Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

Smiley Abilities

I was thinking about how the ninja smiley is harder to see on the minimap than other smileys, and I came up with this:

What if different smileys had their own abilities? This would give people more incentive to buy smileys, and would give them a purpose other than looking cool. I have two examples of abilities:

The worker smiley. When you use this smiley, you would be able to place outlines of the actual bricks in levels, even without the code. These bricks would not aid trollers, because they would not be solid, nor would they replace the real blocks/backgrounds. This would let you make suggestions as to how the level should look. If trollers did start spamming this, you could always choose not to display them on your browser, so they wouldn't confuse you or make the level look weird.

The commando smiley. When using this smiley, your ability would be camouflage. You could at any time turn transparent, making it harder to see you (you're still just as visible on the minimap). When camouflaged, while you can still move and everything, you can't place blocks. This way, trollers won't be able to try to hide a little while they are trolling.

When making a world, you could tick on and off "Allow Smiley Abilities" at any time, and restrict certain abilities. Plus, smiley abilities should be made in a way so that they don't aid trollers. Or, in the case of the worker smiley example, you should be able to make them non-visible so they don't effect you either way.

*Note, I did not see this in the "List of Suggestions" sticky, so I posted this. Sorry if someone before me has suggested this.

Edit: I added one more example

Last edited by SquidMan338 (Jan 29 2012 8:30:45 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

PankenwiCado

Re: Smiley Abilities

Angel can jump a little bit more high (Because angels can fly xD), postman (with chat) can send private mensages,
and much more!!!!!
I have already think on it, But I had forgotten xD
(I'm brazilian, discard the errors :O xD)

Last edited by PankenwiCado (Jan 25 2012 2:44:56 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

Special blocks? Whatever these blocks are (or would be), this would be perfect for trollers.... The abilities should be made to be of no use, or almost no use, to trollers.

#4 Before February 2015

PankenwiCado

Hummm.....
Yes, you're right, Sorry //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile xD

#5 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

Shades smiley can go faster (secret agents drive fast cars)

#6 Before February 2015

slayingbamf

The maestro should play a song when he is running, the terminator should run faster to

plus when you turn invisible you can cheat in the smiley boss thing to get code in a boss world.

#7 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

He doesn't turn invisible, he turns transparent. But your right, the boss may miss him. Maybe the smiley wouldn't be able to move while like this? I'm not sure. But remember, when making a world, you can turn off smiley abilities, so this won't be a problem for most people.

#8 Before February 2015

pedro everybody edits

^yes

#9 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

Rabbit Smiley - Jumps 0.5x higher than usual.
Santa Smiley - Leaves small snow trail behind it during winter season.
Devil Smiley - Melts background layer begind it if world's owner allowed it.
Bully Smiley - Leaves bruises on default smiley when moving past it.

Which one do you like most?

#10 Before February 2015

Sam275

Ghost Smiley: Can turn invisible for 5 seconds at a time,but it takes 15 seconds to recharge.
Kissing Smiley: Leaves kisses on normal smilies.(Like bully,only works on normal ones.)
Big Spender Smiley: May drop fake coins when jumping. The coins do absolutely nothing but act as a decoration.
Pumpkin Smilies: Can show invisible blocks for 5 seconds. Lit pumpkin can for 8 seconds.
Reindeer Smiley: May have a small "jingle" when it runs.

._. They where the things I could come up with at the moment.

#11 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

I like the bully smiley one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
By the way, the big spender one would confuse the heck out of players at times.....

Last edited by SquidMan338 (Jan 26 2012 6:44:18 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Master1

I'd be fine with this, but nothing can have the smiley moving faster or jumping higher as that would ruin challenges.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#13 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

@ Master1 While moving faster etc. could ruin challenges, the level creator could also make challenges that focus around them. Also, (I just thought of this and will edit it into my post) the level creator could maybe restrict certain smiley abilities, so you couldn't take advantage of some of them. Also remember, you could always tick off abilities at any time while making a level.

SquidMan338 1423737966223466

Board footer