Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jj4

Latches

well, you all know the pure black brick, when you put 2 next to each other, they look LATCHED together, so i thought of latches, its where you connect 2 bricks together to look merged. it would acually be pretty cool.:D

#2 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Re: Latches

I guess, but it wouldn't look good. It it pleasing to see this? mehv.png
And it would take FOREVER to make all of them.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (May 29 2011 7:54:59 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

SmittyW

^ What I think he's trying to say is that the bricks and graphics change automatically to look like they are connected. This could be a series of blocks that keeps on stretching by itself when you link the "same" blocks, until a different one comes along. Not two seperate blocks that you have to keep on putting in that is the left side and the right.

I do not approve this message.

Last edited by SmittyW. (May 29 2011 8:03:50 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Chimi

No, That would ruin the appearance imo.

#5 Before February 2015

Jasonma

^ agreed

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

SmittyW. wrote:

^ What I think he's trying to say is that the bricks and graphics change automatically to look like they are connected. This could be a series of blocks that keeps on stretching by itself when you link the "same" blocks, until a different one comes along. Not two seperate blocks that you have to keep on putting in that is the left side and the right.

I do not approve this message.

I already know what he's saying, and I'm saying it would take forever to make the blocks stretch different widths up to 300 or so, even longer to do it to all of them.

#7 Before February 2015

jakery

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

I already know what he's saying, and I'm saying it would take forever to make the blocks stretch different widths up to 300 or so, even longer to do it to all of them.

Point of order: You only have to render all four corners of each brick in two sets: edge, and non-edge. That's 16 permutations, or 16 renderings for each EE block. The game logic would determine which rendering to use; the artists don't have to pre-render millions of different widths.

1 = Edge on top, left, and bottom
2 = Edge on top and bottom
3 = Edge on top, right, and bottom

So Krazyman, your 2-brick-width mockup would be rendered like this:

And if we want a longer one, we just insert middle pieces:

^^ Long brick with many middle pieces (For #2, only top and bottom have edges)

----

With that out of the way, I'm not sure how I feel about this idea. It would dramatically change the look of the game. Krazyman50's 2-block mockup has whetted my appetite, so I'd be interested in seeing a full-screen mockup.

Last edited by jakery (May 30 2011 11:05:52 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

jj4

so... your saying this is a bad idea?

#9 Before February 2015

Jasonma

well i for one dont want it. sorry :/

#10 Before February 2015

coolio

eh... It seems ok, but i don't think it would bee to nice to see that giant strech of blocks.   And I don't think it would be too nice too see my block selection space DOUBLED by these new strech bricks.

#11 Before February 2015

Jasonma

ya know when i first came to this topic, i thought it would be 1-way doors LOL

#12 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

How will this be useful? I mean it looks nice and all, but it doesn't really do anything.

#13 Before February 2015

jj4

your right, but i'd look cool mixing the colors //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

jj4 1423731600229832

Board footer