd suggest that you can 'lock' certain blocks, meaning that only the owner of the level can edit/unlock them.  

or, you can make art that has more black lines going through it, which you can turn into paths for people to follow through.

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I   made this topic a while ago. I think its like on page two and it's dead so I don't have a problem with this. Just pointing it out.

#4 Before February 2015

BEE

Sorry D-rock, didn't mean to steal your idea!

I like the idea of locking certain blocks, but it might get confusing seeing which ones are locked and not O_o

#5 Before February 2015

bliske

BEE wrote:

I couldnt find this on the main list of suggestions but please correct me if I'm wrong and Ill remove this thread.
What I want is to be able to have a separate code to give people the ability to fly around, but not able to edit.

As someone who does more art than minigames on EE, people want to be able to see how I do some parts, but giving full edit powers is a risk. Even if I trust someone, accidental clicking can be a disaster //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thoughts?

i actually think that's a good idea, because you give the code, and people ruin what you do, but then you can easily kick them but it's a half-decent idea.

#6 Before February 2015

BEE

Bump

#7 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Good idea, although suggested multiple times.

#8 Before February 2015

BEE

Its still not on the list though

#9 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

this would be cool.

#10 Before February 2015