Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

A Guide to the Bricks (Incomplete)

NOTE! THIS GUIDE IS INCOMPLETE AND NOT ALL INFORMATION IS ON HERE! INFORMATION MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE!

Welcome! Are you new to the Everybody Edits game, and want to know what the different bricks are and how they work? Well, this is the place for you to go!

Contents:
What are bricks?

Brick Types
    -Basic
    -Beta
    -Brick
    -Metal
    -Grass
    -Special
    -Keys, Doors, and Gates
    -Gravity
    -Coins
    -Crown
    -Tools
    -Factory Package
    -Secret Package
    -Glass Package
    -Portal
    -Decorative
    -Diamond

How do I use bricks?
    -Building
    -Art

Conclusion

~What are bricks?~

Bricks/Blocks are what you use to build in Everybody Edits. Without bricks, Everybody Edits (EE) wouldn't function at all. There are currently #?# bricks available. We use bricks for so many things, and it's all we have to create our levels with. Bricks are EE's way of life!

WEnde.png

~Brick Types~

Basic

Basic bricks are your typical, ordinary blocks. They consist of seven different color bricks: Gray, Blue, Purple, Red, Greenish-Yellow, Green, and Light Blue. These bricks have no special features, except that you can change the color of your border with these by replacing the gray ones with a different color.

#Insert Picture Here#

Beta

For about $10.00, you can become a Beta Member and get a new set of 6 bricks, which colors are more light and vibrant than the basic blocks. They have more of a 3D feel to them, with more shading added. The colors of them are lighter then the basic bricks, making it better for art projects that require lighter shades. These bricks do not have any special features.

#Insert Picture Here#

Brick

Similar to the blocks you see on Super Mario Bros., these bricks are good for adding a scene that's pleasant and easy on the eye, or eerie and hard to look at. There are 6 different colors, brown, teal, purple, green, red, and yellow; all in darker shades. They are good for shading too, and have a darker color on the minimap. These bricks have no special features.

#Insert Picture Here#

Metal

The Metal bricks are an artist choice for light, radiant colors. They come in 3 different colors: Dull white, Orange, and Yellow. They have kind of a shiny feel to them. These bricks do not have any special features.

#Insert Picture Here#

Grass

Grass bricks are, basically, grass bricks. What I mean is, there is a brown colored brick beneath a little patch of grass. There are 3 different grasses, right cap, middle, and left cap. "Capping" means to use the different caps to fix hard edges, and make them rounded and more complete on platforms. (More in the 'How do I use bricks?' Section. On the minimap, they have a dull green color. These bricks have no special features.

#Insert Picture Here#

Special

Special bricks aren't really that special, excluding the fully black block. These bricks come in 3 styles. A yellow and black striped one (dark yellow on minimap), yellow brick similar to the flip bricks used in Super Mario Bros. (yellow on minimap), and the Shiny Black Brick. (black on minimap) There is also a brick you can buy from the shop, called the Fully Black Brick (Invisible on minimap, but plain black on screen). Fully black blocks, being invisible on the minimap, can take the place of the Basic Brick borders, and make it so your map potentially has no visible borders. (There ARE still borders that prevent players from going any further.)

#Insert Picture Here#

Keys, Doors, and Gates

More coming soon!!!

Last edited by BuzzerBee (Jun 21 2011 9:24:00 pm)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: A Guide to the Bricks (Incomplete)

Imo, we dont need this. we dont need detail on bricks, and BEE's art and palette guide has all the information i need.

#3 Before February 2015

Koto

Thanks, now I know what the hell those square things are on the bottom of the screen.   That's been driving me nuts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue   /sarcasm

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

It's called the wiki, have you read it? There's already a 'thread' about blocks on the wiki.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

krubby

hey its me! your pal krubby! nice list!

#6 Before February 2015

dol257

omg, thanks im so going to use this in my next stair level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

but we dont really need it. sorry

#7 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Guys, this isn't for you guys. It's for the nubs out there who have no idea what the hell to do in EE.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#8 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

I think Everybody Edits is pretty self-explanatory.

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Zalgryth wrote:

I think Everybody Edits is pretty self-explanatory.

As a whole, the game can get pretty confusing with magic and the shop, but the blocks, yes, are very self-explanatory.

I think he's trying to focus more on the functions of the blocks specifically instead of what blocks are and all that. It could be somewhat useful for a newbie, but at the same time, what are the odds of a newbie getting confused then click on the forum, questions and answers, and then "A Guide to the Bricks"? Not very likely.

Conclusion: Somewhat useful to newbies, unlikely to be seen therefore not very helpful.

Last edited by Tako (Jun 23 2011 10:55:20 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Buzzerbee1423747598213834

Board footer