Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

How would one go about making a bot?

I'm not looking to make a full-fledged Shift-style bot, but just one with basic functions: Move left, right, jump, and being aware of it's situation (adapt its directions when on an arrow wall). I'd also like it to be able to track another player's movement, if possible. Does anyone know what language (programming) I'd need to learn, or if there's a program that'd make things simpler? The things I listed are just the necessities for me, not the limits. If it can do more, that'd be great. I'm not against buying a book if necessary.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

Re: How would one go about making a bot?

JadElClemens wrote:

I'm not looking to make a full-fledged Shift-style bot, but just one with basic functions: Move left, right, jump, and being aware of it's situation (adapt its directions when on an arrow wall). I'd also like it to be able to track another player's movement, if possible. Does anyone know what language (programming) I'd need to learn, or if there's a program that'd make things simpler? The things I listed are just the necessities for me, not the limits. If it can do more, that'd be great. I'm not against buying a book if necessary.

You might want to talk to cyph1e. He might help, but he might not spill the beans of his bot making.

#3 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

The last time I asked him he lead me to look up some crap about a programming language that basically makes no sense whatsoever. Befunge, I think.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 Before February 2015

Jahranja

I want a bot like Cyph1e so I can make my own shift just for myself 1xp1

#5 Before February 2015

JadElClemens wrote:

I'd also like it to be able to track another player's movement, if possible.

STALKER_Clear_Sk_4bdbf6a1a5112.jpg

Being serious now, that sounds very interesting...

#6 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

I'd use C/C++, Java to write the code and then obviously WPE PRO to actually use the bot.
But, yeah, you might wanna talk to cyph1e about C/C++ instead of just asking general questions.

#7 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Actually this stuff sounds pretty easy to make.
You need to give the instance(bot) awareness, a key factor.
Awareness gravity shift- move to shifted gravity
Awareness mod- follow x axis of mod(move left or right)
Awareness coin- attempt collection
Corollary to awareness coin: if loop of bricks around coin, do not attempt to collect
2nd corollary: if door gaps loop, attempt collision with key
corollary to 2nd: if no key or key is looped by bricks, do not attempt to collide with key
3rd corollary: if gate gaps loop, attempt coin collection
corollary to 3rd: if instance gate is masked with instance gate_closed, wait for timer to run out
corollary to corollary to 3rd: if timer never runs out do not wait or attempt coin collection

something like that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I just know all the wordy stuff, not the coding.
[it's easy to imagine, but hard to build]

Last edited by TrappedTime (Aug 1 2011 7:27:42 am)

#8 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

JadElClemens wrote:

The last time I asked him he lead me to look up some crap about a programming language that basically makes no sense whatsoever. Befunge, I think.

Like I said, he dosen't enjoy spilling the beans of his programming. He wants his programming to be original.

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Well, that's why I didn't want to ask him. So, you'd suggest C/C++ Nice! I've heard that's the worst language to start on, so can anyone suggest a language that'd be good to start on to help me build up to that? Java, maybe?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Talk to an admin.

They're administrators for a reason, and I know Rurigok is *cough*OBSESSED*cough* with java.

Aslai also has a bot of his own.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#11 Before February 2015

Bimps

TakoMan02 wrote:

Talk to an admin.

They're administrators for a reason, and I know Rurigok is *cough*OBSESSED*cough* with java.

need a coughdrop?

#12 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TakoMan02 wrote:

Talk to an admin.

Well, the only kind of coding involved with the forum is BBcode (hah) and CSS (unless you're Cyclone). Neither of these are of use to me. I'll talk to ruri about Java, though.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#13 Before February 2015

Twipply

I think C/C++ & Microsoft Detours seems to be your best chance, WPE isn't likely to help much.

#14 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Off-topic: I don't get enough chances to tell you you're awesome.

On-topic: I'll have to look into those.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#15 Before February 2015

Fer22f

Hahahaha.. I tried to make that 1 zillons on times man.. u dont will find nothing with windows operating system! WPE did because him inject a special dll on programs. Man just make a auto-click bot, packets bot does much work! And cyph1e is formed, then he knows anything about this.

EDIT:
But, IF U GET how the "entrance" protocol of EE, u can connect to EE by your program and u can do that!

And for ... i have 11 years and program C, C++, java, delphi and LUA (roblox).

Last edited by Fer22f (Aug 1 2011 6:26:41 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

Twipply

Jad, do you have any programming experience?   'Cus if not, I can see this being quite an advanced task for you.   If you can actually get Microsoft Detours to work with VC++, I'd be happy to help you a little with whatever you want, although some of your ideas are going to be a fair bit harder than others.   I could probably also give you outdated code for an autobuilder to examine or update and use yourself.

Also, if you can tell me what this Shift bot thingy does in specifics, perhaps I can see how realistic recreating that would be, assuming you'd want that.

Fer22f wrote:

Hahahaha.. I tried to make that 1 zillons on times man.. u dont will find nothing with windows operating system! WPE did because him inject a special dll on programs. Man just make a auto-click bot, packets bot does much work! And cyph1e is formed, then he knows anything about this.

EDIT:
But, IF U GET how the "entrance" protocol of EE, u can connect to EE by your program and u can do that!

What?

