Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Engineer

Level saving bricks

Hi there, yesterday i had an idea about a brick that, in my opinion, is a must have fr the future of EE.

The level-save brick.

and here is why and how:

The bigger the levels get, the more people get annoyed through the level and leave, mostly because they dont have enough time playing the whole thing. with the worlds getting bigger and bigger, less people play the whole level. This annoys the level creators cause they invested hours of their time in creating those levels.

The solution would be this brick: It can be like a wooden door or something.
If you bump into it, it asks for a password, if you put in the right one, it will vanish.

Now you can understand what i mean: You make a level 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 and at each end the is a block that pops up the window with the password inside (this was suggested (see to do list) and i hope it will be done) then you go to the doorblock and enter it, giving you access to the next level.

the passwords stay the same if the owner does not change them, also there should be an autokick if someone says the password out loud (choose a password not like "everybody" but instead "derp192" )

Now tell me what you guys think.

#2 Before February 2015

Panic

Re: Level saving bricks

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#3 Before February 2015

Engineer

well then let me explain with this picture:

i mean blocks that vanish when a password is provided, so you can skip levels if you have played them before like this:

derpooo.png
the password will be given out at the end of a "level" by a block that pops up a text (the one that is most likely to be added soon)

#4 Before February 2015

MacGuy360

awesome!

#5 Before February 2015

mrvalley

so it's like coin doors, but they don't reset when you leave a level?   sounds great.   this would also be good for connecting different maps together.   for example, at the end of one map is the link to the next one and the code to use it.

#6 Before February 2015

Engineer

mrvalley wrote:

so it's like coin doors, but they don't reset when you leave a level?   sounds great.   this would also be good for connecting different maps together.   for example, at the end of one map is the link to the next one and the code to use it.

for example, correct. i don't know if its possible from the softwares side to save open doors even when you leave the level, but at least you can note down the password for reactivation of the door, this would most likely be the easiest way to program this.

#7 Before February 2015

Fer22f

Awesome idea!
+1 REP for you. This is a great idea, people can make code to code.. lol

#8 Before February 2015

Panic

Get the code, tell everyone. Everyone skips everything, finds level lame, leaves. Level creator = sad.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#9 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I like it. But Panic has brought up a good point.

#10 Before February 2015

Engineer

supadorf24 wrote:

I like it. But Panic has brought up a good point.

no, in my first post, i clearly stated that the one telling the code should be auto kicked, also not everyone has the ingame chat.

for another thing: the one that writes the code into the chat should be autokicked and banned for like 20 minutes AND the code would be turned into *****
this is no problem, not at all. and if someone wants to tell anyone else the code, there is a way for everything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

Panic

Um, who said in-game chat was the only way?
There are a crap load of ways to get a simple message across to other people.

#12 Before February 2015

Bobithan

now that i get it i can't wait till this comes into action!

aka towwl

Engineer 1423728174233258

Board footer