Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

New Lobby

I just came up with this idea, right now it's just a concept.

Since this game likes to imitate Mario a lot, why not imitate the lobby? Forget everything you know about the current lobby.

When you type in ee.com and the screen loads, you are in a massive world. If you're signed in, your name appears, and if you're not signed in, you're a guest. In the massive world, there are 6 chutes. They might look something like this:

capture.png
With the use of signs/text, we label each chute as follows:

1) Energy Shop / Gems (red)
2) Play Ready-Made Levels! (blue)
3) Play & Edit! (blue)
4) My Worlds (blue)
5) Create New Unsaved World (blue)
6) Log out / Log in (if you're logged in, it says "log out", vice-versa) (green)

And each portal leads you to the respective screen.

For 1, 5, and 6 it's just the screen that we see now. If you exit the screen you go back to the massive lobby.
2-4, you're in a very VERY wide world, and each level has their own chute with the title. This would allow plenty of room for the amount of plays, users online, world size, etc. Your first impression might be that there are way too many levels to put in one world & that it would take forever to get from one end to the other. Well, we can always use portals.

ALSO: In these lobbies, we can have a few more features.
> A room to demonstrate what the new update includes
> Chairs and tables to chat. (Now THAT is the definition of a lobby)
> Incorporate the tutorial world INTO the massive world / wide worlds. Not through chutes.

Last edited by Tako (Aug 13 2011 10:17:18 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Re: New Lobby

Seems like nobody commented on this and it was suggested yesterday so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I commented on this.

This is a great idea. I would love this if it came into action. But here's something you could add:
I'm pretty usre a lot of people would get annoyed with this menu and want the old kind of menu, so there should be 1 more pipe called "old menu" where you can change the menu to the old kind and in the old menu, there will be a button called "new menu" that gets you into what you just suggested.

aka towwl

#3 Before February 2015

Shift

What? I posted a pretty long comment about this yesterday! Where is it?! UGH!

Well the only big problem I had with it was having a pipe for every world. There are a LOT of worlds, and I downright refuse to go searching through a couple hundred pipes for one I like.

EDIT: I want it to go on record that I said several good things about this idea, but I'm not going to type them all out again.

Last edited by shift (Apr 20 2011 2:43:11 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I agree with shift in the sense that there's too many worlds to each have an individual pipe. Other than that, I like the lobby idea. I think in-game mods should be able to edit the lobby in real-time, as if it were their own saved world.

#5 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I have a solution to fix the too many world idea!

If you don't feel like looking at every individual pipe, you can go in another pipe called "search" and a box will pop up where you type in what you want to search. Then all pipes that are not related to the search would be gone. If you don't search, there should be multiple rooms and the size of each room would be a wide world.

So, do you think this would solve the too many worlds problem?

aka towwl

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I don't really like it. Just because the few blocks were imitated doesn't mean we're doing a mario theme, here.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Okay, sorry for the little tiny comment....

There'd have to be an option to turn off the 'are you sure?' bubble in specific places and such, etc. I'd like to have it when entering worlds, but not categories such as shop, worlds, beta, whatever, this, that, etc.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Shift

Bobithan wrote:

If you don't feel like looking at every individual pipe, you can go in another pipe called "search" and a box will pop up where you type in what you want to search. Then all pipes that are not related to the search would be gone. If you don't search, there should be multiple rooms and the size of each room would be a wide world.

But if you can interact with other people in the lobby, then, well, yeah, you can see the problems there. I was thinking more along the lines of a little pop-up menu for the levels, similar to the current one.

Supadorf24 wrote:

I agree with shift in the sense that there's too many worlds to each have an individual pipe. Other than that, I like the lobby idea. I think in-game mods should be able to edit the lobby in real-time, as if it were their own saved world.

