Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: Winners!

jesus, ipwner clearly deserved to win, staph complaining

gLjTZE1.png

#27 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Creature wrote:
Tachyonic wrote:

I voted purely on the originality and uniqueness aspect of levels.

But you forgot completely to rate the quality of art.

I'd also like to mention, we rated the levels without bias from the attitude of their respective creators.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Dec 1 2014 3:19:09 pm)

#28 Before February 2015

nathskiix7811

WOW WTF
i'm pretty sure ipwners level existed before the contest and it also exploits a huge glitch, kiraninjas level was copied off of someone elses and wow this is what happens when you have biased members of the community judging

edit: either way congrats to all the winners

Last edited by nathskiix7811 (Dec 1 2014 3:49:04 pm)

#29 Before February 2015

oh. I'm not 3rd... I thought it its...

#30 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

nathskiix7811 wrote:

i'm pretty sure ipwners level existed before the contest and it also exploits a huge glitch, kiraninjas level was copied off of someone elses

Please elaborate.

#31 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

that's true. ipwner had his level before the contest, I remember.

791mAP8.png

#32 Before February 2015

Creature

This prove how much guardians are unorganizated.

This is a false statement.

#33 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Pingohits wrote:

that's true. ipwner had his level before the contest, I remember.

I can just picture Gadgetgeek sitting in his dark room with a calculator muttering to himself because his complex rating algorithm is thrown askew by this new information.
EDIT: But even if Ipwner didn't deserve to win, they made their decision, and complaining about it isn't going to do anything. Its not like the stakes were very high anyways //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Pyromaniac (Dec 1 2014 6:31:14 pm)

#34 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I don't think you realise that we are unable to know when a world was created. Heck, you know we don't because y'all are basing these broad claims on mere assumptions. The knowledge, of when Ipwner's world for the contest was created before the starting gun, is beyond us judges. We just comment on the final product here.

But even if Ipwner made at least a template before-hand, it shouldn't matter because of the long timespan that each contestant was given to create their world with. I'm pretty sure Ipwner would have been able to come up with the same outcome if he was restricted to the time frame of start-to-finish.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Dec 1 2014 6:34:43 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

Anch

I'm not complaining, and I'm not saying that his win isn't fair. I'm just saying that there were probably much better worlds. For example, the blog specifically stated

Blog wrote:

Quality of artwork and visuals

The artwork certainly wasn't very good, and if their are 5 sections, and it seems that the rating is out of 10, that would give 2 points for each section.
iPwner's score was 8.23, and he probably lost points on the artwork.
Now the fun factor, was actually fun, but he also built the world before the contest even started. Originality was pretty good, just that it hurts my eyes a little (probably no points taken off for that)
The points for minigames/challenges were good because they were pretty fun, but there were barely any minis (compared to others) and they were really simple and not very challenging or fun.
10 - 8.23 = 1.77, and I'm not sure if all of the points that should have been taken off add up to 1.77 or whatever.
What I said probably doesn't make sense but whatever.

#36 Before February 2015

tak4n

Well I guess I should be happy with 3rd place and 3 months of builder's club, big spender will remain just a dream :/ Oh well, time to find 20 friends I can add to my list.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#37 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I see nothing in rules about the level having to have been started after the contest was announced.

#38 Before February 2015

dragonranger

GKAbyss wrote:

I see nothing in rules about the level having to have been started after the contest was announced.

Couldve worked with other people though, or done other stuff that goes against the rules, before the contest started

#loophole

#39 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Whether or not it is serious, for the sake of establishing points:
iPwner could have done that even if he had started the level after the contest was announced.
I think there may be a question as to whether multiple people were allowed to work on a single level together or not.

#40 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

I did not compete in this, but congrats to all who made it!

PS. Shame that no kongers won this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#41 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Aoitenshi wrote:

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#42 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:

gLjTZE1.png

#43 Before February 2015

xKiran

nathskiix7811 wrote:

WOW WTF
i'm pretty sure ipwners level existed before the contest and it also exploits a huge glitch, kiraninjas level was copied off of someone elses and wow this is what happens when you have biased members of the community judging

Copied? Funny.

This is the behavior of persons toward the winners. We won, because we did a great job.

Also, Ipwners level was one of the best of the contest, the concept and gameplay was the most enjoying without any doubts.

#44 Before February 2015

iDC

The problem is that a judging system was not established. I followed most of the judges around and it seemed that the way they were judging was simply finishing the level then giving it a x/10 rating off the top of their head. This led to bias in what parts of the level made it good. The original blog post stated that each level would be judged on 5 different aspects. If they had spent more than one day doing the judging we would have ended up with a far more constructive list of winners. The way it should have been done is rating each aspect of a level out of 10 then combining all 5 scores to get an average.

Last edited by DC levels (Dec 2 2014 11:52:36 am)

DVNTehT.png

#45 Before February 2015

iDC

nathskiix7811 wrote:

WOW WTF

Ipwner created the a basic version of the concept before the contest. He never made a level out of it and I assume he was saving the concept for a good time. This was that good time. He invented the concept and he made his contest level from scratch. His level deserved 1st or 2nd place. The fact that he didn't even get honorable mention proves how bad the judging system was.

Last edited by DC levels (Dec 2 2014 11:56:09 am)

DVNTehT.png

#46 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

DC levels wrote:

The problem is that a judging system was not established. I followed most of the judges around and it seemed that the way they were judging was simply finishing the level then giving it a x/10 rating off the top of their head. This led to bias in what parts of the level made it good. The original blog post stated that each level would be judged on 5 different aspects. If they had spent more than one day doing the judging we would have ended up with a far more constructive list of winners. The way it should have been done is rating each aspect of a level out of 10 then combining all 5 scores to get an average.

yeah I was wondering where these numbers came from. This happens in every contest because the judging parameters are not clearly stated and/or adhered to.

#47 Before February 2015

rgl23

DC levels wrote:

If they had spent more than one day doing the judging we would have ended up with a far more constructive list of winners.

This was the major issue I had with the judging, when I heard that Jawapa said he did over 30 levels in one day (probably like the other judges did) there were going to be some skewed scores. Absolutely no one would be able to play that many levels and say they rated each and every one as fair as when they first started, fatigue would have set in and they were just focusing on finishing than looking at everything in the level. They probably should have realized they would have to cram, and should have postponed the final judging days so they would have more time, It would have been much better to get correct scores rather than just finishing within a deadline.

#48 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I suppose it's probably key to mention that NVD was away most of the time and Bass didn't contribute anything.

In regards to the criticism, I completely agree. We found and brought the issue up in chat but the method we compromised to fit the hole probably wasn't the best prepared for. We went with it anyway so we didn't look like complete twits who put everyone's efforts to waste.

Apologies.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Dec 2 2014 1:52:57 pm)

#49 Before February 2015

xKiran

Judging wasn't bad overall, though i don't agree with 2 or 3 placements.

#50 Before February 2015

iDC

Tachyonic wrote:

I suppose it's probably key to mention that NVD was away most of the time and Bass didn't contribute anything.

In regards to the criticism, I completely agree. We found and brought the issue up in chat but the method we compromised to fit the hole probably wasn't the best prepared for. We went with it anyway so we didn't look like complete twits who put everyone's efforts to waste.

Apologies.

I offered to fill a hole in the judging to make the results more balanced because I decided not to participate in the contest, but I was told it wasn't needed. The simple solution would have been to delay the results a few days. Instead, the sloth of the judges made the efforts of multiple people (who put lots and time and thought into their worlds) completely null.

DVNTehT.png

Noctis 142394542416008

Board footer