Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

some woman

Gravity Changers!

Gravity changers are purple arrows, that do not just push you in that direction, but change gravity to make you fall the way the arrow is facing!

Example: There is a gravity changer facing upwards. If you step on it, you will fall up, and jump down! If it was facing, say, right, you would fall right, jump left, and you could walk on the wall!

Also, an option for choosing which gravity the level is in when it starts wouldn't be the most helpful thing, but whatever.

Last edited by some man (Jun 12 2012 1:21:33 pm)

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

BoredyBored123

Re: Gravity Changers!

some man wrote:

Gravity changers are purple arrows, that do not just push you in that direction, but change gravity to make you fall the way the arrow is facing!

Example: There is a gravity changer facing upwards. If you step on it, you will fall up, and jump down! If it was facing, say, right, you would fall right, jump left, and you could walk on the wall!

I think someone suggested this, but I'm not sure.
I   wish they can add this, I'm tired of putting speed arrows just for different gravity.

#3 Before February 2015

Shift

Um, yeah, remember those little yellow arrows? Those are gravity arrows.

#4 Before February 2015

C3po345

Shift wrote:

Um, yeah, remember those little yellow arrows? Those are gravity arrows.

I think he means you can use gravity without the yellow arrows.

#5 Before February 2015

Muffy

So if there was a purple arrow pointing right,people will be falling to the right side of the map.

#6 Before February 2015

P788

If you are touching multiple yellow arrows pointing right, and you touch a purple arrow pointing left, what could happen then?

Last edited by P788 (Jun 8 2012 7:48:09 am)

#7 Before February 2015

AquaBlitz11

Ahh... First, If we touch purple arrow that pointing left. We'll be at left gravity, yes?
And, If touch multiple yellow arrows, It might be like...
S = Where we're at
> = Right yellow arrow
Note: If we already touch the purple left.

|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>S----S
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^S^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yea, It's that, You'll be up down up down in that up-gravity lake.

AH, Did you understand my thinking of your question? P788
If not, Sorry. Maybe, Doing something like >>>>>> ^^^^^ ____ would be spamming. Ahh, Sorry...

Edit: First time I write Rolate which is wrong... And change it to Rotate... OK

Last edited by AquaBlitz11 (Jul 6 2012 7:03:22 am)

#8 Before February 2015

P788

AquaBlitz11 wrote:

Ahh... First, If we touch purple arrow that pointing left. We'll be at left gravity, yes?
And, If touch multiple yellow arrows, It might be like...
S = Where we're at
> = Right yellow arrow
Note: If we already touch the purple left.

|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>S----S
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
|>>>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^S^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yea, It's that, You'll be up down up down in that up-gravity lake.

AH, Did you understand my thinking of your question? P788
If not, Sorry. Maybe, Doing something like >>>>>> ^^^^^ ____ would be spamming. Ahh, Sorry...

Oh, now I understand! Thank you! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#9 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Or cover the map with arrows

#10 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Which is spammy, and you can't use keys, crowns, coin doors, and decorations.

Great idea.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#11 Before February 2015

Shift

TakoMan02 wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Great idea.

It's already been suggested that arrows get their own layer, and so the player could place anything on top of them. Now, which would be a simpler and sensibler solution?

#12 Before February 2015

F1XM3

uhm. that would pretty much replace the current gravity changers. because there would be no point to have both types.

#13 Before February 2015

BoredyBored123

Shift wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Great idea.

It's already been suggested that arrows get their own layer, and so the player could place anything on top of them. Now, which would be a simpler and sensibler solution?

Gravity changers.
(Gravity changers - 1 click = done.)
(Fill with arrows - You are able to use keys, coins etc but it will come out weird (falling down when you touch it)
(Different layers - Still have to spam them, will take a minute or more to finish.)

Last edited by BoredyBored123 (Jun 10 2012 7:12:43 am)

#14 Before February 2015

Shift

^Oh dearest me.

Look, I'm just saying that you need some way to denote what gravity somebody's currently on, and no, a little purple arrow in the corner won't do. It would get really confusing if everybody's hanging on walls and ceilings for no apparent reason.

#15 Before February 2015

some woman

Shift wrote:

^Oh dearest me.

Look, I'm just saying that you need some way to denote what gravity somebody's currently on, and no, a little purple arrow in the corner won't do. It would get really confusing if everybody's hanging on walls and ceilings for no apparent reason.

Maybe: Every time you touch a new block for the first time, it gives a description of what the block does.

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Shift wrote:

^Oh dearest me.

Maybe turn the smiley upside down/sideways

#17 Before February 2015

green_meklar

If this were done, then a down-pointing yellow arrow would need to be added as well.

#18 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

green_meklar wrote:

If this were done, then a down-pointing yellow arrow would need to be added as well.

Why would you need a down-pointing arrow? The gravity is facing downwards if the space is blank anyway.

#19 Before February 2015

some woman

KanibalFrost wrote:
green_meklar wrote:

Why would you need a down-pointing arrow? The gravity is facing downwards if the space is blank anyway.

If there is a gravity changer facing upwards, The blank spaces won't push you down! That's why we need downward arrows too.

Last edited by some man (Jun 11 2012 3:58:43 pm)

#20 Before February 2015

Toby

Gravity changing arrows also allow you to re-use the same areas and make them play differently with different gravitational pulls. I've always liked this idea, and would love it to added.

I suggested gravity "cannons" a while ago, whereby gravity is changed temporarily and you lose control until you hit another solid block. Would let people push people across rooms without having to make lines of arrows and would allow effects similar to Giovani's gym in the original Pokémon games.

Would be fun to see more gravity modifiers added //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

Oh, the sleeping beauty just woke up.

some man wrote:

If there is a gravity changer facing upwards, The blank spaces won't push you down! That's why we need downward arrows too.

If you're talking about something that will reverse the gravity and not just the direction the arrow is facing, you don't need a downward arrows because the blank spaces are not without gravity, they push you down with an acceleration and the gravity reversal would push you up.

#22 Before February 2015

BoredyBored123

Shift wrote:

^Oh dearest me.

How about the smileys rotate what direction they're going?
Cause if they didn't, it will look weird when you go up.

#23 Before February 2015

some woman

KanibalFrost wrote:

Oh, the sleeping beauty just woke up.

some man wrote:

If you're talking about something that will reverse the gravity and not just the direction the arrow is facing, you don't need a downward arrows because the blank spaces are not without gravity, they push you down with an acceleration and the gravity reversal would push you up.

There may be a part in a world where a player would normally do a right side up minigame with upward arrows, but the minigame is upside down, and you are too. Downward arrows to the rescue!

#24 Before February 2015

C3po345

Did anyone even frickin' LISTEN to me?
Gravity changers allow you to, say, climb on the wall, without all the ugly yellow junk on the walls. More clean backgrounds, more clean art, etc.
I can't believe how much people hate me.

#25 Before February 2015

Kirby

I think it would be complex, going up but jumping down

some woman1423739730221702

Board footer