Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Wezza

Background fill boundaries

Filling the foreground is hard, but when your done with that and you want to fill the background too... Good luck with that, hard and long. And you have to be careful cause you might go over your art which then is screwed in your profile picture.

This is why I thought of the boundary fill in. This tool is like the already suggested bucket tool, but this is my version. And it's ONLY for BG, but FG is needed for it.

I'll show what I mean with pictures.

Before you want to make the background filled in, you have to make boundaries. These boundaries are made by normal FG blocks.

The boundary has to be full so there may not be gaps between blocks. so like this:
JfdB4.png

After you made the boundary you will be able to click on the fill tool:
jnjwC.png

After filled your BG you won't be able to delete it with just one click. You'd have to erase it yourself.

Thanks for reading,
Please comment, suggest and ask any related questions (;

#2 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

Re: Background fill boundaries

It may seem simple since you demonstrate it with a rectangular shape, but it is not so simple with other shapes. It will take a long time to program a ultimate system that could calculate this for every possible shape.
However, I do think it is a good idea. +1.

#3 Before February 2015

tailschao

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile That is a copy of my idea exept mine was with blocks, not backrounds!

#4 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Why not just have a plain fill tool?

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

tailschao wrote:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile That is a copy of my idea exept mine was with blocks, not backrounds!

I do not copy ideas, if your idea was with normal blocks its different then my idea.

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Why not just have a plain fill tool?

Read all the posts in other threads, cause that already has been suggested many times.

Thanks for the comments.

#6 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

25i7sdk.jpg

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

xXExpress0Xx wrote:

It may seem simple since you demonstrate it with a rectangular shape, but it is not so simple with other shapes. It will take a long time to program a ultimate system that could calculate this for every possible shape.

All the system would have to do is check the map to see where the boundary ends and how much it covers. It's not shape-based, but boundry-based. You could make a swirl or some random shape, all it needs to do is explore any gaps, and if there are none, see where the boundry needs to end.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

saposami

yes background blue sky updated ok all system //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#9 Before February 2015

Leo_Cool_37_lol

Blue textLOLOLGreen textBOREDRed textAHHHHHH

#10 Before February 2015

Leo_Cool_37_lol

Yellow text ORDER HERE

#11 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

spam^ reported and good idea, I would like it

#12 Before February 2015

Leo_Cool_37_lol

i dont know who to put colors in the text //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:rolleyes::P;):lol::D:):|:/:(:o:mad: hahaha

#13 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

stop spamming! its not funny, we need a mod in here

#14 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Dude enough spamming.
Anyways,seems like a useful idea.

#15 Before February 2015

jakery

Leo_Cool_37_lol wrote:

i dont know who to put colors in the text //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:rolleyes::P;):lol::D:):|:/:(:o:mad: hahaha

Leo_Cool_37_lol, you have received a warning. Please don't post spam in threads.

Wezza 1423734060227372

Board footer