Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

more magic types.

energy doubler (0.5% chance): doubles your current max energy.
speed increaser (2% chance): increases your speed and max speed by 0.1x (can only get up to 5 of these)
jump increaser (2% chance): increases your jump by one block (can only get up to 5 of these)
random item (5% chance) get one random item from the shop, that includes things that can only be gotten with gems!
refill only magic coin (30% chance): refills your energy, no extra max.
magical magic coin (O_O 1% chance): gives you a +1% higher chance of finding magic coins (limit would be 30 >_>)
more on the way.

#2 Before February 2015

Re: more magic types.

jump increaser would be overpowered on minigames.

#3 Before February 2015

BillyP

energy doubler (0.5% chance) - Would be unfair on players with a lower max. energy level.
speed increaser (2% chance) - Would give an unfair advantage to just a few players.
jump increaser (2% chance) - Same as above.
random item (5% chance) - Would be unfair to other players; would make the Ultimate Fan Smiley and Big Spender pointless.
refill only magic coin (30% chance) - This is a good idea, I suggest a 25% chance though.
magical magic coin (O_O 1% chance) - Could work, except the limit should be around 3-7% to limit the advantages gained by players.

Last edited by BillyP (Mar 12 2011 7:49:59 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Panic

I believe most of those were suggested before.
Anyway, I'll say 'Hell no' to all of them. I think the current system is good enough for now.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#5 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

BillyP wrote:

energy doubler (0.5% chance) - Would be unfair on players with a lower max. energy level.
speed increaser (2% chance) - Would give an unfair advantage to just a few players.
jump increaser (2% chance) - Same as above.
random item (5% chance) - Would be unfair to other players; would make the Ultimate Fan Smiley and Big Spender pointless.
refill only magic coin (30% chance) - This is a good idea, I suggest a 25% chance though.
magical magic coin (O_O 1% chance) - Could work, except the limit should be around 3-7% to limit the advantages gained by players.

most of your responses: well that's the point, people with better skills will be better.
and you can't get the fanboy smiley, it's not possible to gain with gems nor energy.

#6 Before February 2015

BillyP

The First Gamer wrote:

people with better skills will be better.

Yes, but increasing speed/jump height will also make some minigames pointless and easier/harder.

#7 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

BillyP wrote:
The First Gamer wrote:

Yes, but increasing speed/jump height will also make some minigames pointless and easier/harder.

don't see how it could make them harder >_>
gimme an example.

#8 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

The First Gamer wrote:
BillyP wrote:
The First Gamer wrote:

gimme an example.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<   B  B  B  B  B  B  B    B  B  B  B  B  B

Now jumping too high could make it impossible.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Mar 12 2011 10:17:03 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Koto

The Only one that that I can possibly see   being added is a refill only, but the chances should less for it.

#10 Before February 2015

Hammyobob

energy doubler (0.5% chance): - I wouldn't mind this, and it wouldn't be that bad for lower players as they'll still get double and will be able to find them again.
speed increaser (2% chance): Would be unfair on races, and would make bosses/minigames harder
jump increaser (2% chance): Would also make bosses and minigames easier/harder.
random item (5% chance) A 5% chance to get a random item? Just think, you buy everything from the shop and you get this coin, bam. 400x200 world, or ultimate fan smiley. -Unfair, expecially to the people who paid gems for the Smileys.
refill only magic coin (30% chance): Wouldn't mind this at all, I think it would actually help a ton.
magical magic coin (O_O 1% chance): As stated before, the max should be like 7%,. Just think, a 30% chance to find magic coins, Every 3 coins you get and you have a chance of getting a magic coin.. Would spam up chats and would make Energy pointless.

"Hammyobob has gotten a rare magic coin +15"
"Hammyobob has gotten a magic coin +1"
"Kingoftheozone has gotten a rare magic coin +10"

Every second.. :/

#11 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Yes, that would suck.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#12 Before February 2015

BillyP

It would also agitate existing level owners as they'd be forced to reconstruct parts of their level for the benefit of the small amount of people who will have gotten a speed/jump height increaser.

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And what about racing? You could win because just by dumb luck you got a lot of speed boosts.

- ShinsukeIto

#14 Before February 2015

Burnett

That would be great.Finaly a way to get more pwning powar!

#15 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

That would be BAAAD.

- ShinsukeIto

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I agree with BillyP Kingoftheozone Different55 and Hammyobob VNrAE.png

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Mar 13 2011 10:05:11 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Burnett

RUM...You know this abbrevation right?

#18 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
The First Gamer wrote:
BillyP wrote:

gimme an example.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<   B  B  B  B  B  B  B    B  B  B  B  B  B

Now jumping too high could make it impossible.

well with increased speed, just hit down, or do that one block jump inbetween the bottom blocks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#19 Before February 2015

Smiley3

Energy doubler is not good, even with 0.5% chance, because people with more than 250 can double to 500+ energy.

But the random item is a good idea, since many people wouldn't have Christmas, New Years, Valentines, or any smileys, but not those you can buy with gems, because that will be no fair to most people.

Last edited by Smiley3 (Mar 13 2011 12:42:20 pm)

#20 Before February 2015

mrvalley

how about one where the amount of time it takes to get one energy is decreased?   there would need to be a limit, otherwise it would be possible to get instant energy refill.

#21 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

mrvalley wrote:

how about one where the amount of time it takes to get one energy is decreased?   there would need to be a limit, otherwise it would be possible to get instant energy refill.

weird idea in the first place, but it would be a little cheap to those with low max energy counts, as soon enough they'd be getting waaaay too much energy.

#22 Before February 2015

Hammyobob

Blegh, it didn't post. Anyways as I said.. These ideas are pretty bad (Well the energy ones are), mostly because.. Magic coins = more energy, more energy or regeneration = more levels, more levels = server strain, server strain = crashes and downtime..

#23 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Hammyobob wrote:

Blegh, it didn't post. Anyways as I said.. These ideas are pretty bad (Well the energy ones are), mostly because.. Magic coins = more energy, more energy or regeneration = more levels, more levels = server strain, server strain = crashes and downtime..

server strain is caused by maps that are being played, not ones that are stored.   those ones only use up memory, which doesn't cause crashes or lag.

#24 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

bump.

#25 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

Here's my magic ideas:

+100 energy to amount owned (only can be found if your energy is 100 or less)
+5 energy to max and +100 to total
+20 energy to max (no refill)
+25 energy to max (no refill)
Adds 100 energy to all untouched items in shop (if bought and extra energy remains, energy go bye-bye //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)
Adds 100 energy to all items in shop
Makes ninjas lighter on map
Makes ninjas appear clearly on map
Allows God mode for 1 second (if you're in a brick, it won't turn off.     Shine around smiley is blue.     Not able to edit)
Allows God mode for 2 seconds
Allows God mode for 5 seconds

1 more thing, if someone is reading the pop-up for magic, can you make them sparkle so you know?

fgRzols.png

The First Gamer 1423729578231854

Board footer