Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koto

Effect Block Ideas

Hello people.   A lot of you have suggested the game having effect blocks in the game.   So I started thinking about what EE would be like with effect blocks.   Once that glitch came, about a week ago, where you could stick to ceilings, I really started thinking about how they could be used.   Here are a few of the ideas I've been thinking about:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STICKY BLOCKS: Sticky blocks, are essentially what we had as a glitch a week back.   You hold space to stick to the bottom of a block, and you can move around underneath it.   I think that the two candy peices would be perfect for those (afterall, I thought that it was SUPPOSED to be like that)

QUICKSAND: Quicksand blocks would look similar to the Sand Block from the Summer Pack.   However, the major difference is that when you are on one, you slowly start sinking to the bottom.   Your smilie would go about 2/3 of the way to the bottom of the block (or more, if they are stacked on top of each other).   When you are in them, you move at 1/2 the speed you would normally.   To get out, you would have to press the space bar repeatedly.   Also, when you sink into them, they become Transparent, so you can see yourself.   You can place regualar blocks in quicksand, along with arrows and dots so you can have puzzles underneath it, too.

BREAKABLE DOORS: Breakable doors would be verticle wooden doors, then when you move into at top speed would break, and reveal a passage behind it.     However, they would also work similarly to coindoors, if you break one, its only broken for you, other players must still break the door on their screen.

ICE: Ice would be slippery, and wou can slide on top of it.   Their would be 2 types of ice, one with a solid block underneath it, one with nothing underneath it.   The type with nothing underneath it, would also work similarly to breakable doors, where if you fall on top of it hard enough, it will crack, and you will fall through.   Also, like the breakable doors, you must crack it on your screen to get through.

WATER: Water would work similar in a way to quciksand, you slowly sink to the bottom, and you must press space to "swim" through it.   You would also have some resistance with movement, but it would be less severe than quicksand.   Also, the more you move/ if you fall into it, it makes a spash animation.   You can also put other solid blocks, and arrows or dots underwater too.   You Can also place ice directly on top of Water blocks.

SLIMY BRICKS: Work exactly like Ice with blocks underneath them.

THE FOREGROUND: Now that we have the background layer, I think its time we get a foreground layer.   Now, I know what you are thinking, Decorations are the foreground, and I say yes, your right....but why not utilize it to its full potential?   I think we should have an option of placing any solid block in the forground, so it would make a secret passage, except it doesnt have to be an obvious fully black block secret, It can be with any brick.

BOUNCY BLOCKS: Bouncy blocks, are blocks that you can bounce off of when you run into it, except you retain all of the speed you had when you went into it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are my ideas on how these could be implimented in the game, and still have it be EEish.   What do you guys think?   Would this work?   Would you want this ingame?   Thanks for any imput/comments.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Aug 27 2011 10:38:40 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

it40x

Re: Effect Block Ideas

Awsome ideas!
you should earn a sticky.
it was being sugessted but you should get a chance.

#3 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Ice blocks are kind of similar to blocks with the anti-gravity dot on it. But this time you can jump on it.

Foreground, is what we need. So... SO much.

#4 Before February 2015

Koto

I know, once the background came out, I started wondering why a foreground wasn't really added.   It would make for true secret passages, not those deathly obvious black ones.

Also, If anyone has anyother ideas, I'd be willing to update the first post with them.

#5 Before February 2015

Shift

Most of them aren't as EE-ish as they are Mario-ish. Still, they've been suggested sooo many times, and I like most of them, so okay, thank you for finally making a condensed list. However, it definitely doesn't need a sticky, since all of these ideas are on the huge list... I think.

The only idea that I don't really like is the foreground. Of course it would be great, but as a player, I don't want to have to search for some random block on a huge wall. There would have to be some way to recognize it. I know that defeats the purpose of building secret passages, but it's far more unfair than the current ones, so you'll just have to deal with it.

#6 Before February 2015

Koto

You know how in the really really old videogames, how you would play for hours, than one day, you realize you can go through a wall, and find a hidden life/coin or something?   It would be like that where you go behind it.   I don't think that this really deserves a sticky, either, but its not up to me if it does get stickied.   This topic just isn't sticky material, imo.   I don't see how any of these are Mario-ish, except maybe the foreground, which has been used in multiple videogames.   I made these up (i don't play mario often at all), because I would like to see this in-game, because it would lead to more possibilities.

Also, Backgrounds didn't seem EE-ish to me, until they were added.   Then they became ee-ish.   The point of this game, maybe not the whole point, is to grow and become better, and change.   If these are ever added, they would then become ee-ish to me.   I wasn't really a fan of effect blocks either, until that one glitch, now I do want them.

Koto1423734520226912

Board footer