Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Re: AFK/troll problem

30 min is too long, how bout make it 5 min! Not that much difference.

#27 Before February 2015

coolio

O.o yes, there is a difference if you have to go for a jog. That is entierly fine, yet you'll be gone from the game because you've been gone for longer than 5 min.
I think this is an   ok idea, but what if that was a trick coin designed to trap people, and you pass over the coin to prevent other people from being trapped?

#28 Before February 2015

Panic

Aoitenshi wrote:

30 min is too long, how bout make it 5 min! Not that much difference.

Do you seriously think that 30 minutes isn't much of a difference from 5 minutes? I personally think it should be an hour.Heck, just keep it like it is now and don't add this in. What if you're halfway through a level and on't want to restart. You go eat something or go for a walk. Poof you're out from inactivity. Wouldn't that **** you off?

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#29 Before February 2015

Wezza

My suggestion was never kicking the troll on a time limit.

#30 Before February 2015

Panic

Sorry lol, I must be blind. Great idea. Many have them invisible and not effect the other players if they're doing the same thing for a long time. Sitting there blocking a coin, holding jump on a key, stuff like that.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#31 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks Panic and yes, many games heve them invisible or transparent.

#32 Before February 2015

dasuper11

testin Mah new sig

#33 Before February 2015

jakery

It works. Warning for spam, though. :/

#34 Before February 2015

Wezza

Why does this has to be in my topic...

Ofc, you guys can still comment, suggest and ask questions.

#35 Before February 2015

BorkD

Cant you make other smileys be rendered behind all coins at all times?(you would see yourself in front of the coin) I don't see any problem, or any need for an AFK timing system.

#36 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Wezza wrote:

Instead of making it all so difficult, Why not just have the Coin over-lap the Smileys? It wouldn't matter to you once you touch it because it disapears anyhow, and you would be able to see a coin you have yet to Grab over others.

I did suggested that, but i might have deleted it cause one thing. It would be annoying if you keep seeing the coins going around and around.... and around, around, around and around

Coins do that whether there are people on them or not...

I think it is better for coins to just always be in front of smileys. Doesn't hurt anybody. Not as complicated.

Last edited by Greenzoid2 (Jun 19 2011 5:54:37 pm)

#37 Before February 2015

Wezza

I ment that it would be annoying to have a coin spinning and spinning...again...spinning...around... o.0

#38 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

It's only annoying to epilepsy patients.   They already spin, anyway!   I like the idea of coins in the foreground.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#39 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I don't think they should kick for spam because someone might accidentally put the code in chat then people get free code unless you spam it or change the code. Sometimes changing the code will just be an EPIC FAIL in a level.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#40 Before February 2015

Wezza

I never mentioned getting kicked for spamming. The owner chooses to kick the spammer. This suggestion isn't about chat spam.

#41 Before February 2015

Offtheheazy

in otther words, the player is just transparent right?

#42 Before February 2015

Wezza

Not fully transparent. Just behind the coin.

#43 Before February 2015

Minimania
Moderation Team

Wezza wrote:

I'd hate having to press shift all the time and seeing all those names flying around

Yes, but those trolls are fast caught, the onces who fly and troll. The AFK onces too, cause they obviously don't move.

maybe there could be something where you press a key and players become invisible on your screen. or an afk mode where players who dont respond for 30 seconds become transparent.

I did suggested that ;p

Instead of making it all so difficult, Why not just have the Coin over-lap the Smileys? It wouldn't matter to you once you touch it because it disapears anyhow, and you would be able to see a coin you have yet to Grab over others.

I did suggested that, but i might have deleted it cause one thing. It would be annoying if you keep seeing the coins going around and around.... and around, around, around and around

To make   it easyer, you get kicked when your afk for more then 2 minutes.

What if you're on the toilet, or doing the dishes? you would be kicked and all your progress is gone.

What about when you exit a world, you go back to the nearby checkpoint you were last saved on. Checkpoints in another topic. That way, you don't lose ALL your progress. Seems easier, right?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#44 Before February 2015

tim 242423424234

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool [color=blue]hiiiiiiiii

#45 Before February 2015

tim 242423424234

[youtube][/youtube]

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

dgdfgdrgdf

#46 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

tim 242423424234 wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

dgdfgdrgdf

Don't spam please. Consider this a warning.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wezza 1423738735222697

Board footer