Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

calculusguy

How do you make an equal key presser?

I mean the one that if you make the following:
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
[red door][green door][blue door][red gate][green gate][blue gate]

And run the key machine, it makes a 3 block long snake that appears to move left/right.
I want this for a level. I dont know what kind of level though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#2 Before February 2015

wchollett

Re: How do you make an equal key presser?

I don't know what exactly you're talking about, but I think you just asked for a key machine? idk how to make them exactly, but I'm giving it a try.
I worked on this a little and did this in my level: Here and you can see my key machine. I'm not exactly sure what you want for the doors/gates, but I find that if you use just doors, it is much easier! I can't get it to work well with both gates and doors. Sorry! For my machine, you have to have two people enter it at slightly different intervals. It may take some maneuvering in god mode to get it to work right, but I did get it to work.
P.S. I worked on this for a good amount of time, so I would appreciate it if you would +rep me. If this isn't what you were looking for, just ask again, please.

#3 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Nope. It should make a 3 block long snake if you do the patteren above. That only does 2 with 1 space between.

PS. Dont ask for rep, and people will give rep to you if your helpful.

EDIT: The snake should move evenly and not do something like move, wait 1 second, move, wait 2 seconds.

Last edited by calculusguy (Aug 4 2011 1:36:35 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Cookiepaw

Do you want one that does 2 keys at a time? If so, here's one:http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWh7PTxAvha0I
To use the one in the level correctly, you have to stand on the edge of the key presser and press the blue key without falling in the presser. Then count three full seconds and fall into the presser. If you do it right every three seconds it will switch keys.

#5 Before February 2015

calculusguy

*sigh* Didnt processer or someone make something like this when I was a shared account using noob? Its should go:

red,           _ G B R _ _

green,     _ _ B R G _

blue,        _ _ _ R G B

,                 R _ _ _ G B

,                 R G _ _ _ B

,                 R G B _ _ _

and repeat. Colors mean key presses. Each comma means wait 5/3 seconds. NOT 3 OR 2 OR WHATEVER YOU'VE SAID. _ means non solid. R=red, G=green, B=blue. They could be on or off.
And they have to be equal in length. To all you noobs, this means you need portals.

Last edited by calculusguy (Aug 4 2011 5:25:55 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Here's an image from last year when I made a key machine.
keysc.png

Don't ask why I was using the YGMal.png smiley, because I don't know.

#7 Before February 2015

Music Man

I'm not sure if your question has really been answered yet, but I did make a key snake. I don't think you need portals, though.

Click here to play it.

eekeysnake.th.png

Just sit in the coaster thingy on top and the key blocks will do a 3-block snake. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

calculusguy

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Here's an image from last year when I made a key machine.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8482/keysc.png

Don't ask why I was using the YGMal.png smiley, because I don't know.

Why were you using the   1 angry 1   smiley? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And thanks, music man. Although it may not be exactly right, it is good enough for now.

Last edited by calculusguy (Aug 5 2011 11:10:08 am)

#9 Before February 2015

wchollett

I GOT IT!!! You can use WPE Pro! You can set it to do each key at a certain time! And you can move around or animate your smileys or anything like that as you play!

#10 Before February 2015

calculusguy

...If I could use wpe, I would. But I cant. And if you post another fail reply, I might -rep you.

calculusguy 1423748742212690

Board footer