Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MKSTAR26

Copy-Paste tool?

So, I was thinking, while on my friend AlucardX60's level, I was making BIT.TRIP art. Trouble was, I had to move some of it.

So I deleted it, and did it again in the right place.

It made me think how an 'area-select --> copy-paste' tool would be useful. Just highlight the area you want to move (or draw a border) and move it. Much more efficient.

I hope this might happen.

#2 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

Re: Copy-Paste tool?

wow good idea i like it cuz ive needed to do that loads of times before

#3 Before February 2015

Ant-99

No, it would take too many server place that we don't have.

#4 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

i dont think it would take to much

#5 Before February 2015

mrvalley

at the worst it would be like everyone who has access to it would have an extra large world.   you can just offer it for the same price as a large world and problem solved.

#6 Before February 2015

MKSTAR26

mrvalley wrote:

at the worst it would be like everyone who has access to it would have an extra large world.   you can just offer it for the same price as a large world and problem solved.

Do you GET me? Just highlight an area, move it, job done. How would that OVERLOAD the servers?

#7 Before February 2015

Panic

It's not as easy as it sounds. You can't just type 'highlight area and move' into some code and expect it to work.
Also, suggested before.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You could copy people's worlds. It should be limited to your own world.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

mrvalley

MKSTAR26 wrote:
mrvalley wrote:

Do you GET me? Just highlight an area, move it, job done. How would that OVERLOAD the servers?

my point is that it wouldn't.  

Different55 wrote:

You could copy people's worlds. It should be limited to your own world.

it would probably be best to put it under the 'modify level' section.

#10 Before February 2015

Chimi

...although this would be nice, it's almost definitely never gonna happen. Yep. I'm mr. Positive today.

#11 Before February 2015

Smiley3

This is great for moving large arts.

#12 Before February 2015

Chimi

but as i said...

#13 Before February 2015

supadorf24

MKSTAR26 wrote:

Obviously, we don't GET you. When you copy something, the game must remember what you copied. When you copy and paste text, the text that you copied is copied on to a clipboard, or at least that's what I think it's called. What you copied stays in the clipboard and must be remembered. Everyone copying stuff in EE means that the Player.IO severs or whatever have to remember what everyone is copying. EE lags enough already.

#14 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

DO THIS! I have this problem too!

#15 Before February 2015

me

I dont like copy-paste, but cut out-paste!

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

This is an EPIC idea, however, this will make trolling a LOT worse. Theu swould make 10x10 blocks and copy them and start trolling them.

#17 Before February 2015

jakery

If you stored the staggered array of copied blocks locally in the flash app, I don't see how it would overwhelm the server. When pasting, I don't see how it would cause any more lag than flying around in god mode with your mouse pressed, drawing everywhere you move.

You could even limit the maximum size of the copy-able area (10x10, or even 5x5).

+1 for this idea. It would really help level creation, and add an interesting dynamic to boss rooms.

Last edited by jakery (Mar 14 2011 8:02:02 am)

#18 Before February 2015

mrvalley

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

This is an EPIC idea, however, this will make trolling a LOT worse. Theu swould make 10x10 blocks and copy them and start trolling them.

the only way that could happen is if the troll owns the level.   the copy/paste will be ion the tools section, it maybe in the modify level menu, so only the owner could use it.  

the space should be 50x50, because that's about the same area as your screen shows.   this would be the equivalent of a tiny map, which is the smallest size available.   for useing it, you should be able to drag it around, to help fill areas that are all one type of block.

#19 Before February 2015

MKSTAR26

mrvalley wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

the only way that could happen is if the troll owns the level.   the copy/paste will be ion the tools section, it maybe in the modify level menu, so only the owner could use it.  

the space should be 50x50, because that's about the same area as your screen shows.   this would be the equivalent of a tiny map, which is the smallest size available.   for useing it, you should be able to drag it around, to help fill areas that are all one type of block.

This is good. Only the owner of the level can move it.

And, why can't the copy-paste be temporary? Once you've moved it/pasted it, can't you make it to just disappear from the clipboard?

#20 Before February 2015

mrvalley

^acctually, that would be even better.   even if you misplace it you can always re-copy and paste it.

#21 Before February 2015

Zerda

yea! Good Idea :-P //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile we need it and we need latters in game :-)

MKSTAR26 1423728796232636

Board footer