Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Hexagon

[ActionScript] Bots can be "always on"

Hello,

Recently I have discovered the ActionScript PlayerIO API. This functions in a very similar way as the C# one does in that one can create a bot and run it. However with ActionScript it can be run in a web browser. If someone wants an ActionScript based bot online, they can just keep the website open.

However because I haven't heard of anyone use the ActionScript API for anything I'm worried that there is a major problem that I am not seeing (aside from learning an entirely different language).

Has anyone used the ActionScript API? Is there something that is preventing people from using it?

Last edited by Hexagon (Jul 30 2014 6:44:42 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Processor

Re: [ActionScript] Bots can be "always on"

EE itself is using the AS library, so yeah. If you have a computer that is running 24/7, why not run a normal C# bot instead?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#3 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Well flash is somewhat platform-independent and other people would be able to easily start it (navigate to a website).

#4 Before February 2015

abrar11

I have currently a working bot in actionscript - it connects to a world and all the other basic stuff, also yeah its a cooler way to make web based bots I can upload it to a website and run it, I've tried but theres no point at the moment but yeah it's quite neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Somebody needs to make an online bot that can:
- auto edit
- ee artist
- fill world with desired block
- write text
- bomb worlds (with limitations)

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

C# can be fairly platform independent. Mono runs on a variety of machines. The only time I had a problem with it was with my old iMac G3, which is big endian.

As for JaWapa, I'm still considering a take two on my online bot project.
I just need to figure out the best way to handle back/forth communication.

#7 Before February 2015

Showpath

I personally have used the Actionscript library its not much different other than all the syntax and your bot runs in flash.

#8 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I made a bot that ran in flash a few years ago. It's no different than running an application, and can be possibly worse if you're using browsers like Chrome that aren't very good at handling Flash background operations.

Meaning, the bot can lag significantly if other browsing activity is happening in the background, whereas a C# application for example, would not.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 Before February 2015

abrar11

I wouldnt recommend as3 if you're going for like a heavy bot

Hexagon1423758082203350

Board footer