Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

How to Pwn at Open Worlds

Right now I'll be talking about Castle or Creation Defending. If you're trying to make art in an open world, your best bet is an auto-builder.

So, how can you possibly actually MAKE a castle then DEFEND it in this chaos we call an Open World? Simple. So simple, you only need to do 3 things.

HOW TO PREPARE

1) Get some teammates. You simply cannot defend alone.

2) Hide yourself. Make the castle in black, and don't start freaking out with gravity. If people notice the bright gravity in a perfect rectangle their goal is to attack. If you made a gravity trail to get up to the middle of a map, erase it behind you or make it look like someone came after you and trolled the place up.

2dl9q4l.png

3) Don't start going crazy when someone comes near. Unless they start trolling, don't attack. They might want to help.

HOW TO REMOVE TROLLERS:

Gladly people can't use god mode in open worlds. To get rid of a certain troller, simply erase everything below them. When you push them to the right or left, there's a good chance they won't be going too far. If you take out what's underneath them, they'll fall much more. But the problem is, they'll come back soon, leaving you about a minute to repair everything and set up some sort of defense. You COULD stay and fight, which would be a good idea if you have three or more teammates,   but if you're solo I would suggest leaving. If they come back and the whole place is empty they will think you left, leaving no reason to troll. They might inhabit your castle, which can be solved by the following.

HOW TO ATTACK:

1) Ninja.

2) Move slowly, staying outside of their view.

3) If they have a gravity barrier, simply wait until they aren't paying attention, and remove everything underneath them.

4) Repair the gravity barrier and defend YOUR way.

5) If they come back, which is likely, just start trolling blocks. Simple rage will make them lose hope in ever getting it back. Then repair your damage. If they continue to try and take their castle back, do step 3.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Re: How to Pwn at Open Worlds

Hahah, open worlds..... Fun places, I suppose.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Eh, they can get annoying because of all the randomness. But you have to admit, it's amusing to watch people build a castle for 10 minutes then go and tear it down or take over.

#4 Before February 2015

Worst_master

Attack-ive: Build 1 block-wall only and put dots at the lowest part of the castle. Also, build a arrow barrier.
Upgrade: Down make a straight dot track. Then lengthen your arrow barrier, as many you can. left side use left-arrow and right side use right arrow.
Defensive: Build a double, 2 block-wall only, and also put dots at the lowest part of your castle. So when people attack you, you still have 1 block for safety.
Upgrade: Get a copy of you in the world by opening another window, if there is guys under you to troll, get to there and build a arrow barrier, then you an lengthen it.

#5 Before February 2015

Betaguy

1.) You can aslo use autoclicker.
2.) Hack mod mode so you can fly (it works I've tried)

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

@Worst_master That goes against the most important rule; to hide yourself. if people go past it and see a perfect orange barrier they'll make it their priority to defeat it.

@Betaguy No, no and absolutely not. If they wanted god-mode and autoclick in the game they would've added it in. Hacking=not cool.

#7 Before February 2015

Betaguy

TakoMan02 wrote:

@Worst_master That goes against the most important rule; to hide yourself. if people go past it and see a perfect orange barrier they'll make it their priority to defeat it.

@Betaguy No, no and absolutely not. If they wanted god-mode and autoclick in the game they would've added it in. Hacking=not cool.

I know, but its just so ppl wont troll //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#8 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

I had some epic battles in open worlds. Even some that were hacking... Hacking guys are so hard to beat.

#9 Before February 2015

star

The only problem is that if you don't attract enough attention nobody will attack and you'll just be waiting there.

#10 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

thanks for the guide ill take that in mind

#11 Before February 2015

NikK

Lol. Epic guide.

#12 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Castle and gate system, no one trolled and there was like 25 people in there.

ee2i.png

Last edited by Shy Guy (Apr 26 2011 4:29:59 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

@star It's all about your motivation. If you WANT to get attacked you can make your castle big and bright.

As for shyguy goes, I'm sure people didn't troll because it looks like you spent a lot of time on it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Of course that's hard to believe, considering it's an OPEN world.

#14 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TAKO, HOW DID YOU GET MORE POSTS THAN ME?

Anyway, I'm gonna try this as soon as I get done with (uggh....) making sigs and avatars that nobody will use, and making a world that I'm currently planning in my head.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#15 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Lol. I've had more posts then you for a while.

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Thank you for this! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#17 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Funny how backward my mind is. When I made that "how to make art" tutorial I thought everyone would love it, but as you can tell it's not very popular. When I made my "How to boss" and "how to pwn at open worlds" tutorial I thought they'd be called pointless and unneeded, but look at all these positive comments.

#18 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I followed these steps, then improved my castle. And nobody came CLOSE to it.

mystradegy.png

Features: (Some are from yours)

Thick walls to keep away
Arrows (Lol I know you said not to use them) to keep them out, took 20 minutes to make.
Arrows on inside (To move arond slowliy to scope out anyone coming close, or to clean out your range of blocks to keep from people stopping and deleting)
Crown Spam (If I feel like being ninja king or whatever)
Dots on bottom to clean out lose and far stuff being sneaked on

It was cool. There was 30 people in the room and nobody got me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#19 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5603/mystradegy.png

Thick walls to keep away
Arrows (Lol I know you said not to use them) to keep them out, took 20 minutes to make.
Arrows on inside (To move arond slowliy to scope out anyone coming close, or to clean out your range of blocks to keep from people stopping and deleting)

It was cool. There was 30 people in the room and nobody got me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

That's exactly the point, very nice work.

All you need to work on now is to pay attention XD

Last edited by Tako (Apr 26 2011 8:32:58 pm)

#20 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

TakoMan02 wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5603/mystradegy.png

Thick walls to keep away

That's exactly the point, very nice work.

All you need to work on now is to pay attention XD

LOLOL! When I came back you destroyed it and... just... LOL!

#21 Before February 2015

supadorf24

What's the point of a glorious castle if no one can see it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

By the way, secret blocks in open worlds make me lol.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 26 2011 8:48:05 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Jeremy

I did your guide and then.......... EPIC FAIL!

A guest broke in and SHOOT! He is unstoppable. He was gonna be owned then suddenly another guest showed up. They were against me as if I have done something wrong. I evacuated the castle cause I know that it will be pointless if they destroy and I repair.

#23 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Were they using autoclicker? Were you using a team?

If someone is using autoclicker, they are simply undefeatable. Unless you have a team.

Having a team is important, no matter how hard it is to get people.

#24 Before February 2015

Bobithan

The most epic castle in an open world I was in was right after I got chat. The world was called "Beta vs Guest" (before non-betas could get an account) and all of the betas were in this MASSIVE castle with little tower and stuff to look out for guests but the sad part is, when a guest finally broke in, my internet failed and I couldn't get back online for a few hours. Then I came back after I finally got online and the castle was 100% GONE. *sniff*

PS.I just use autoclicker as a fast way to get around...

aka towwl

#25 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Auto-clicker, in my opinion, is equivalent to a hack. And hackers, imo, are people who can't play the game the right way, the way it was made. Hacking is simply giving up because it is too hard.

Tako1423746627214805

Board footer