Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Block Check

I have heard many strategies of how to check the blocks left behind and placing them. I was curious on how everyone does their own block check and i wanted to learn the quickest and most effective way to check all the blocks placed.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#2 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: Block Check

I add all blocks that I want to place into a list and a timer can place them and go down the list, if a "b" is missing from the list it is inserted just under where the timer is reading from.

At certain points I can clear the list.

It works, I doubt it is the most efficient.

Last edited by Metatron (Sep 2 2014 3:20:47 am)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#3 Before February 2015

ewoke

add all to a list,
make it place and check with "b"(remove from list if block is added)
if the list is not empty repeat loop

if you can read this....good for you

#4 Before February 2015

Hexagon

My hypothetical way is to place one block, wait until the message that the block comes back then repeat this about five times, measuring how long it takes between the "block has been placed" message to come back. Then begin to place blocks at half of the time it takes for the "block has been placed" message to come back (Thread Sleep) since the roundtrip of the block-has-been-placed packet is doubled.

#5 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

I use cupcake. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Mylo (Sep 2 2014 1:05:42 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Cupcake takes all of the skill out of it. >:(

Anyway, to ensure I have all of my blocks uploaded I start with a clear world. I create a list of all my blocks, excluding the grey ones in the border (because you can't resend those). I then loop through the list of blocks until it's empty. Meaning, I watch all 8 of EE's block messages removing each from the list as I get it. Of course, I have a "tries" variable to prevent blocks you don't have from letting it ever end.

Jabatheblob11423758556202876

Board footer