Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Sansander97

Editors/Featured Games

I dislike how cloning can be used to bump up your level making the great levels that don?t use cloning die out. Fixing this capability would result in removing guests from the equation by making them extinct. While this may work, members interested in signing up for Everybody Edits wouldn?t be able to test it out before hand to make sure they really want to sign up for it. To deal with the cloning issue and getting better games to be noticed, I came up with the idea of featured games.

Featured games would be games that an ?Editor? has featured. Members (most likely ones from the forum) would be chosen as an Editor by following some of the same guidelines as being a Moderator. These Editors would then have the task of playing rooms and deciding if the room is ?feature worthy?. If said room is feature worthy, the Editor would type the command ?/feature? thereby adding said room to the ?Featured Games? list/tab. Editors would unfeature rooms by entering the command ?/unfeature?. The commands are one way to feature games but I also have a different method. Perhaps the level code box could be shortened freeing up room to add a feature/unfeature button available to Editors only. Either way would be fairly simple enough to handle.

The ?Featured Games? list/tab would be the default (starting point) tab of the Everybody Edits Lobby. This way members would be urged to create magnificent rooms that are feature worthy hoping for an Editor to see their world. Rooms that are featured would potentially have a green star next to them instead of a gold star.

All Editors would have a green username on the ?Who?s Online? panel unless the Editor is also an Administrator in which case the color would remain the same. All Administrators and Moderators would automatically be given the position as Editor. An Editor Recruitment discussion could be created giving more members the privilege to become an Editor. Said discussion would require you to write a review consisting of at least 3 paragraphs on a world that the potential Editor feels should be featured. The paragraphs would be about why he/she thinks it should be featured, what sets the world apart from other worlds (what is unique about the world you wish to feature), and why you wish to become an Editor. Anything extra would boost your chances in the next stage; Editor voting.

Editors would vote on the potential Editors by either saying yes or no to someone applying.
Joe
Sally
Lucinda
Shawn

Sansander97?s post:
Bob: No
Joe: No
Sally: Yes
Lucinda: No
Shawn: Yes

Different55's post:
Bob: Yes
Sally: No

Results so far:
Bob: 1 Yes | 1 No
Joe: 0 Yes | 2 No
Sally: 1 Yes | 1 No
Bob: 0 Yes | 2 No
Bob: 2 Yes | 0 No

If a user receives 3 votes for yes over the amount of no?s, he/she will become an Editor. These ideas for choosing Editors can be altered if need be. All Editors would have the option to unfeature a world that a different Editor has already featured. If feature wars occur, the members should be eliminated from the position as Editor. If you feature a game and someone unfeatures the game, please resist from refeaturing the game unless you feel it absolutely needs to be featured. It is more important for games to be unfeatured than featured because only the best of the best should be featured.

Yes, it?s a big change but in the end it?s all going to be worth it. Everybody Edits would be in full swing and cloning would become less popular. We would have a huge collection of amazing games to play right in front of us at all times. That would be my personal dream-come-true and I?m sure it would be the same for others. Thank you for considering my idea. Feel more than welcome to give constructive criticism and suggestions to make this idea better. Your opinion is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: Editors/Featured Games

I agree, this would make a great addition to the game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

but exactly, how many people would be a feature mod? 10? 20?

#3 Before February 2015

Sansander97

Kaosslasher wrote:

I agree, this would make a great addition to the game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

but exactly, how many people would be a feature mod? 10? 20?

I was planning on around 10-15 deserving people being Editors.

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I think this is a great idea. Not so much the voting part (perhaps only other editors could vote? If that's already there, I missed it), but the rest is awesome. +1 reputation, bro.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

Sansander97

JadElClemens wrote:

I think this is a great idea. Not so much the voting part (perhaps only other editors could vote? If that's already there, I missed it), but the rest is awesome. +1 reputation, bro.

Thank you for the Reputation. And yes, only Editors would be able to vote for future Editors.

Sansander97 wrote:

Editors would vote on the potential Editors by either saying yes or no to someone applying.

Last edited by Sansander97 (May 15 2011 5:54:33 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

eg1

Yes. This would help the game, and I know where you got this idea...

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Yes, this could change EE from a place infested by noob levels to a place infested with people who strive to be better.

