Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

iYam

Protecting Parts in Your World, Editing Only a Part of a World

Sometimes you think you can trust someone, but unfortunatly he starts to troll your work. Sometimes you didn't save in time. Sometimes, loading your last save may result with a clear of a lot of work you made, and sometimes the troll trolls with hidden blocks in the minimap (decorations) and you saved your world with his trolls. WHAT CAN YOU DO?

I'll tell you what - PROTECTING YOUR WORLD.
With this idea, you will be able to mark a place your world (something that similar with marking icons in your desktop), a place that will be safe for touch. No other gods will be able to edit the selected area, but if you remove the protection.

It was edited, so if you wanna see the previous version, here it is (instead of the italic text)

If any of the other users touch it, you will be alerted (you-got-a-magic-coin style), and you'll have an option to kick the chosen user or decline. (You may say it's hard to code. IMO - it's not so hard, considering spotting a user already exists - magic coins, build-only-in-your-own-world, building your world with your name on it and etc.)

(This may be hard to code:) Maybe a preview with the changes will help.

Or maybe something else; Marking a place that only it will be editable, even if you have the code. (Something kinda like the tutorial world but only with code)
This way you will be able to 'test' someone if you can trust him, or just be safe that he can't troll the rest of your world, just the assigned part of it, so it's not kind of a big deal.

ATTENTION: Before you comment "it's too hard to code", think about it and please comment about the idea and not about EE admins' abilities. The whole point of suggesting an idea, is getting your feedback and maybe getting Chris's (or one of the other admins) attention. Saying "it's hard too code" doesn't help too much. Whatever.

Thoughts, comments, feedback and suggestions for improve are more than welcome!

Last edited by iYam (Oct 16 2011 6:16:12 am)

#2 Before February 2015

gamez7

Re: Protecting Parts in Your World, Editing Only a Part of a World

I love this idea! You don't really need the alert system though, because if the guy can't edit in that area anyway, then it doesn't matter.

#3 Before February 2015

iYam

gamez7 wrote:

I love this idea! You don't really need the alert system though, because if the guy can't edit in that area anyway, then it doesn't matter.

I noticed that. But maybe, if it's your friend, you might wanna give him a chance and he won't be autokicked..

#4 Before February 2015

Shift

Already suggested many times. Where do you think Chris got the idea to put it into the tutorial world, from?

#5 Before February 2015

magic277isback

^That

#6 Before February 2015

iYam

shift wrote:

Already suggested many times. Where do you think Chris got the idea to put it into the tutorial world, from?

So you just decided to ignore the first (and the main) part of the idea.
Next time, you should really read the whole thread and not just the title, because otherwise you need to keep your limited impressions to yourself.

However, my idea is 'a bit' different than what Chris did, and I even stated that in the topic, which means you didn't read this part (and I assume most of the rest too)... Fail.

#7 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

I Don't know how to "Code" anything, can you tell me how to code the thing like tutorial world? I don't want to have any smileys autokicked, I just want them to not change a certain part of a world, so if they edit outside the edit area, nothing happens and the world stays the same. Where can I find a link to tutorial world, anyway?

#8 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

This is a great idea, so this basically stops trolls.

#9 Before February 2015

angrybird5527

Gotta give you credit,nice job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#10 Before February 2015

Master1

Why so many ideas on preventing trolls, I mean who the hell cares if your level gets trolled >.>

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#11 Before February 2015

Lollersnakes

klmaster wrote:

Why so many ideas on preventing trolls, I mean who the hell cares if your level gets trolled >.>

....really?

iYam 1423736623224809

Board footer