Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakebot

How long is a beta test?

On the home screen on EE the panel on the right shows the items currently in the beta test.
So how long is a usual beta test? Is there no approximate time for the release to public? And if there is, when?

+1 rep to whoever answers my questions.
Thanks

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: How long is a beta test?

I don't think there's an approximate time for when an item is released to the public. It's released when an item is perfected to the point where the public can use it without any bugs. Take portals for example. It might be released next week,or even 3 months from now to the public. They just need to be bug-free to be released.

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Monstar43 wrote:

I don't think there's an approximate time for when an item is released to the public. It's released when an item is perfected to the point where the public can use it without any bugs. Take portals for example. It might be released next week,or even 3 months from now to the public. They just need to be bug-free to be released.

This.

I was trying to think of the right response earlier but I had no idea to be honest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Generally what I've seen is, when Chris is updating the game at a regular pace, he'll release the beta items to the public an update or two after they've been in the beta test, or until he feels they've been tested enough. Beta here isn't necessarily beta as you see it in other places, fixing major bugs and stuff (That's what the admins do), beta here is like a first response team. They evaluate it and say what they'd like to be fixed with it, not really what needs to be fixed. It's like using the fine sandpaper (beta) to get the edges of a block of wood extremely smooth after you've already gotten rid of major imperfections with the coarse version (admins and mods). Then you release the smooth block of wood to the public (the public)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

jakebot

Nice metaphor (or simile).

#6 Before February 2015

alexrules

jakebot wrote:

i would give you a rep.
but the answer, it depends if its working or not, i guess. :/

Last edited by alexrules (Jun 7 2011 4:54:08 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Betaguy

alexrules wrote:
jakebot wrote:

i would give you a rep.
but the answer, it depends if its working or not, i guess. :/

Its no "answer" on this, but I recomend Monstar43's post...

#8 Before February 2015

supadorf24

As stated earlier, there is no set time for Beta testing. I suspect that portals may take a while to Beta testing since something as game-changing as portals can be buggy.

jakebot 1423747400214032

Board footer