Last edited by JadElClemens (May 17 2011 7:06:45 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Bimps

Lol dude Too much from "the website" :rolleyes:

#9 Before February 2015

Sansander97

JadElClemens wrote:

You can go ahead and delete that post to avoid a double post warning...
Yes, this could change EE from a place infested by noob levels to a place infested with people who strive to be better.

I'm glad you like this idea. Thank you.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Love the idea. This would be a lot better than dragging myself from world to world looking for ones that are good and trolling the really pathetic ones.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

Sansander97

Different55 wrote:

Love the idea.

Thank you.

#12 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

this is a good idea! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#13 Before February 2015

Sansander97

cheezpuffs wrote:

this is a good idea! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Thank you very much.

#14 Before February 2015

Shinabi

Sansander97 wrote:

I dislike how cloning can be used to bump up your level making the great levels that don?t use cloning die out. Fixing this capability would result in removing guests from the equation by making them extinct. While this may work, members interested in signing up for Everybody Edits wouldn?t be able to test it out before hand to make sure they really want to sign up for it. To deal with the cloning issue and getting better games to be noticed, I came up with the idea of featured games.

Featured games would be games that an ?Editor? has featured. Members (most likely ones from the forum) would be chosen as an Editor by following some of the same guidelines as being a Moderator. These Editors would then have the task of playing rooms and deciding if the room is ?feature worthy?. If said room is feature worthy, the Editor would type the command ?/feature? thereby adding said room to the ?Featured Games? list/tab. Editors would unfeature rooms by entering the command ?/unfeature?. The commands are one way to feature games but I also have a different method. Perhaps the level code box could be shortened freeing up room to add a feature/unfeature button available to Editors only. Either way would be fairly simple enough to handle.

The ?Featured Games? list/tab would be the default (starting point) tab of the Everybody Edits Lobby. This way members would be urged to create magnificent rooms that are feature worthy hoping for an Editor to see their world. Rooms that are featured would potentially have a green star next to them instead of a gold star.

All Editors would have a green username on the ?Who?s Online? panel unless the Editor is also an Administrator in which case the color would remain the same. All Administrators and Moderators would automatically be given the position as Editor. An Editor Recruitment discussion could be created giving more members the privilege to become an Editor. Said discussion would require you to write a review consisting of at least 3 paragraphs on a world that the potential Editor feels should be featured. The paragraphs would be about why he/she thinks it should be featured, what sets the world apart from other worlds (what is unique about the world you wish to feature), and why you wish to become an Editor. Anything extra would boost your chances in the next stage; Editor voting.

Joe
Sally
Lucinda
Shawn

Sansander97?s post:
Bob: No
Sally: Yes

Different55's post:
Bob: Yes
Sally: No

Results so far:
Bob: 1 Yes | 1 No
Joe: 0 Yes | 2 No
Sally: 1 Yes | 1 No
Bob: 0 Yes | 2 No
Bob: 2 Yes | 0 No

If a user receives 3 votes for yes over the amount of no?s, he/she will become an Editor. These ideas for choosing Editors can be altered if need be. All Editors would have the option to unfeature a world that a different Editor has already featured. If feature wars occur, the members should be eliminated from the position as Editor. If you feature a game and someone unfeatures the game, please resist from refeaturing the game unless you feel it absolutely needs to be featured. It is more important for games to be unfeatured than featured because only the best of the best should be featured.

Yes, it?s a big change but in the end it?s all going to be worth it. Everybody Edits would be in full swing and cloning would become less popular. We would have a huge collection of amazing games to play right in front of us at all times. That would be my personal dream-come-true and I?m sure it would be the same for others. Thank you for considering my idea. Feel more than welcome to give constructive criticism and suggestions to make this idea better. Your opinion is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

This idea: 1 Shinabi Yes | 7 Yes | 0 No

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#15 Before February 2015

Sansander97

Thank you Shinabi.

#16 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

best idea ever. lets just automatically feature all levels like ex crew and contest winners and that good stuff. i say we get people that are specalists in different areas to make the ratings. for example, bee and ravatroll would vote on how good the art in the level is. people like me nou and mihb would vote on how good the minigames are. that would determine specifically how good the level is in different areas. if you play my 12 labors of hercules level, you would put it under minigames because it has fun minigames and no art. taking the great tree by ravatroll would go in both categorys because it has epic art and great minigames.

Sansander97 1423731184230248

Board footer