Last edited by Twipply (Aug 2 2011 5:24:26 am)

#17 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Umm... all I can tell you is that programs have a 'protocol' in which you can edit to make different functions. And if you can connect with that, you probably can connect with other protocols.
(Either that or the info I got from Nintendo Power is false ):< )

#18 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Twipply wrote:

Jad, do you have any programming experience?   'Cus if not, I can see this being quite an advanced task for you.

Minimal knowledge of LUA and I read two different GML guides over and over. Experience? No. Knowledge? Sorta. I did program a simple door in LUA once, though. I had to get help from the roblox forums. Turns out all that went wrong is I forgot to capitalize Workspace or something. >:(

Twipply wrote:

perhaps I can see how realistic recreating that would be, assuming you'd want that.

JadElClemens wrote:

I'm not looking to make a full-fledged Shift-style bot,

Twipply wrote:
Fer22f wrote:

Hahahaha.. I tried to make that 1 zillons on times man.. u dont will find nothing with windows operating system! WPE did because him inject a special dll on programs. Man just make a auto-click bot, packets bot does muc
h work! And cyph1e is formed, then he knows anything about this.

EDIT:

What?

I was wondering the exact same thing.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I understand what he's trying to say... I think.

I tried to make that tons of times. You won't get anywhere on a Windows OS. WPE worked for Cyph1e because he injected a special DLL into his programs. Just make an auto-click bot, packets bot does a lot of work. And cyph1e knows everything about this.

But, If you understand how logging in and entering levels works, you can even have your program connect directly to ee and have no need to even have a browser open.

I made lines I'm still not sure about in bold.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

Twipply

Twipply wrote:

perhaps I can see how realistic recreating that would be, assuming you'd want that.

JadElClemens wrote:

I'm not looking to make a full-fledged Shift-style bot,

I know what you said, I just thought it might've been because you thought that was too advanced or something, so I offered anyway.

Different55 wrote:

I understand what he's trying to say... I think.

I tried to make that tons of times. You won't get anywhere on a Windows OS. WPE worked for Cyph1e because he injected a special DLL into his programs. Just make an auto-click bot, packets bot does a lot of work. And cyph1e knows everything about this.

But, If you understand how logging in and entering levels works, you can even have your program connect directly to ee and have no need to even have a browser open.

I made lines I'm still not sure about in bold.

To say that WPE worked for that Cyph1e guy isn't of much interest, because we don't need or want to use WPE for our bot.   More likely we want to use Microsoft Detours to create a .dll, which we're going to inject to send/receive/edit packets of information and other fun things.

I suggest you install VC++ and get Microsoft Detours working with it, which is probably 90% of the effort involved in getting to at least an autobuilder.   Maybe you can also give me some specifics of what you'd like to do.   More interested in building things automatically than moving a character around.

#21 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Well, I'm not currently in a position to be downloading anything right now. This isn't my computer. In 3 weeks to a month I'll have my own (crap) laptop back, and by next summer I should have a relatively good desktop. I was just curious what languages I'd need to learn so I could begin working on it.

I suppose an autobuilder bot would be alright.
The original idea came to me when me and two other guys were in a map chasing each other. I thought "Damn, this is pointless", so I thought, "wait, what if I could make a bot to follow people and creep them out?", then I thought I might be able to just have my alts follow me and have a train going. Random stuff, basically.

An autobuilder would be useful if it had preprogrammed challenges to build such as shift did.
Anyway, I'll get back to you guise with some useful information in a months' time.

If needed, I can download a non-windows OS onto the laptop, but I'm sure that'd screw crap up, especially considering I know nothing of linux

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#22 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

JadElClemens wrote:

The original idea came to me when me and two other guys were in a map chasing each other. I thought "Damn, this is pointless", so I thought, "wait, what if I could make a bot to follow people and creep them out?", then I thought I might be able to just have my alts follow me and have a train going. Random stuff, basically.

That sounds amazing. I want to see it if you ever finish it so I can be all like WHAAA and then be jealous.

#23 Before February 2015

Twipply

JadElClemens wrote:

Well, I'm not currently in a position to be downloading anything right now. This isn't my computer. In 3 weeks to a month I'll have my own (crap) laptop back, and by next summer I should have a relatively good desktop. I was just curious what languages I'd need to learn so I could begin working on it.

I suppose an autobuilder bot would be alright.

An autobuilder would be useful if it had preprogrammed challenges to build such as shift did.
Anyway, I'll get back to you guise with some useful information in a months' time.

If needed, I can download a non-windows OS onto the laptop, but I'm sure that'd screw crap up, especially considering I know nothing of linux

Windows is fine, you don't need anything else.

You could make it build anything you like, whenever you like, in whatever way you like.   If you want a bunch of challenges to be built over each other randomly or when completed, that's just a simple extension of autobuilding, which should be quite simple.   As for making it follow you around the map, I think that's going to be beyond your capabilities and almost certainly beyond mine, too.

Autobuilding, quiz bots, saving maps, flipping/rotating maps while ingame, teleporting, taking keys/crowns without touching them, lots of stuff like that is quite easy.

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I actually don't think the following is necessary, it is possible to edit anywhere on the map from one location. It still would be cool though.

#25 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

The following part wasn't in order to do anything special, it was just meant to follow. That's it. I'm just saying that was my original motivation for making a bot.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1423750421211011

Board footer