Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Machine Pack

Machine pack. The whole idea of this is to promote contraptions and different types of machines, so don't say that a specific block is copied or would be a bad idea, only share your opinion about the entire concept.

Pressure plate: Gives power to surrounding wires or machines when someone stands on it.
Power Block: Gives power to surrounding wires or machines. Click to turn off.
Wires: Connect these to any power block and it will activate one of these:
    Elevator: When activated, it rises. When deactivated, it descends.
    Ejector: Suddenly pushes you or a movable block 4 or 5 blocks. Doesn't work on stationary blocks.
    Piston: Pushes a movable block one square when activated. When deactivated, it retracts and leaves the block where it is. Works on people, too.
    Sticky Piston: Like a regular piston, but when it deactivates it brings the movable block with it. It acts like a regular piston on players.
        Movable blocks: Self-explanatory. Effected by the current gravity + Newton's laws
    Conveyor Belt: Two ends and a center, three blocks total. When given power it moves whatever is on top of it.

(PS: Yes, I stole the piston + pressure plate from minecraft. We can rename them for copyright reasons (if they have a copyright on it) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: Machine Pack

I love the idea. Chris! Peter! Add this now!

#3 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I love it your hired!

#4 Before February 2015

Wezza

This sounds to much like Minecraft to me.

Last edited by Wezza (Jul 18 2011 1:07:57 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Wezza wrote:

This sounds to much like Mincecraft to me.

Then explain how to make it better.

#6 Before February 2015

calculusguy

This would be awesome! I could make complicated machines! The factory pack could be some movable blocks.
Also:

Wezza wrote:

This sounds to much like Mincecraft to me.

What is Mincecraft?

#7 Before February 2015

Wezza

I ment Minecraft, but you probably already know that..

Takoman02, thanks for min repping me man /sarcasm. If I knew a way to make it better I'd suggest it, but I don't so I left it like that. And you even posted a notice at the end about the pistons and stuff after I posted that, why minus rep me..

#8 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Cause you two are rival suggestors //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Wezza wrote:

I ment Minecraft, but you probably already know that..

Takoman02, thanks for min repping me man /sarcasm. If I knew a way to make it better I'd suggest it, but I don't so I left it like that. And you even posted a notice at the end about the pistons and stuff after I posted that, why minus rep me..

It seems like every time I suggest something you're the first person to say something hateful about it, and frankly it's getting annoying.

#10 Before February 2015

Wezza

I get that you find it annoying, but at you have to take criticism no matter when and from who it is (IMO, no offense).

#11 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

A word cannot be copyrighted if the person didn't invent it so there for the word "Piston" is under no copyright at all.

IDK about pressure plates.

#12 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

GamingGuy wrote:

A word cannot be copyrighted if the person didn't invent it so there for the word "Piston" is under no copyright at all.

IDK about pressure plates.

Even with the exact same functions?

#13 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

This would be a great idea.

#14 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Just call them detector plates and pushers.

#15 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

lol good idea takoman02 why do you come up with such great ideas all the time? lol

#16 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

What about Conveyor Belts? Every Machine needs a Conveyor Belt!

I've made my own conveyor belt blocks with a little description.

Conveyor Belt Set; (Change the Direction of where it goes. Smiley will stick to conveyor belt unless decides to jump)
Cogwheel3.jpg Cogwheel2.jpg Cogwheel1.jpg Cogwheel4.jpg Cogwheel5.jpg Cogwheel6.jpg Cogwheel7.jpg

Cogwheel2.jpgCogwheel1.jpgCogwheel1.jpgCogwheel4.jpg

#17 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Is it 16x16? All blocks and smileys are that big. And TM02's post already has conveyer belts.

Last edited by calculusguy (Jul 18 2011 5:44:51 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

#19 Before February 2015

Wezza

I wrote:

If I knew a way to make it better I'd suggest it, but I don't so I left it like that. And you even posted a notice at the end about the pistons and stuff after I posted that, why minus rep me..

I wrote:

I get that you find it annoying, but at you have to take criticism no matter when and from who it is (IMO, no offense).

Are you going to ask a mod to delete that rep?

This idea seems nice, I'd like to know how that would be shown art-wise, so what color would they be on the minimap? I guess that will be just black, but then it would be a black line between your art if you want to make a whole thing. Tho you can make it around it, but the minis would kind of screwed up cause you need space for the wiring.

Also, can you walk on the machine pack or not?

Last edited by Wezza (Jul 19 2011 4:18:08 am)

#20 Before February 2015

tokebot

we haven't seen any gameplay-enhancing or interactive objects apart from portals and i guess the implementation of: enter at this vector with this speed, exit there wasn't that hard to implement.

other than that i would have liked to see interactive objects months ago:

rocketsboots, kites, flags, real signposts

Tako1423732698228734

Board footer