Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

wobbufet

3D Everybody Edits Levels

Sorry about the confusion in an earlier post, i was not trying to say that we should turn all of EE 3D, just create some levels that are 3D. Mini maps would only show the 2D plane that you are seeing, and E and R would switch the 2D planes that you can see, as if you were turning. sure, blocks would be saved as objects called short names like BY for Beta Yellow, and they would be saved as 3D coordinates, X=1, Y=1, Z=1. it is all math, and if we do it the way i suggest using Perl 5.6   to program in everything into the new server that could hold all of the 3D levels. the lobby would then be allowing you to access different servers. Basically, the only lag would be in the loading and saving of the level. It would not be like any of the 3D games currently, because this won't lag during gameplay unless you have a really slow computer like me, and already lag on the 2D levels. Basically, the game will be 2D, but you can turn yourself, so instead of moving side to side, you would be moving in the directions that were forward and backward. but then you wouldn't be able to go what was side to side. I will not triplepost here, just in case people are willing to accuse me of that again.
If you are still confused, message me instead of filling space in this thread by PM-ing me.

This is just in! If i can program this 3D EE server, Chris might merge the code and there will be 3D levels. this also lets me make it the way i have always seen it in my mind. It might take me a while, expect me to not be done for maybe a year, i would have to recreate all the blocks and the smiles. If anyone would like to help, PM me.

There is a chance that i will have to make it an entire new game.

3D levels might take long to edit, but that is what crews are for.

Last edited by wobbufet (Mar 13 2011 6:24:55 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Wezza

Re: 3D Everybody Edits Levels

like the mario game on the DS?.. i still dont like ee in 3d

#3 Before February 2015

Panic

You already posted it once( without much support info). Many of us thought it was bad and gave reasons. You added random stuff that seemed pointless( to me) and got 3 warnings. Other people came. Thread died. You re-post topic just as confusing as the original.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#4 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

look i like the idea i dont care about other stuff aslong as this game is 3d i would love it it would be cool and im good at math //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

chuggaaconory

Everybody edits in 3d would be like asking for mother 3 to come out on n64, If it was in progress in the halfway mark it would be cancelled.
If the game was in 3d how would the smileys work, and you would be copying minecraft.
Also it wouldn't be a fun experience anymore, it would be horrendous.

And if you wana know what mother3 is go to earthboundcentral.com or starmen.net

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

As I said before, it would make the game worse in many ways, and it's like asking SEGA to release Super Monkey Ball 3 and releasing Super Monkey Ball 2's unused music tracks.

#7 Before February 2015

jakery

@wobbufet You're determined to ignore everyone's feedback on why this idea won't work. If this stubbornness is due to a passion to see this idea through, may I make a suggestion? Build a prototype platformer engine from scratch, and build it to your specifications. It doesn't even have to be editable; just build a basic level atop a custom engine that can handle 3D in the way you are suggesting. When you have something that works as a rough demo of your vision, post a link to it on the forum and we can offer constructive feedback.

If you just keep posting ideas on this forum, nobody will want to get on board. Build a concrete prototype that we can see, and we might be able to move forward. What do you say?

Last edited by jakery (Mar 13 2011 2:59:29 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

mrvalley

wezza wrote:

the mario game is a 2D world with 3D graphics.   the reason this wouldn't work is because minecraft is for people to build things that look pretty.   EE seems to be more for making challenges/puzzles.   #d is great for making buildings, but it's horrible for making agility challenges.   2D is great for agility challenges, but not that good for making buildings, as you can't really appreciate the work put into it.   ig you want 3D EE, go play minecraft.   if you want 2D EE, play EE.

#9 Before February 2015

jakery

mrvalley wrote:
wezza wrote:

the mario game is a 2D world with 3D graphics.

Now, if we're just talking 3d-looking graphics, those can be accomplished without an actual 3D engine (Donkey Kong Country, anyone?).

If we're just talking a parallax background (background that moves slower than foreground) then that's slightly complicated but still doable with a 2D engine (see: every SNES game ever). Of course, I don't see the need for parallax background support in EE, either.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

wobbefet, this has ALL the same problems as a completely 3d EE plus more. GIVE IT UP. :/ You still have the depth issues, the editing issues, the integration issues, EVERYTHING would go wrong.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

EverybodyEditsBetaKid

I agree with differnt55

#12 Before February 2015

Panic

This is sort of a dupe thread... by the same person.
Can we let it die or get it locked?

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You know what? It is a dupe thread. He could've added this to his old topic. wob, edit your first topic to make it more like this. *lock*

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

wobbufet 1423728765232667

Board footer