I REALLY like that idea! If Tako's idea were ever to be implemented, that would be really cool! I mean seriously, when do we ever get to see them edit? They occasionally play some levels, but only edit Chrisworld, and nobody ever gets to see them editing there.
Of course, the idea probably won't be implemented :/

Last edited by shift (Apr 20 2011 6:59:26 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Honestly, the fact that there are a lot of levels is a good thing. With simply a scroll bar you scroll really fast, missing a lot of levels. By simply holding the left arrow, you can cruise at a comfortable rate, reading titles as you go along.

And there should be tables where people could sit and chat :3 Now THAT is the definition of a lobby, right there.

#10 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Exactly! I would just love it if this came to be!

But here's a problem:
You know how it takes a long time just to get to the other side of a wide world? Image 50 of those worlds linked together. You wold have to go all the way across to just see what worlds there are that are above 39 people online.

aka towwl

#11 Before February 2015

Shift

TakoMan02 wrote:

Honestly, the fact that there are a lot of levels is a good thing. With simply a scroll bar you scroll really fast, missing a lot of levels. By simply holding the left arrow, you can cruise at a comfortable rate, reading titles as you go along.

And there should be tables where people could sit and chat :3 Now THAT is the definition of a lobby, right there.

I really like this idea BECAUSE of the whole table thing, but the fact of the matter is that have to move through the level onto the opposite side in order to see all the levels would take a REALLY long time! You have to admit, at the pace of a smiley in no-gravity, it alone could take five minutes.

And what if there are more worlds than your new lobby can fit? It's bound to happen eventually.

#12 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Bobithan wrote:

But here's a problem:
You know how it takes a long time just to get to the other side of a wide world? Image 50 of those worlds linked together. You wold have to go all the way across to just see what worlds there are that are above 39 people online.

OMG Goodie! I'm quoting myself!

I have an idea to shorten the trip. On the map, since it SO long of a world, there would be a scroll bar. You can use that scroll bar to go all the way to the end of the world and click on where you want to go.

And an idea on what to put in the lobby (not the world list area, the lobby):
Little "practice" minigames that range from Jump Jump Jump to Ex Crew difficulties. this might lower the online count in world but it would be nice to have these practice minigames.

aka towwl

#13 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Bobithan wrote:

But here's a problem:

If your goal is to get to the other side of the room as fast as possible, yeah it would take a while.

How often do you go to the lobby and say "BOY, I'M SO ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT'S ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST!!"

But for some reason they like to put popular levels at the bottom. Maybe a Pac-Man style pipe. Go in one come out the other.

#14 Before February 2015

supadorf24

TakoMan02 wrote:

Maybe a Pac-Man style pipe. Go in one come out the other.

All credit for this idea goes to Supadorf24. Muhahahaha...

#15 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Oh yeah, because I read that post way back when and remembered the idea, and waited until now to post it as a comment on MY suggestion.

#16 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Ha! An admission! I knew it...

#17 Before February 2015

Shift

Alright, that's good. The only thing I can think of now is how the pipes would constantly be moving, if they were any order at all. I have to be difficult //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Btw, isn't quoting yourself technically a double post? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Like the lobby is now, they wouldn't be moving.

#19 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Bump.

I really like this idea, and now that we have portals and text it would make it 10x more possible.

#20 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I like what you recently did to the idea. I especially liked incorporating the tutorial world into the new lobby. Perhaps guests spawn in the tutorial world and have to complete it to get to the bottom, where the pipes are, and members with accounts could just spawn in the bottom area and have a dot trail leading up to the tutorial world.

Awesome.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#21 Before February 2015

Echo!

I'm going to comment on this topic.

I think this is idea is awesome!.

This is the end on my comment.

#22 Before February 2015

Kuech

I just read the OP, and I think that is an awesome idea! (aside from wondering how it would work...) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#23 Before February 2015

EL53

I LOVE THE IDEA! +1 REP!

Last edited by EL53 (Aug 13 2011 8:12:48 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Kuech wrote:

I just read the OP, and I think that is an awesome idea! (aside from wondering how it would work...) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Well, it's obviously going to be complicated to make, considering it's all new stuff, but I can't imagine it being too impossibly hard.

#25 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

This is a good idea, but will never get in-game.

Tako1423734965226467

Board footer