Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Group profiles

Expansion of this idea (by coolio)
Now that we need user profiles, we need group profiles!

There would be many parts to group profiles. This is not in order of how it'd appear on the profile screen, just a list.

1. Most importantly, the group's name! You'd fill it in (e.g. TFco, or MXcrew)
2. The members. There could also be titles/user groups, e.g. leader, co-leader, member. These could either be group leader-made or preset.
3. Links to the group's forum, website, etc.
4. The group's map. When making a map, the 'modify levels' bar could have an option to make the level a crew map. Then, in the crew's map section, it would say 'Hosted by [username]'
5.   The crew's main map (optional). Some crews, such as mine, have a recruiting map/meeting point, so they could include that. It'd be at the top of the map list
6. The crew's emblem, to appear next to the crew name, like a forum avatar. Also optional.
7. Just like [someone]'s suggestion for featured levels, there could be featured crews, but just one (to appear in a window, similar to the current blog post window)
8. (credit to BillyP) Members of your crew could automatically get editing priveledges in the crew levels, if you wish.

Some graphics (credit to coolio)
qq2sro.jpg
vni0cj.jpg
x56rd4.jpg
deohh3.jpg
2nlr877.jpg

Thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints? Tacos?

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jun 26 2011 12:19:38 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: Group profiles

Yes, Jad, tacos. Many, many tacos. Incredible idea. +rep

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

#4 agreed 100% , i hate when it says: made by different55 , when it was made by all of mx. you know?

so i seconded this.

#4 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Cool Idea. This would be very useful. +1 rep.

#5 Before February 2015

Jomarixa

yes, EX Crew needs this, their maps are split up.

#6 Before February 2015

supadorf24

jomarixa8080 wrote:

yes, EX Crew needs this, their maps are split up.

Every crew needs this.

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

So I'm not seeing any complaints or suggestions? I hardly think that my thoughts over 5 minutes are good enough to fill the possibilities here.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

BillyP

I like this idea, though the ability to post websites on a group profile could be lethal; Meatspin really isn't my thing.

I suggest the ability to allow members of your group profile to have code/command access to all levels 24/7, as that'd be extremely helpful. This would, of course, be optional.

Last edited by BillyP (May 16 2011 5:10:49 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Yes, although that may be solved with the hopeful addition of 'friend lists'. You could have a group list, and they could always have code, if you choose. I don't see why they wouldn't, though.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

EDJ

I like the idea very much, but there might be a problem when the group splits up.

#11 Before February 2015

dol257

awesome! +rep for u!

#12 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

BillyP wrote:

I like this idea, though the ability to post websites on a group profile could be lethal; Meatspin really isn't my thing.

Then a list of pre-approved domains could be set up (forumify, freeforum, webs, etc.) could be set up. Also, you wouldn't be able to post shortened links, and all links would be tested by a/an mod/admin before appearing on the profile.

EDJ wrote:

I like the idea very much, but there might be a problem when the group splits up.

A "disband group" button, or an option to mark the group as "inactive", only available to the leader? Otherwise, I see no problem with the group profile just sitting there, unused.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#13 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Added graphics from coolio's sister thread/suggestion. With crews/groups/teams/corporations and all of those becoming active again, I think this is more relevant than ever.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I'd also like to see a "Change/Add Leader(s)" button.   That way you can add or remove a coleader, or step down.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

What about private crew forums so the crew can contact each other through their own crew forums. Great idea JadElClemens and coolio

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#16 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

You can already create a group forum and make it so guests can't view the forum or register.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I'd also like to see a "Change/Add Leader(s)" button.   That way you can add or remove a coleader, or step down.

I think it'd be good to have a change leaders button, but the group leader and designated members could choose the ranks of other members.

Take my group, for example. I plan on eventually having seperate sects that make their own maps, independently of the main group. For that to happen and work with this, I'd have to assign the 'group leaders' their own ranks, and then they'd have to be able to set the ranks of members in their groups.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#17 Before February 2015

EEguy

Great idea, would be useful to have them.

#18 Before February 2015

robban39

You got à whole taco shop by me for this idea realy awesome!!1!!!!1

#19 Before February 2015

Nighter

Hm, The only problem with those group profiles is the ''Vote to Ban'' Like, Wouldn't Guest or people like a few people like that hate EX Crew abuse of ''Votting To Ban''?

#20 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

That feature is only for people already in the crew.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#21 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

I give one taco to the idea.

:.|:;

#22 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I appreciate your taco