Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Text

Did the text which can be placed in worlds will be aviable for normal players?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Text

No, it's only for moderators and will likely stay that way.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

so you can place that text?

i8SwC8p.png

#4 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Different55 wrote:

maxi123 wrote:

Read the first word of Different55's post.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Saintcool wrote:
Different55 wrote:

maxi123 wrote:

I think he was talking about me, specifically.

No, I can't place the text, I'm only a forum moderator, not a game moderator.

- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i saw one world called "Solar system" and theres was text   "Welcome to space!"
but worlds owner isn't moderator!

i8SwC8p.png

#7 Before February 2015

Krock

maxi123 wrote:

Since when can't join moderators into other levels anymore? :rolleyes:

#8 Before February 2015

Saintcool

maxi123 wrote:

That was Helvis level, when a mod joins a level and likes it, he will normally place some text.

#9 Before February 2015

skullhead

I would wish you could get text from the energy shop and it's like 25 energy per word (12 letter limit) something like that

#10 Before February 2015

Saintcool

You can buy it along with the contest similes for about a thousand dollars according to Atilla and Doh.

#11 Before February 2015

skullhead

Saayyyyyyyyy   WHHHAAAATTT!!!!!!!!!!! 1 THOUSAND DOLLARS?!

#12 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

maxi123 wrote:

That just means a moderator was there and they wrote on the level.

- ShinsukeIto

#13 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

You actually can buy it. It's a tough process, but it's possible:

1. Go to Chris's/Mr. Shoe's house
2. Hand over $1,000,000
3. You get mod powers

#14 Before February 2015

cooldude102

No rock, it doesnt work like that!

#15 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Saintcool wrote:

You can buy it along with the contest similes for about a thousand dollars according to Atilla and Doh.

Invalid. The only thing that <was> accessible was the unlit pumpkin smiley.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#16 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Saintcool wrote:
Different55 wrote:

maxi123 wrote:

Read the second word of maxi's post.

Check whom maxi was talking to.  

Text can be useful, for now it takes up so much space for our worlds, so I think it should become available for us all.

#17 Before February 2015

jemhun

They said they would release the text blocks if they have a full-time moderator //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#18 Before February 2015

hummerz5

^Too bad they don't have full-time moderators.

Terence22205: Chris, will letter blocks ever be released to the public?
QRious: Terence22205 not before we have enough money to hire a fulltime moderator
hummerz5: QRious: What is the problem of finding an unpaid person who uses EE all the time?
QRious: hummerz5, the legal work of using a free work force is at best strange
QRious: also I like people I can talk to in person

Darn. Someone, go work with Chris in PlayerIO development or whatever.
Then we can has text.

#19 Before February 2015

Master1

They need to stop being stupid and realize that kids will hear these words eventually. The quicker they learn it's not nice to say, the better. Anyways, I still don't understand how a word can even be "bad".

Example: Saying something like "oh crap I forgot my money" is the same thing as saying "oh crap I forgot my money." There's 2 different words that mean the same thing, however people decide that when you say the wrong one of them, your a horrible person.

Another example would be: Saying screw you, or **** you. To me, screw you sounds meaner, but **** you is considered to be worse to say.

Well... I'm done spamming the forum with words that should be considered the same way as any other word.

They need to stop being wobs and release it already.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#20 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Master1 wrote:

They need to stop being stupid and realize that kids will hear these words eventually. The quicker they learn it's not nice to say, the better. Anyways, I still don't understand how a word can even be "bad".

Example: Saying something like "oh crap I forgot my money" is the same thing as saying "oh crap I forgot my money." There's 2 different words that mean the same thing, however people decide that when you say the wrong one of them, your a horrible person.

Another example would be: Saying screw you, or **** you. To me, screw you sounds meaner, but **** you is considered to be worse to say.

Well... I'm done spamming the forum with words that should be considered the same way as any other word.

I agree, also remove censoring from chat or add an option for Strong, Mild, and No censoring.   You can't even say Hitler.   Talking about history and you'll be censored apparently.

I also don't understand why not allow text for the "bad words" reason if they can be drawn anyway.   Except with block letters, you can only see them on screen, but not in the minimap like when you draw them.   These so called "bad words" should be the least of your worries for children on the internet when inappropriate content is a click away.

#21 Before February 2015

magic277isback

With text would be useful.

#22 Before February 2015

hummerz5

AzurePudding wrote:
Master1 wrote:

I agree, also remove censoring from chat or add an option for Strong, Mild, and No censoring.   You can't even say Hitler.   Talking about history and you'll be censored apparently.

I also don't understand why not allow text for the "bad words" reason if they can be drawn anyway.   Except with block letters, you can only see them on screen, but not in the minimap like when you draw them.   These so called "bad words" should be the least of your worries for children on the internet when inappropriate content is a click away.

Continuing along these lines, I don't understand why they even made chat cost in the first place.

Chris wrote:

We?ve since added a chat, and while it is working very well, it?s not particularly child-friendly. Consquently, I have received a lot of emails from concerned parents wishing for the ability to turn off the chat for their child.

Alright, concerned parents. Why didn't he do just that? Create the ability to "turn off the chat for their child".
Problem solved, right?

#23 Before February 2015

sirmentio

hummerz5 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Master1 wrote:

Continuing along these lines, I don't understand why they even made chat cost in the first place.

Chris wrote:

We?ve since added a chat, and while it is working very well, it?s not particularly child-friendly. Consquently, I have received a lot of emails from concerned parents wishing for the ability to turn off the chat for their child.

Alright, concerned parents. Why didn't he do just that? Create the ability to "turn off the chat for their child".
Problem solved, right?

Actualy, tons of children today hide the fact that this is a multiplayer game, in fact , they practically Hide this game from them! So if that were to happen Most of the time children won't have chat off due to the parents not knowing what you're doing. (most of the time)

#24 Before February 2015

Master1

^not going to quote all that but this message goes towards it.^

Chris and MrShoe have added so many censors to the chat, that it basically is child friendly. They should keep either the censors, or the price for buying it. having both is just stupid.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#25 Before February 2015

hummerz5

sirmentio wrote:

Actualy, tons of children today hide the fact that this is a multiplayer game, in fact , they practically Hide this game from them! So if that were to happen Most of the time children won't have chat off due to the parents not knowing what you're doing. (most of the time)

No_no_no...
Chris was fussing over a group of parents who had e-mailed him.
These parents obviously knew what was happening, or they wouldn't have e-mailed.
Because they e-mailed, they would be ready to take action and disable the chat.
I'm not talking about the other parents because this really doesn't affect them. Whether or not we have chat blocked, if they don't know the game exists, they won't be any wiser.

TaskManager1423754508206924

Board footer